Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking Into Hid

What time of bulb do i need for the High beam. i have a spare set of ballasts but need the bulbs for the high beam. :S

You need the 9005 bulbs for your high beam mate and 9006 for the dip... :)

If you are getting these from eBay make sure you are clear on which ones you want as me and rogue went to fit his Hids tonight and the guy had sent him full beam ones instead of the dipped ones he had ordered

Ive ordered some now

decided to go for the 4300K instead for better lighting these were what I got

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I also ordered from power bulbs

2 lots of blue vision 4000K one 9005 set for the high beam and one h1 set for the fogs hopefully as well i should be the matching blue vision w5w sidelight bulbs foc too which will fully set me up lighting wise

Think you might need the 9006 set for your fogs mate if i remember rightly and not the H1's???

Mines a 2005 model with the new fog lights hence the h1's

They have arrived already the kit seems pretty solid but im at work atm so havnt had chance to try them might give them a go at dinner and see what they are like

Installed them at dinner and wow.

These are great solid construction only grip with them was that the connection to the cars loom wasnt a one way only connection but for the money and the great shipping service these are great will get some pics up later when Ive got my camara to hand

Hi,

Dont waste your money making the dipped lights HID u hardly use them, plus when u flash people it wnt start up within that second plus its no good for the hid system.

do the fogs lights hid, it will look hot.

for the side lights, get a set of LED white bulbs. does the trick for me

Well i got to disagree with you my friend.Firstly do you have dipped Hids?I'm not being cheeky but it does not sound like the words from someone who has them or have had them

I have the dipped ones and these are great for seeing in the dark compared to oem ones.

Im not really that bothered about when i flash to people but when you flash,the dipped HiDs actually flash for a millisecond which i believe would overpower the full beam flash anyway.

I have heard on the forum with Full beam Hids that they are so bright that road signs will only blind you and so not a very good option.

As for the foglights i do think they would look good also butin fog i have heard they are actually hopeless.

What does the rest of the guys think that are using HiDs?Please comment.

What time of bulb do i need for the High beam. i have a spare set of ballasts but need the bulbs for the high beam. :S

You need the 9005 bulbs for your high beam mate and 9006 for the dip... :)

If you are getting these from eBay make sure you are clear on which ones you want as me and rogue went to fit his Hids tonight and the guy had sent him full beam ones instead of the dipped ones he had ordered

Lol ive been down that road already.. i have two sets of ballasts and 3 sets of 9006 bulbs. I want to make use of the spare set of ballast. So the 9005 is for the main beam.. the ones you flash people with? also what type of bullb is the fog lights, the ones in the bumper?

Cheers

So the 9005 is for the main beam.. the ones you flash people with? also what type of bullb is the fog lights, the ones in the bumper?

Cheers

9005 high beam, 9006 low/dipped beam ,and it depends on the year of your car for the fog lights as the older cars like my 2000 model use 9006 in the fogs and the newer cars use H1 bulbs but not sure what year they changed them..... :unsure: :)

going by the look of Rogues kit that they sent him, am i right in thinking that the full beam wiring loom you get, piggy backs onto the dipped loom?If this is the case can you even add full beam HiDs without first installing dipped onees first?

stuie n boddamloon can u guys put pics of ur is's with the hids swithced on? thx

Il get pics up once ive got some sorted check back later tonight or tommorow mate

Hi,

Dont waste your money making the dipped lights HID u hardly use them, plus when u flash people it wnt start up within that second plus its no good for the hid system.

do the fogs lights hid, it will look hot.

for the side lights, get a set of led white bulbs. does the trick for me

You dont use your dipped lights more than your main beams?

what lights do you use at night then? Your not one of those :tsktsk: that drives around with sidelights and fogs on are you?

Chaps,

i bought a set off ebay, rebranded phillips ones, and the strangest thing happens...

When i turn on the lights, HID beams, my mirrors fold in and after a second they open up again, it does this even when the car is moving, so if i flash someone the mirrors fold in and then out again, really dangerous as i usually flash for somoeone to pull out, anyone else had this problem? i have the mirror folding circuit fitted to my car so when i activate the alarm the mirrors fold in, when i am stationary and i do it with the door open it seems the car wants to lock, but while driving dont hear this, thats why i mentioned the circuit...any ideas please as the HID kit is brilliant but the mirror thing is freaking me out.....Geoffers....

I have just bought the same kit as you have from ebay yesterday evening for my GS300. Glad to hear the kit is good but as I don't have electric folding mirrors, I am hoping I should be OK. Has it caused any other problems with your car, ie, wiper motor, ecu problems?

Fitted the power blues today as the arrived and im not impressed. for the advertised 4000K colour compared to my 4300K hids they still look orange

heres a pic

Havnt done the fogs yet but as you can see there not great

24052007002Small.jpg

Chaps,

I have just bought the same kit as you have from ebay yesterday evening for my GS300. Glad to hear the kit is good but as I don't have electric folding mirrors, I am hoping I should be OK. Has it caused any other problems with your car, ie, wiper motor, ecu problems?

No other problems with mine, they work perfect, but still have the mirror problem, is it safe wiring the positive feed direct to the Battery? would a fuse in the line make it safe? i have a feeling when i turn them on they trigger the mirror folding circuit and close and then re-open for some strange reason, as no one else has replied stating thiers does the same....whenever i flash someone this happens, really getting on my nerves now!!!

Mine is not wired like yours aztecbandit1, my kit did not have the relay for the connection to the Battery, this could be why? how much did you pay for the kit? mine was £95 and i did not recieve the additional power as it stated it would work on an is20 and was ecu friendly...

i hope it is not doing any damage....anyone know how i would wire up direct i.e what relay to use, the wire looks pretty simple to make from the picture, i could maybe do it myself?

this is the wiring diagram for mine mate? never had any probs with mine as there wired straight from the battery with a pre made wiring harness which was supplied with the kit?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links