Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Refurb And Or Respray

Bloodygoodbloke

Im pickign up a set of Standard 17" alloys tonight and i have been told 3 need refurbed.

now my dilema is

1 is good and 3 are bad

do i get the 3 refurbed back to standard and leave it at that saving myself some money.

or do i get all 4 powder coated or resprayed to a different colour?

what colours do you think will go with the Granite Sky car colour?

Im pickign up a set of Standard 17" alloys tonight and i have been told 3 need refurbed.

now my dilema is

1 is good and 3 are bad

do i get the 3 refurbed back to standard and leave it at that saving myself some money.

or do i get all 4 powder coated or resprayed to a different colour?

I would get them refurbed and resprayed, there aint much difference in the price. Maybe some sort of bronze would be nice

Got these in 'gunmetal' to match my Cadoxton Slate/Smoky Granite Mica, and I think they suit better than a contrasting colour.

volksboxxe1.th.jpg

Chris - see my thread on my refurb... remember I was on holiday on friday.. well I was busy !!

You can see them in the flesh next weekend (unless I come up to the office mid week).

send me some pics - as I mentioned it to my mate when we were doing my wheels.

Chris - see my thread on my refurb... remember I was on holiday on friday.. well I was busy !!

You can see them in the flesh next weekend (unless I come up to the office mid week).

send me some pics - as I mentioned it to my mate when we were doing my wheels.

Im not too sure what i want to do.

I like the 17" wheel thats sprayed inner bits and polished outers

Preferably id like this restored.

But a couple of the wheels are a bit scuffed and they may have to be powder coated. Probably going to go for the silver just to satisfy insurance.

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE

all 3 wheels are in to get Diamon cut and resprayed back to factory finish

costing £80 a wheel.

should get the discount negotiator to get me a discount before they come back and i have to pay for them

Don't forget to post up some pics when you've fitted 'em :winky:

• 3 weeks later...

YET ANOTHER UPDATE

i had 3 different types of tyre and i got a mate who owns a garage to get me a a bridgestone tyre (one of the wheels has a new bridgestone on it so i thought id make a pair.)

I puchased a spare 17" off eBay (slightly damaged but its a spare so not that bothered) and decided to get the odd tyre put on that one and the new tyre on one of my recently refurbished Wheels.

Went to my mates garage and got him to swap over the tyres and put the new tyre on.

He said he would get it done for my and come back in an hour.

Goes back to pick up the wheels with the intention of putting them on today along with painting my calipers.

Picks up the spare puts it in the car, goes back to get the other wheel and thats when i went nuts.

My Mate got one of the juniors to change the tyres and the stupid ****** scratched and stripped the lacquer from the wheel.

*** i went bazerk. i just paid £80 for that wheel to get refurbished and some stupid 20 year old ruins it putting a £100 tyre onto it.

So no changing wheels today. Im Gutted. The wheele hadnt even touched tarmac yet and its ruined again.

Im hoping when i see my mate he lets me off with the tyre so i can go and get the wheel refurbished AGAIN.

Only consolation is my wheels get a further couple of weeks away from the road salt.

im away to cry a bit more now

My Mate got one of the juniors to change the tyres and the stupid ****** scratched and stripped the lacquer from the wheel.

*** i went bazerk. i just paid £80 for that wheel to get refurbished and some stupid 20 year old ruins it putting a £100 tyre onto it.

im away to cry a bit more now

I had the same thing with my starion wheels! its just wrong that someone can be so careless about something that is obviously in such great condition and well looked after!

"Respect a mans car and he will respect you"

hope it gets sorted!

Got your text this morning when I turned my phone on Chris.

What a muppet... when fitting tyres to an alloy wheel, they should use a softer guide on the equipment to prevent damaging the rim.

I'd demand he pay for the required re-furb and give you the tyre for free - trust me he'll have got the tyre from a distributor for a lot less than that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links