Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Changing The Diff

CIJ

Evening everyone,

Im lookin into changing the is200s diff for the sport one as mine seems to have a very bad whinning coming from it! What i wanna know is it possible, if so what work is involved to change them over??

How much do you think i'll be lookin at to do the job.... or is there anychance of doing it myself??

Cheers Chris

Ive just had a quote from a breakers for the sport rear diff, of £150 from a car thats done 111000miles, does this sound about right?? They are removing it from the car, but not fitting it to mine :duh:

Cheers Chris

i know that they do whine from time to time,especially driving start and stop in traffic,but it may be goners.How about an aftermarket kaaz one,i beleive that it wont be too different from the one you have already,but perhaps a stronger peice of kit?

yeah the kaaz one is £500,you may be better off getting the used one,as people complain of alot of noise from the kaaz one,and i cant remember any noises coming from the one attatched to the factory fitted sport.The lsd in the sport works well,when pushing hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mates

Im new one here so lots of stupid questions, and bad english may follow :)

I think the diff's r same but havent got true facts about that.

At least Prolex offers used lsd's for 150£, i might be considering one too unless u guys have something better thoughts ?

Welcome to LOC, the Diffs from the Limited Edition is just the normal and not a LSD, i know this now cos i bought one!! As for the one Prolex are selling it is the same diff that comes outta the Sport model, if you've got the cash it maybe better to buy one of the Kaas ones??

As for the one Prolex are selling it is the same diff that comes outta the Sport model, if you've got the cash it maybe better to buy one of the Kaas ones??

I have to get back to this.

So u mean that better buy Kaaz one, but i didnt understand is there something bad about the one in Sport models, what prolex sells....

Isnt that LSD, and pretty good compared to its price !?

Prolex used LSD

Sorry about my bad understanding...

Nothing wrong with the Sports one mate, I was just saying if you have the money and have any future modification plans for the car then ive heard the Kaas one is good also!

I heard the KAAZ is very noisey.... wouldn't go well with nice quite and refined IS200's, whereas Altezzas are noisey by nature.... :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links