Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Insurance Costs?

First off, sorry if this is the wrong forum or if this has been asked before. I did a search and didn't find anything.

I'm interested in replies from owners of IS200 or IS300 turbocharged or supercharged cars - if you don't mind telling me (well, all of us) how much this has changed your insurance costs.

Assuming you've declared this change to your insurers, could you please post the following details if you'd be so good:

• IS200/IS300
  • Turbo/Supercharged
  • Your insurance company's name
  • How much insurance was before you declared this change
  • How much insurance went up to

Also, (optionally):

• Your age
  • Your no claims bonus
  • Any other mods to the car you've declared

I think this would be really useful information. Certainly for me it will, and I hope for other people as well.

My thanks in advance! :)

Al,

On the IS200 I was paying around 550 a year standard, that went up to 1000 mark with SC, induction, alloys, bodykit, twin exhausts etc, now I'm paying 800 for the twin turbo Aristo, with bleed valve, sports filter and uprated exhausts.

I'm 28 with full NCB (touches wood!)

I was paying around the £800 mark with direct line for a Supercharged IS 200. Then changed to Adrian Flux for a turbo'd IS 200 was paying around the £700.

I'm still with Adrian Flux and now paying over £1000 :o so I'm going to give A Plan a ring and see what they have to offer because I feel Adrian Flux are now quite expensive.

29 yrs old Full no claims, 3 points on license

Mods are too many to list but click on my sig below for an idea. I've also pretty much delared everything too

I feel Adrian Flux are now quite expensive.

Thats because when they first started up they wanted to aim at young drivers with modified cars, now they are having that many claims that they have had to raise there prices to cover the cost, and they have raised them a lot.

34 at the time had no NC as well

i was paying 589.00 and then when my car was Turboed i went with Adrian Flux, and told them off all the mods as well. and they came back with 689.00 :D and then i had a big crash on the A2 they payed to get the car fixed 7K...............and when i went to renew my in,s they then wanted 1100 of me :sick:

I am not aware of UK laws on car mods. I understand you have to tell you insurance every mod you do to the car and each mod increase your insurance price. Do you have to tell the Ministry of Transport aswell ? Has it to be written on your car certificate ? :unsure:

I am not aware of UK laws on car mods. I understand you have to tell you insurance every mod you do to the car and each mod increase your insurance price. Do you have to tell the Ministry of Transport aswell ? Has it to be written on your car certificate ? :unsure:

No mate, you only have to tell the insurance all the mods.

As for the car certificate, or the V5 as it's known in the UK, you only have to update that if you change the colour of the car or dramatically modify the car, ie change the number of doors or wheels!

They're not interested in things like modifications, it's a lot easier when you're over here mate, don't have to worry about TUV or anything like that :winky:

No mate, you only have to tell the insurance all the mods.

As for the car certificate, or the V5 as it's known in the UK, you only have to update that if you change the colour of the car or dramatically modify the car, ie change the number of doors or wheels!

They're not interested in things like modifications, it's a lot easier when you're over here mate, don't have to worry about TUV or anything like that :winky:

thanks Aido :) Indeed, it makes it much easier to modify cars. Unfortunately as I have a foreign driving license it will make my insurance very expensive :(

going a bit off topic from the original post but I will have a UK license and as far as I know, there is no insurance that will consider that I have been driving for 9 years to quote the premium :( as I have not been a registered driver in the UK before

Going a bit off topic now, but thanks for peoples posts on insurance prices so far.

To fill you all in, I've not got a car at the moment. I had a Supra and wrote it off 18 months ago and have been without a car since. I had 3 years NCB which is now down to 1, but my insurer said they'll honor it when I reinsure.

I was with Elephant because I've never found anyone as cheap as them. When I looked for insurance on a Supra (when I was 23) I had quotes from £1200 to £2500, but Elephant trumped the lot with £700.

Now I'm 26 with 1 year NCB I'm interested to see from you guys how much the turbocharging or supercharging an NA car adds to your insurance. Interesting numbers though - thanks everyone for your input so far!

I was going to go the SC route but and didnt mind the 150 more on the insurance quote.......i dod however get a bit miffed with the quote upping my Excess from 100 to 350.

So i didnt bother.

would be cheaper to insure a 300.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links