Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How good is everyone’s Central Locking Remote.

I just had my Battery changed but the range is really poor and temperamental. I can press lock pointing straight at the car and nothing happens, and other times i can lock it from my pocket.

Any ideas on how to improve this??

cheers

How good is everyone’s Central Locking Remote.

I just had my battery changed but the range is really poor and temperamental. I can press lock pointing straight at the car and nothing happens, and other times i can lock it from my pocket.

Any ideas on how to improve this??

cheers

I'm afraid this is how they are... even mentions in the handbook about holding the fob close to the car - about 2 ft distance if I recall :blush:

Yeah mine is crap too, sometimes I get a great range and othertimes have to be stood next to the car.

Guess there's a lot more interference nowadays which doesn't exactly help these things - always found it helps for range if you hold the key to your head and press it then :D

Yeah mine is crap too, sometimes I get a great range and othertimes have to be stood next to the car.

Guess there's a lot more interference nowadays which doesn't exactly help these things - always found it helps for range if you hold the key to your head and press it then :D

I have noticed this before..... Why though?

Just about to place an order to trade in my RX300 for a GS300LE

It will be my third Lexus. Originally had an IS200SE.

I have also bought a Toyota Corolla Verso for my wife from our local dealer all through the same salesman. Bet he rates me as a good customer.

I am normally a lurker on here rather than a poster.

Having read this post I have been interested in where it does and doesn't work. The only thing I can find with mine is that if approaching the car from the passenger side the key works far better!

Can be caused by static in keyfob. Follow same method of removing screw in fob,splitting fob and press both buttons for 10/20 seconds while standing by car.Lexus gave me this tip and it also works when locks will not open from remote.Apparently holding both buttons in together whilst not connected to fob Battery discharges the static buildup.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links