Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running Cables In An Is200 1999

Hi Guys,

any one got any advice on running new speaker cables from a rear mounted amp to the front door space.. If so have you got any pics of it being done and where they enter/leave the door.

Im guessing they will go down through side of the car, (i understand their is space), then into the front kick space, (the side bits forward of the doors) then i guess their will be a piece of tube to run the cables through. is this rite, and does anyone know how easy it would be to run the speaker cable through.

Thanks for the help..

Steve

Hi Guys,

any one got any advice on running new speaker cables from a rear mounted amp to the front door space.. If so have you got any pics of it being done and where they enter/leave the door.

Im guessing they will go down through side of the car, (i understand their is space), then into the front kick space, (the side bits forward of the doors) then i guess their will be a piece of tube to run the cables through. is this rite, and does anyone know how easy it would be to run the speaker cable through.

Thanks for the help..

Steve

Yep your right. I ran my speaker cables through the rubber tubing that connects the door wiring into the the car, however its a biatch to do! I found it easier to run cable from the door into the car rather than the other way around. Use a flexible piece of metal like a coat hanger and wrap your cable around this so you can pull it through. I found it very tricky so be warned!

oh dear ***, i best get somene to hide the hammers before i attempt that :D

Thanks for the advice, anymore :D

be careful not to puncture the tubing as you feed the coat hander through. Once you get it into the car, you might not be able to reach it with your, hand, so use a long needle nose pliers to grab it and pull it through.

Hope that helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

I ran my cables from amp in the back,through the hole on the passenger side of the seat then down the middle of the car.i took out the whole of the centre console and used a boat hanger to get the wires under the carpet between the front and the back,and i had some monitor cable too get thru with a big plug on the end!very tight fit!

Looks good mate! If you dont want too have massive boxs in your boots you could get stealth boxez which fit neatly into the sides!

You could always gt a double DIN HU, there are some very reasonably priced ones on eBay ATM

Yeah i did make some mounts for aftermarket speakers too fit in the standard holes, took ages! then i de-modified my car when i was banned and sold all my mods too someone, and gave him the mounts and speakers for free doh! so gonna have too balls around and make some more!

• 2 weeks later...
Its just a normal square box, going to rig it up so the sub points thorug the ski hatch.... hopefully :D

I tried the same, doesnt really work. You would actually need to mount it onto the ski hatch and use the boot as the box! I have a stealth box too. its the easiest option i think

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links