Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is-f & Lf-a

Tango

Paid a visit to the Houston Auto show on Monday night (had free tickets), and both the IS-F and the sports concept LF-A was there. Unfortunately both of them were on rotating turntables and it was a bit difficult taking decent piccies with my camera phone, but I'll post a few.

Unfortunately the Audi RS4 was also there and I had trouble keeping my allegiance to Lexus, as it's a stunning car. In contrast the IS-F in the flesh just looks like a modified IS350/250, and not a very well thought out one at that. The IS-F exhaust outlets look like an afterthought, the wing vents just look like add-ons, the interior trim is naff and the more bulbous bonnet just looks odd....and after due consideration I don't like that colour either.

dsc00018sh1.th.jpgGot the presenter to open the bonnet, but not a lot to see.

dsc00019gs3.th.jpg..most have seen this view

The RS4 is a little more subtle, looks better put together and has really nice touches like the carbon fibre interior trim and the matching engine trim under the hood (sorry bonnet).

The LF-A..well IMHO is sensational, and looks really unique. Lots of small design aspects that you don't really notice untill you start to look at the detail after appreciating the total look. I couldn't get close enough to check whether it has a drive train or even an engine, but the huge carbon fibre cross drilled disks on both front and back and the eight pot calipers on the front gives some hint it may have enough power to require that kind of stopping. :D

dsc00023yl6.jpgdsc00011vm2.th.jpgdsc00009mo3.th.jpgdsc00021zl8.th.jpgdsc00022me9.th.jpg

awesome Tango,its ashame bout the IS-F,I kinda see what you mean in that respect,do you feel its been thrown together to get something out in time to compete with the rs4/M3 of late?much interest taken in it?Yep have to agree that LFA looks amazing.

Totally agree about the LF-A, this updated version is even more stunning than the original (despite the hints of Aston here and there :whistling: )

I think I need to reserve judgement on the IS-F until I see it in the flesh now, as I still like it. I agree the audi might look a bit better, because I still think those side vents look odd. Although the IS-F has white carbon fibre trim too, never been a fan of CF whichever colour its in so its a shame you probably won't be able to pick something else as you could in the Audi (I think a piano black trim might work better :winky: )

I'm not too sure about the IS-F looking like a modified IS, but the RS4 not looking like a modified A4.......I don't really think the RS4 looks different enough to an A4 with the S-line bodykit :unsure:

Cheers for the pics, was there anything else interesting at the show?

Dont agree with everything you say. I think the IS-F is stunning! The so called things as an after thought...the Quad exhausts looks great. Guess its everyones opinion though :D

The Lf-a has been stunning from the first picture I saw of it....its only had small changes but just keeps getting nicer :D

I actually preferred the original version of the LF-A.

To me it seems like the second generation design is over designed, and swoops and curves are just put in there to compensate for the original criticism of it not being "hugo boss" enough.

Having said that, I do also love the new one.

Most of my problems with it are to do with those big curves on the front bumper.

Are they still saying it's concept only, or are they finalising for production?

I've heard that it's doing the rounds at the 'ring a bit more than concept car might.

Definitely see what you mean about the undercarriage of the IS-F, too!

G

is it me or are the zorsts in shots 2 and 3 completely different? :unsure:

That'll teach me to rush things...that was a shot of a 350 prototype exhaust system, ommitting the cats. It's a new phone and haven't got the hang of having to save after review so lost the similar shot of the IS-F, and unfortunately the ones I took of the RS4 rear, underbonnet and front/side views. :blush:

Have video of the IS-F and LS-A, but how do you host ?

Cheers for the pics, was there anything else interesting at the show?

Quite a bit if you like American muscle...Shelby and Saleen Mustangs, modified Camaro's and the current Corvette and the new retro version. Three very nice Lambo's, but again I failed to save the shots except for one which I've posted on WIM to get Tony excited. Also posted on WIM a pic of the Saleen supercar that was also on the Lambo stand, the one seen with Jim Carey on Bruce Almighty?

Stick it on a web server which will either host it inside a page, or allow people to access it directly.

In either case compression, chunking and server languages need to be off.

Content type must be correct, too, for many browsers.

How big is it?

You might want to re-encode it, since the standard video taken from cameras and phones somtimes amounts to a colossal size.

Depending on size I might be happy to host it.

G

Stick it on a web server which will either host it inside a page, or allow people to access it directly.

In either case compression, chunking and server languages need to be off.

Content type must be correct, too, for many browsers.

How big is it?

You might want to re-encode it, since the standard video taken from cameras and phones somtimes amounts to a colossal size.

Depending on size I might be happy to host it.

G

They're both under 1,300 KB :)

I’ve looked at the IS-F and I have to say it looks amazing.

Compared with new Audi RS4 and BMW M3 I think it will have a more visual impact and for the better.

It looks like a monster, and the interior is IMO way better than the Audi, I especially like the F badges.

I think we’ll have to accept that Lexus are about to re-write the history books again!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links