Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Feint Led Rear Lights & Black Housing Headlights

I found this website of a company in Florida who make a variety of LED Rear lights and Black Housing Headlights. I am looking into the DEPO LED ones but thought these were nicer and with the exchange rate being as good as it is then it might be good time to take advantage. I have also heard the DEPO ones aren't too reliable, is that true? Does anyone have these on their IS and can comment on them? If I got in contact with the company and got a price would any of you guys be interested? I am trying to get in contact with them by phone but no luck so far. (work phone ;) ) Only thing which worries me is that they are called feint lighting (faint lighting!)

Let me know what you reckon. Personally I think the dark ones would look lovely on a Platinum Ice car.

Feint Lighting

They do a range of nice looking LED Rear lights and Black Housing Headlights as shown.

img_2443.jpg

img_2429.jpg

img_0636.jpg

img_2286.jpg

img_2125.jpg

blackdiamond.png

Do look nice, wish i had some spare cash :crybaby:

well they are $350ish dollars which as roughly £175, probably the same as DEPO with a group buy and a good exchange rate. Will let you know if I get in touch, if not I will email them over the weekend.

I'm pretty sure they are all the same ones. Black Diamond.

I might be interested in group buy for these, but bare in mind i think that they require that you ship your OEM headlights to them as an exchange.

yeah i saw that but I would imagine there was a way round this.

I didn't think they looked cheap tho, I thought they looked better qualituy than the DEPO ones. I may be wrong tho.

Can you post a link to them on My.is. I couldn't see them.

Eh... Feint Lighting is under some financial crisis, so now you can only buy from them if you go to their workshop. From its website:

Official Notice from Feint Lighting Inc.

As of 4/11/07 Feint Lighting Inc. is discontinuing its LED Tail Light services by mail. LED Tail Lights can still be bought and ordered, but the production and install must be done at Feint Lighting's facilities. All current owners of Feint Lighting Tail Lights still have their limited lifetime warranty, and any previous orders will be taken care of. We are sorry if this caused any inconvenience, but at this time we feel it is not wise for the company to further the sales of LED tail lights. Thanks for your time.

Consider MMSport as a good alternative, their products look pretty good too.

Eh... Feint Lighting is under some financial crisis, so now you can only buy from them if you go to their workshop. From its website:
Official Notice from Feint Lighting Inc.

As of 4/11/07 Feint Lighting Inc. is discontinuing its LED Tail Light services by mail. LED Tail Lights can still be bought and ordered, but the production and install must be done at Feint Lighting's facilities. All current owners of Feint Lighting Tail Lights still have their limited lifetime warranty, and any previous orders will be taken care of. We are sorry if this caused any inconvenience, but at this time we feel it is not wise for the company to further the sales of LED tail lights. Thanks for your time.

Consider MMSport as a good alternative, their products look pretty good too.

According to that they discontinuing them from 4/11/07 so still some time if you want them :winky:

Got plenty of the genuine DEPO ones in stock..................

I just don't think the DEPO ones are quite as nice as the mmsport ones. I have also heard that they are not too reliable. I'll have to think about it. :)

• 1 month later...

I tried contacting MMSport at their linked email address email @ mmsport.s5.com to tell them that their $350 package link was broken (you got a $99 item in the paypal shopping cart) and ask if they would ship to europe.

I did not get a response.

On the 6th (3 weeks later) I looked again and noticed that the written email address and the one actually linked did not match. I therefore forwarded my old email to the four written/linked email addresses (except Brandon).

Today (the 12th) I recieved a response:

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:43:23 -0500

To: <yonzie at gmail.com>

Subject: Re: Fwd: Buying from your web page

Hello,

Thank you for bringing the broken link to our attention. It has been fixed.

If you are interested in ordering, please be aware that there is about a 3-4 week back order due to recent popularity of our newly released design. You may pay at any time, and I will keep you posted on progress, but I just wanted to make you aware of the current processing time.

Thank you and regards,

Nick

Design Engineer

MMSport

www.mmsportonline.com

Their email addresses continue to be listed as @mmsportonline.com but link to @mmsport.s5.com, but at least the paypal link has been fixed. I guess they might well be somewhat techno-clueless. Their site is made with FrontPage but the email client is Thunderbird...

It worries me slightly that they take almost a full week to reply (not to mention that I mailed the correct domain the first time around but never got a response), but I'll probably get the kit anyway. I am after all studying to become an Electrical Engineer so I should easily be able to fix it even if the product is crap.

They do not write an address on their page but the domain is registered to Nick above, and the address is in Illinois (fits the email time zone). However, It's apparently a home-run business... Google Maps

I spoke to the guy, Nick i think his name is and he is saying he cannot supply the modules straight away as he has order backed up, which given my current situation is ok.

However he has studiously ignored my request to kinow if the lights are legal in the uk. If he could send my some photometric test results I could tell him whether they were legal or not.

Getting a bit nervous about this now, but we'll see what happens.

I can't believe there aren't any other suppliers of LED lighting out there tbh.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links