Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about some official LOC support for the grievances against TDi here ? Especially since they used to be a LOC trader ?

I'm not suggesting/expecting the club to get involved in any way in any legal proceedings etc, but surely the club itself (not just some of its members) could show some sort of public support for the affected members ? If it was just one case then perhaps it could be imagined to be a one-off, but the number of people with cars that seem to have emerged from TDi messed-up just beggars belief.

I would hope that the club might be in some sort of position to try to persuade TDi to do the right thing here. Or failing that, at least show the victims that LOC is giving them their moral support.

Hi Dave did they fit the traction control ? Yet another thing that may have been incorrectly done or set up ?

Sounds like the list just goes on ! Im new to this and find it appauling .

Hi Lexlover001 , yes they did fit the racelogic traction control , but when it came to the wet there was no control , the car spun 540 and i ended up with the near side rear wheel hitting the kerb and damaging the wheel and knocking it under and in , so i had to go to WIM and see Tony Bones to have her set up and checked over .

With regards to the air box implodeing , Tdi mention on their Blog about the rotrax trying to suck the air filter in , sounds like they overcame that accorting to them ? or is this just more bs from them ? Sounds like you had the same issues as the others , What about your traction light does that come on ? Must be fun running out of feul !

Hi Lexlover001 , with regards to the air filter , at one point the air pressure was bending the K&N filter into a "S" shape so i made a fine grid to prevent this , at another point the recirculating air was piped back into the air box which was incerasing the tempreture and then the pipes blew off from the box and it was my sugestion to feed the air into the exhaust pipe . my traction light do'nt work at all so there is no indication as to when the racelogic or factory systems are on . with the racelogic "on" wet setting i managed to spin the car 540 degress which aint funny , so that dont work :tsktsk:

Hi Dave did they fit the traction control ? Yet another thing that may have been incorrectly done or set up ?

Hi Lexlover001 , yes they did fit the racelogic traction control , but when it came to the wet there was no control , the car spun 540 and i ended up with the near side rear wheel hitting the kerb and damaging the wheel and knocking it under and in , so i had to go to WIM and see Tony Bones to have her set up and checked over .

Dave,

I've personally installed the racelogic traction control system in my own car and it really is the mutts n***s when it works. Its kept me in check a lot.

But i've also personally looked at another Racelogic system that was installed by TDi and it was not set up correctly IMHO. In fact it was performing no better than the standard setup.

Unfortuantly the Racelogic doesnt have any visual sign of when its working but you should be able to feel the engine cuts as it does work. Thats if its set up correctly.

Are you at the Ace Cafe meet? i will have a look at it for you if you want? and maybe help suggest some improvements to get it working correctly/better. Do you have the digital or manual adjuster?

Sav

when the video's are up you can see the top of the air box flexing in a concave FACT

ok ill submit to your superior knowledge proof what ever u want to call it.

Edited by DJ Wozza
off topic comments

here is another thing - as tdi have made such a fantastic job so far...... what speed is the supercharger running at?? have they even bothered to work out if its still running within the max rpm limit???

its a fairly easy formula but u need time to work it out and measure the pullys.

With regards to the air box implodeing , Tdi mention on their Blog about the rotrax trying to suck the air filter in , sounds like they overcame that accorting to them ? or is this just more bs from them ? Sounds like you had the same issues as the others , What about your traction light does that come on ? Must be fun running out of feul !

Hi Lexlover001 , with regards to the air filter , at one point the air pressure was bending the K&N filter into a "S" shape so i made a fine grid to prevent this , at another point the recirculating air was piped back into the air box which was incerasing the tempreture and then the pipes blew off from the box and it was my sugestion to feed the air into the exhaust pipe . my traction light do'nt work at all so there is no indication as to when the racelogic or factory systems are on . with the racelogic "on" wet setting i managed to spin the car 540 degress which aint funny , so that dont work :tsktsk:

Dave,

I've personally installed the racelogic traction control system in my own car and it really is the mutts n***s when it works. Its kept me in check a lot.

But i've also personally looked at another Racelogic system that was installed by TDi and it was not set up correctly IMHO. In fact it was performing no better than the standard setup.

Unfortuantly the Racelogic doesnt have any visual sign of when its working but you should be able to feel the engine cuts as it does work. Thats if its set up correctly.

Are you at the Ace Cafe meet? i will have a look at it for you if you want? and maybe help suggest some improvements to get it working correctly/better. Do you have the digital or manual adjuster?

Sav

Hi Stav , the Ace Cafe meet sounds good to me , and any help is welcome , thanks , its the manual adjuster .

Dave,

Sav

Hi Stav , the Ace Cafe meet sounds good to me , and any help is welcome , thanks , its the manual adjuster .

Nice one mate, do you know where your Racelogic control box is by anychance?

Stav

Dave,

Sav

Nice one mate, do you know where your Racelogic control box is by anychance?

Stav

I will have a look .

Dave, have you spoken to Mark @Tdi, about all of this :question:

Hi Gord , i do'nt want to speak to Mark @Tdi , but if i do i will have someone with me :D

I can understand that Dave, Raj once told me, Mark was like a mate, but all the time he had his hand in my back pocket, i once said this to Mark, and he said, im not out to be anyones mate just run my business. take that how you will.

Just a little update , because my car was once an auto (i love auto's) it still had the auto diff which makes the manual g/box very short in the gears , so Wayne from SPC Horsham and Dave from Prolex-uk have came up with a special diff , i now have a torsen diff with a much better ratio , which means the gears are longer and i can go drifting , plus more miles per gallon , i am well happy :D

Just a little update , because my car was once an auto (i love auto's) it still had the auto diff which makes the manual g/box very short in the gears , so Wayne from SPC Horsham and Dave from Prolex-uk have came up with a special diff , i now have a torsen diff with a much better ratio , which means the gears are longer and i can go drifting , plus more miles per gallon , i am well happy :D

will that make your car slightly slower accleration wise,but then again it shouldnt be enough to notice and your mpg will be up

Nice one Dave :D Starting to sound like you have a new car mate :D

will that make your car slightly slower accleration wise,but then again it shouldnt be enough to notice and your mpg will be up

It will make my car quicker by staying in gear longer , with the old diff i could only get 10 mph in 1st gear at 5500 revs , so now she is correctly geared :D

Thanks Chris , its feels like a different car , definitely lots more smiles to the gallon :D

Thanks Chris , its feels like a different car , definitely lots more smiles to the gallon :D

Very good mate :D

So whats next on your list?? are you still thinking of the nitrous or have you enough power for the time being? :)

Well , before i took the car to SPC Horsham she was doing 220 miles per tank (70 liters) . I filled the tank up and drove her to SPC horsham , 76 miles , she went on the dyno and was road tested , drove home ,drove it a few days then drove back for the diff and drove home again , ran out of petrol , 310 miles :D , am doing another tank test and expect a higher figure . So now the cars running a dream all thanks to SPC Horsham , i've decided to put my name down for one of them stroker kits and cylinder head that SPC Horsham and Prolex-UK are developing , speaking to Dave from Prolex-UK and Wayne from SPC Horsham i understand that the stroker kit will include forged con rods and crank , uprated reduced compression pistons and an increase of between 200-300CC , and more torque and hp , the head will have a larger exhaust valve by 1mm , stronger valve springs , ported and gas flowed , the future's bright the future is SPC Horsham/ Prolex-UK :D , i can remember when i spoke to Bark Catchamole of totally disastrous instalations about the stroker kit for the beems engine and if it could be done to my engine and he said "no impossible" , i also asked about larger valves and he said "no room to enlarge".

Well , before i took the car to SPC Horsham she was doing 220 miles per tank (70 liters) . I filled the tank up and drove her to SPC horsham , 76 miles , she went on the dyno and was road tested , drove home ,drove it a few days then drove back for the diff and drove home again , ran out of petrol , 310 miles :D , am doing another tank test and expect a higher figure . So now the cars running a dream all thanks to SPC Horsham , i've decided to put my name down for one of them stroker kits and cylinder head that SPC Horsham and Prolex-UK are developing , speaking to Dave from Prolex-UK and Wayne from SPC Horsham i understand that the stroker kit will include forged con rods and crank , uprated reduced compression pistons and an increase of between 200-300CC , and more torque and hp , the head will have a larger exhaust valve by 1mm , stronger valve springs , ported and gas flowed , the future's bright the future is SPC Horsham/ Prolex-UK :D , i can remember when i spoke to Bark Catchamole about the stroker kit for the beems engine and if it could be done to my engine and he said "no impossible" , i also asked about larger valves and he said "no room to enlarge".

Sounds good, dave, what about all the stuff thats in your engine already ? havent you got forged items ?

Spoke to Wayne the other day on the phone, going to go up and see them on monday with a mate from college, so if anyones around i should be up there at 11-12 ish.

Well , before i took the car to SPC Horsham she was doing 220 miles per tank (70 liters) . I filled the tank up and drove her to SPC horsham , 76 miles , she went on the dyno and was road tested , drove home ,drove it a few days then drove back for the diff and drove home again , ran out of petrol , 310 miles :D , am doing another tank test and expect a higher figure . So now the cars running a dream all thanks to SPC Horsham , i've decided to put my name down for one of them stroker kits and cylinder head that SPC Horsham and Prolex-UK are developing , speaking to Dave from Prolex-UK and Wayne from SPC Horsham i understand that the stroker kit will include forged con rods and crank , uprated reduced compression pistons and an increase of between 200-300CC , and more torque and hp , the head will have a larger exhaust valve by 1mm , stronger valve springs , ported and gas flowed , the future's bright the future is SPC Horsham/ Prolex-UK :D , i can remember when i spoke to Bark Catchamole about the stroker kit for the beems engine and if it could be done to my engine and he said "no impossible" , i also asked about larger valves and he said "no room to enlarge".

Didnt he build one for Prolex in the old days?

Sounds good, dave, what about all the stuff thats in your engine already ? havent you got forged items ?

Spoke to Wayne the other day on the phone, going to go up and see them on monday with a mate from college, so if anyones around i should be up there at 11-12 ish.

Hi Ellz , yeah i dont need the rods or pistons (i hope).

Didnt he build one for Prolex in the old days?

Hi Stav , i'm not shure about that , speak to Dave , i think the racelogic is in the passenger foot well .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links