Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had A New Bmw Z4 M Coupe Trying It On Earlier!

aido

Hmmm now that's different, I was minding my own business earlier when a Z4 M Coupe was driving like a nob on the M1, really bad lane disclipline, anyway, have to admit, I just thought it was a standard Z4 and it was pretty quick, but I wouldn't let him get past and he never got past me until I was turning off for my junction, I nearly ****** myself when I realised it was a Z4 M Coupe, with a fit bird in the passenger seat who didn't look impressed, think the guy had been trying to show off but couldn't get anywhere near me!

These Aristos are obviously quicker than I thought :lol:

Never got to any silly speeds though, don't forget mine can't go any quicker than 112mph anyway due to the limiter being active but I didn't go above 80 on the speedo which makes it even funnier!

you must have something pretty special to beat a z4m..... 0-60 in 4.8s....330bhp weighs 1495kg, ugly looking things, but a fantastic engine...

Does a T67 turbo pushing out about 500 ish horses at 1.2 bar count ? :D

Don't forget its also not all about 0-60 the 2JZ-GTE is renowned for its pull above 30 mph. I'd say the mk2 aristo is good for 60 in 5.4 seconds as stock and easily below 5 in BPU guise. Contrary to popular belief the VVTi's auto box will put you in the best gear when booting it significantly faster than a manual will.

aido are you sure it wasnt a badged up regular Z4 car?.Ive recently had a go in a members Z4M from bmw owners club and its just quicker than my m3,i dont mean to be rude but i dont think your aristo would take the new z4m in a 0-100 drag,but then like i say,there is always a way to sort these things out :winky:(i meanyou may have the initial advantage 0-30 mph,but i think anything over 6000rpm and the m car would show you what its about,its still got another 3000rpm to go before changing up and on smg cars the computer does it for you or tells you when to change by flashing lights on the dash,depending which mode you are in at the time,which makes sure you dont change late or early,its also got launch control as std.after being in your car i know its more than capable,its just not the same bruttality of the Ms.Just my humple opinion ofcourse.i just had new milltek race cats fitted and its got that little bit quicker.my cars weighs in at 1500kg with 343hp,365nm @ 4,900rpm,what is the spec on the aristo bud?i know torque wins the race,so you may be right,it just doesnt seem right if you know what i mean?

The guy behind the wheel makes all the difference, especially in this weather. Is the Z4M an auto as well then? If not you can have all the flashy lights in the world but the driver still has to physically actually change the gear himself and will do themselves as and when they want to. Fluffing a gearchange will not only cost you acceleration time but will also upset the cars balance. When cars are this close in power its the driver, their attitude, and ability that makes the difference. I got disgraced once in my NA supra by a for KA once as they were prepared to drive more aggressively than me.

Also an aristo will do all but the newest CSL M3s from most speeds to most speeds. A BPU aristo will pretty much do most of the M5s apart from the latest ones as well.

aido are you sure it wasnt a badged up regular Z4 car?.Ive recently had a go in a members Z4M from bmw owners club and its just quicker than my m3,i dont mean to be rude but i dont think your aristo would take the new z4m in a 0-100 drag,but then like i say,there is always a way to sort these things out :winky:(i meanyou may have the initial advantage 0-30 mph,but i think anything over 6000rpm and the m car would show you what its about,its still got another 3000rpm to go before changing up and on smg cars the computer does it for you or tells you when to change by flashing lights on the dash,depending which mode you are in at the time,which makes sure you dont change late or early,its also got launch control as std.after being in your car i know its more than capable,its just not the same bruttality of the Ms.Just my humple opinion ofcourse.i just had new milltek race cats fitted and its got that little bit quicker.my cars weighs in at 1500kg with 343hp,365nm @ 4,900rpm,what is the spec on the aristo bud?i know torque wins the race,so you may be right,it just doesnt seem right if you know what i mean?

I assume it was pukka mate, it had the four exhausts too like the M range seems to like!

I wasn't a 0-100 race though mate, you're talking 60 and upwards, like Brian says it's where these things pull like a train!

Spec as standard is 280bhp (Jap gentlemen's agreement, more like ~320) but with 451.0 Nm @3600 - and don't forget I've got the boost raised from 0.8 bar to 1.1 bar, FCD and also exhaust has been done and now got a SARD performance air filter.

Think the kerb weight is around 1680kg.

Say for example the mods add 30NM to the car, that makes it 286.31NM/tonne, whereas the Z4M is running 243.33NM/tonne, V300 comes in at nearly 20% extra torque if they were the same weight!

It's why the Supra TT is called the torque monster from Japan :D Don't know what they call the Aristo though :lol:

Definitely agree with you on the brutality though, this things nothing like the M, the lad I car share with to work has an M3, same as yours and that thing feels like it's going to snap my neck at times! Weird how it feels totally different though, in terms of how these things deliver the power, guess the NA has a much bigger initial snap whereas these things just go a bit silly once the turbo's have both spooled up!

Been telling him today about your new purchase, his jaw nearly dropped as he didn't realise you could modify the M series, you'll be much quicker than me with that SC on :D

you must have something pretty special to beat a z4m..... 0-60 in 4.8s....330bhp weighs 1495kg, ugly looking things, but a fantastic engine...

:lol:

Brian doesn't have a car if it's not special :winky:

BMW really do get a lot of power out of their engines as NA, like I say I love the way my mates M3 drives, but this fat old man's car will beat it in a straight line - forget about cornering though as standard the M3 will destroy an Aristo around a bend :crybaby:

This will make you laugh - got an RX 350 6 weeks ago and now it's well run in. Bunch of chavs in a Saxo were mighty surprised to see this old farts 4*4 blow them into the dust from a standing start :D

Spec as standard is 280bhp (Jap gentlemen's agreement, more like ~320) but with 451.0 Nm @3600 - and don't forget I've got the boost raised from 0.8 bar to 1.1 bar, FCD and also exhaust has been done and now got a SARD performance air filter.

Think the kerb weight is around 1680kg.

Definitely agree with you on the brutality though, this things nothing like the M, the lad I car share with to work has an M3, same as yours and that thing feels like it's going to snap my neck at times! Weird how it feels totally different though, in terms of how these things deliver the power, guess the NA has a much bigger initial snap whereas these things just go a bit silly once the turbo's have both spooled up!

Brian doesn't have a car if it's not special :winky:

BMW really do get a lot of power out of their engines as NA, like I say I love the way my mates M3 drives, but this fat old man's car will beat it in a straight line - forget about cornering though as standard the M3 will destroy an Aristo around a bend :crybaby:

1.1 bar should be good for pushing out 400 or as near as dammit horses (dunno what that is in newfangled NMs :D) My supra with 1.15 bar had 395 bhp at the hubs (it did have quite a few other supporting mods for that power). I agree though start bunging an aristo through corners and any of the BM M series will glue themselves to your *****, wether they have enough oomph to get past you on the bends on a public road I seriously doubt. Message here is get in front on the straight way before the bendy bit :D

Twisties you'll kill me, dunno what'll happen in the 0-100, would be pretty funny, we'll have to wait til the weather clears up, anyway I'm not doing the 0-100 as that's illegal :lol:

0-70 it is :P

:blush: oops,should have mentioned on private road,

Aido,im not a very good driver anyway,i wanna drive yours and you have to drive mine.now that would be fun :winky: and Gord has to try and keep up in his diesel. :lol: Im kinda scared now,i have a feeling that you may be right about the aristo vs m3 being a triumph to the aristo,but its gonna be funny tryin to find out tho,dont ya reckon.im lookin forward. :hehe:

Aido,im not a very good driver anyway,i wanna drive yours and you have to drive mine.now that would be fun :winky: and Gord has to try and keep up in his diesel. :lol: Im kinda scared now,i have a feeling that you may be right about the aristo vs m3 being a triumph to the aristo,but its gonna be funny tryin to find out tho,dont ya reckon.im lookin forward. :hehe:

Im up for the 0-70 boys :D running at 265bhp now :shifty:

Really? :whistling:

I did read that on the road and in real world driving their is little difference between an M3 and a tuned oil burner like Gord's because of all the torque Gords car has (approx 550Nm+)

Of course an M3 would KILL it on a track, but Gord's car should beat the Aristo round bends (with his M-tech Sport Suspension)

Wouldn't fancy it in a 0 -60 drag race however against the Aristo or M3 however, the gearbox has a long throw and I don't think is helpful to making quick sharp changes...........(obviously I am guessing all this since I don't have the same car...... :shifty: )

Gord could challenge you to an economy run too - I'm sure he would **** all over both of you in that test!! :P :P :P

Now being a humble standard IS200 owner I couldn't compete with you big boys! :P (I'll bring the refreshments!)

When it's dry then we'll all have a meet up somewhere :) I'm a crap driver too so that makes up for it :lol:

Did you get the Beemer chipped then Gord?

You know what I am right up for that old boy :D Lets see if 1.6 bar of 600 horses strapped onto a luxo barge really is fast enough to keep a pure breed sport car at bay :D I am off to donington on the 27th of feb to see how the car fairs at 1.2 bar (car is running a jap map on a hks fcon at the mo so I wont take it above that power which is circa 500 ish I think). Personally I think its the brakes will need money spending before the engine needs more power. When the brakes are sorted perhaps the suspension will need a little work to carry the engines power around corners. I could just ascribe to an old muckers way of thinking-----Make the car so fast in a straight line that I have enough time to get out and push it round each corner and still win :D :D

May I film the event and put it on youtube for the world to see?

ofcourse maneesh,it would be funny.I am no doubt expecting the m3 to let me down or vice-versa,cos ive seen alot of cars knob em,its partly down to bad driving or traction(lack of)but mainly the driving i think.the car isnt very torquey as you know,and it could be its let down,but i feel fairly confident that to top end speeds(private road ofcourse that the m3 can devour most things as its there where it shines imho).m3 drivers are too used to people being scared of em,cos of the quad pipes and its this rep which makes em dispicable in the eyes of keane jap car drivers,who know their vehicles and are often pushin good figures themselves, more than m3s in alot of cases,but somehow i still find,scoobies and evos seem to give em respect and dont often get into much conflict(thankfully :whistling: ).I have a mate with a 420hp evo,who can make my m3 drive ten times better than i can,and all i can do in his car is stall it,and this is what i mean by driving ability,somehow he can drive into corners over 20mph faster than i can,its down to a few things,but mostly natural driving ability :angry: (****).i suppose thats why i like my auto supercharged IS,its simplicity at its best,4 gears,whack on the power and its gone.In the M3 there is alot more thought required,its smg,so a successful launch control technique is an option,but it can easily be buggered up,ive tried it three times and only pulled it off once :duh: .another thing is an m3 isnt a very impressive machine under 4000rpm,if you ask anyone that owns one,they all complain of hesitation below 3000ish(maybe its an excuse?)anyway my point is there are loads of japanese and other cars out there faster than the M range,but i think they get their respect, not from incredible horse power figures,but from their all rounder point of view as some members mentioned earlier.i cant help feeling like i want an rs4/6 now,as they have started givin me the horn recently,or the new f range from lex,although i want 2nd hand and they wont be till 2008 odd.@anees,ive played about with one or two of these m-sport diesels and they sure do fair well.apparently the e46 m3 and the new 3 series coupe 335i,they say they are almost equally matched.im definetely gonna supercharge mine as i now feel inadequate :crybaby:

Yeah That. If I hadn't bought this aristo it was audi S6 estate time for me and let the tuning begin :D The RS4's are begining to get affordable but I've always thought the most affordable of a car is best steering clear of as it will prove more expensive in the long run. Also I agree with your main point and sort of said the same myself, when you get into these power bands its all down to how good the driver is, the stig in a bmw 335 would hand me my ***** on a platter even if I had a sodding ferrari :D Its mostly to do with confidence, which itself stems from ability that is practiced.

I wasn't trying to be cocky either I genuinely would like to see the results of an overpowered luxo barge like mine pitched against a Z4M roadster on a track. There is a 355 berlinetta at Donington on the day I go so hey I'll get a bit of an idea there.

Off topic a little, When did you get the Beemer Gord?

there's not alot of difference with many cars, 0-60's, BHP and torque are great as guaging how quick a car is but like everyone knows, this is the real world and how many straight 60mph roads are there traffic lights on? does a diesel with eg 250 NM beat a farrari with 200nm? does a diesel of 200bhp beat a petroll of 170BHP? it's all between 40mph and 80mph+ and most cars are farely evenly matched at these speeds. some do corner better than others but again it's all about the driver and how mad or gutsy they are or how well they know their car or that peice of road. my friend has got a golf GTI turbo and everyone can't be bothered to get him to drive because he drives like miss daisy's chaufour! he keeps going on about his 0-60 what good does that do if you don't want to use it's power?

have fun, I know you will because it's always worth a go and I'd love to do it just for giggles. I'd put my money on any of you because it's just down to the day. or go go karting because thats loads of leagal fun!? :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links