Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driver Talk

Came across this web-site, having seen it in the newspaper, and thought people would be interested, if you get half as aggravated on the roads as I do.

It's called www.drivertalk.co.uk and well, this is what they say;

"It allows you to send personal messages to other drivers, simply by knowing their Vehicle Registration Number!

In short, the site uses Vehicle Registration Numbers instead of e-mail addresses. Register your vehicle today, and see who wants to talk to you!

Be it a road hog, or someone you fancy, now you can send them a personal message, and say what you wanna say.

Can the other driver reply? Yes. Whether your message is anonymous or not, drivers can reply using the Driver Talk messaging system."

(Copied from their FAQs, but it pretty much sums up the site - hope they don't mind!).

:D Got to be worth joining though - that's completely free.

Then if you get a message, or some idiot annoys you in the future, you can become a full member and take out your annoyance on them, rather than the cat.

The other driver doesn't have to be a member when you send the message. If they join later, they'll get the message then. It says they keep messages for 5 years I think.

I talk to other drivers all the time for free. Either by sticking up my middle finger or showing them a w*nker sign :lol:

Yeah I used to do that too. But being able to yell at them in a message, has got to be worth a fiver hasn't it?! :huh:

One hand sign can be replaced with so many expletives, you wouldn't believe I could fit them all in to one message!!!

One guy came straight out of a junction yesterday, missing me by millimetres. I reckon he probably learned some words off me he didn't even know until today!!! :winky:

I talk to other drivers all the time for free. Either by sticking up my middle finger or showing them a w*nker sign :lol:

Yeah I used to do that too. But being able to yell at them in a message, has got to be worth a fiver hasn't it?! :huh:

One hand sign can be replaced with so many expletives, you wouldn't believe I could fit them all in to one message!!!

One guy came straight out of a junction yesterday, missing me by millimetres. I reckon he probably learned some words off me he didn't even know until today!!! :winky:

Hey if its that bad, believe me they can hear me shouting

I agree with aide.

Jut seems like a way to get money out of people and find out details about peoples cars.

You've lost me on that one :question:

They're not going to get far with a registration number are they?

That's the only information you have to give on registration if memory serves me right.

And I just looked at their privacy policy which states they don't share your details with nobody.

Also, there's no advertising on the site, so I guess that they can't afford to run it for free.

Imagine the number of servers they must have, to host a site of that kind of size!

I've been a member for several months now, and you don't get spammed, just messages from other drivers.

Perhaps I'm just not a cynical person :D

By the way, I know Lexus's aren't exactly economical (£5 can barely get me to the shops and back!).

Yet this £5 gets you 6 months of letting off steam, and potential pulling!!!

P.S. Told her what PaulT said about "thanks for the fiver" and she says £5 doesn't get you far these days!!!

P.P.S. Hope she doesn't see this post!!! :winky:

I can see some problems evolving from sending msg's too people explaining your displeasure of their driving!

There'll be people being chased around the roads and drivers spending hours looking for the number plate that slagged them off!!! :angry:

So i'd try not to annoy many people as the guy that cut you up may come back to cut you up :o

:( damn it, i didn't have any messages waiting for me :(

Obviously not annoying enough people you must try harder :lol:

i was hoping a few young ladies might have left me some messages :(

better start paying attention to those reg plates eh, lol.

Hey if its that bad, believe me they can hear me shouting

Hey! I bought my first LS400 in Northampton. I wondered what that loud noise was, Adie! While I was still getting acclimatised to it wandering around the sretts then! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links