Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does the klasse SG make a lot of a difference on the final outcome considering the AIO is a sealant already?

AIO is a Cleaner, Polish and sealant glaze all in one. So each time you put it on, it takes off everything else previously applied (i.e. the cleaner element of it). It's great for a nearly new car, where real "compound" rubbing is not required - as AIO is all chemical based - it is not abrasive.

The benefit of applying SG is that you can layer it on. My tip would be to do this

- AIO one coat, then let cure for 45 minutes, and buff off using microfibres (these are great for polishing, drying and buffing. I even use them instead of a Chamois nowadays). Then leave for 24 hours (preferably in garage). This lets the glaze harden fully.

Then apply one very thin coat of SG (very thin....!), and let cure. Then remove this by buffing with a cotton/Microfibre cloth.

Then leave again for 24 hours, and repeat 3-5 times.

Then...apply Carnauba wax (P21s), buff off with a MF cloth, leave 24 hours, and do the same again. Ideally 3 or so coats. It can take a week or so to this (I can count) but the result is awesome. A deep wet shine...

I did mine over 20 months ago, and water still just beads and beads...even when I wash the car, the shampoo still beads up. It really really works wonders and is much better than Supagard or Diamond bright. That's my experience. And DIY means you know it's done properly.

PS - people swear by Maquires etc, but there really isn't that much difference in performance between the top brands. My experience of Carlack68/Klasse (systematic care) and P21s leads me not to want to use anything else. This stuff is awesome value for money. Check out www.carsparkle.co.uk - an excellent UK based website, or www.autopia.org (american site - which people on here use - they have really good detailing advice on there too).

Mod it, that's what i say. Be different. I am forever buying bits for mine. Ordered a brand new IS250 SE-L and had extras fitted at birth. I like to see the sky / have a slight breeze so i opted for the electric slide and tilt sunroof. Front and rear tints. Rear spoiler. Adaptive cruise control. (Expensive) Just put 18" Lexus chrome wheels with new tyres, centre caps, wheel nuts etc. Chrome strip on boot. Just ordered colour coded mudguards too.

Chandru, has your's got the wood (plastic) interior?

Have included a few pics. Ignore next doors Ferrari F50. Couldn't be bothered to move mine off drive.

post-8693-1203418209.jpg

post-8693-1203418274.jpg

post-8693-1203418346.jpg

Looks much better with the 18s on, nice one! :winky:

@neal: those alloys (from the mk1 IS) actually suit the mk2 quite well, only thing I would say is that the rears don't look wide enough at all.......is it just the photos or are they actually that far inside the car?

Well spotted. I didn't actually notice that. I always change the wheels on my Lexus. Have previously owned an IS200, IS300, LS430 old and new shape. Changed wheels on all of them.

The wheels that were on them were the 17" Lexus ones not the Baransu ones. If they were i may have left them on. Having said that chromes are a different kettle of fish and have had a set before on my IS300.

Regarding the rears, pass mate! They don't look inset when your looking at them in person. Ride quality is totally different compared to previously. Have Goodyear eagle F1 225/45/18 on them too.

The wheels are actually an IS200 accessory. They are grand prix chrome Lexus wheels. You have to buy centre caps and wheel nuts / locking nuts all seperately.

Going to sell the old wheels on Fleabay. Having said that they are new with not even a tar spot let alone a scratch or kerb mark as i took them straight off the car.

No didn't mix tyres as i couldn't really due to the wheels being the same. If wheels were different then i would have opted for 225/40/18 on front and 255/40/18 on rear.

Do you think i could get away with using spacers on the rear? You've got me going now!

Sorry mate, don't get me wrong, I really like the alloys, just from the pic it looks like the rears are at about 1-2 inches inside the body of the car - if it looks fine in the flesh, don't worry about it!

I don't know much about this stuff, but I'm sure a spacer would be fine as long as you don't use something too large........

Do you think i could get away with using spacers on the rear? You've got me going now!

Sorry mate, don't get me wrong, I really like the alloys, just from the pic it looks like the rears are at about 1-2 inches inside the body of the car - if it looks fine in the flesh, don't worry about it!

I don't know much about this stuff, but I'm sure a spacer would be fine as long as you don't use something too large........

Any advice is welcome, whether professional or simply comments. It does look ok in the flesh as you put it but i am not an expert either. I just ordered them then supplied the tyres and fitted them 1 by 1 as i didn't want anyone marking them. I will take a close up picture in the morning and post it. Your opinion and advice is welcome and VERY much appreciated.

This goes for anyone else too.

THANKS people...

Why thank you, sir!

You're welcome!

Ps: Where did you get your tints from, they look good also, and what level of tint is that? Also can you give me an idea on costs?

Thanks. Tints were already on the car mate.

Neal....my 250 was one of the earliest and came with same width wheels all round, but they were fitted with staggered width tyres i.e. wider on the rear. (245 rears 225 fronts). I queried the rim widths with the dealer as the later models, including yours, have 8J on the front and 8.5J with different width tyres. The dealer says my VIN number checks out as one of the early models with the same width rims all round.

The original design spec. for the 250 requires wider tyres on the rear....there's a reason for it (I asked Tony @WIM why but forgot what he told me) :blush: .

Interesting tango. Bit late now but i hope the rear wears even or i don't do any damage due to rear wheel drive. I took the vehicle to Lexus and they put it on there inspection ramp and gave it the thumbs up and commented that the warranty remained intact.

I may take it for tracking as i haven't as yet. Question is as they are digital laser tracking what information do i give? I have put 32 psi all round and know that that is wrong, but as you all know when you start messing around with things of this nature you alter other things too.

I may just buy a couple of 5mm spacers for the rear. Forgot to take a close up pic today so will once again say im going to do it tomorrow. Advice, Criticism, comments welcome.

Got to drive to Scotland in a couple of weeks then back to Derby then off to Gatwick airport. If i feel uncomfortable with the running conditions then i will put the originals back on and sort it on my return. Nothing worse than the fear of putting your foot down while your driving. Car cost me a bomb and last thing i would want to do was prang it or more importantly injure someone else.

nice car neal. wat color is it? nott 100% sure butlooks gold? surprising dealer did the tints...then again never asked mine :) but think it would look good on the gold color i've got too. the mudflaps r they genuine oem lexus ones? afaik they only come in black for the new gen is? remember asking my local lex dealer??

Its Argento Ice Chandru.

Dealers will do anything for £££. I have a very good rapor with my dealer and know most of the staff personally. Paid £50 for mudflaps and took delivery of them yersterday. All fixings and instructions included. Not fitted as yet but will be by weekend. Have placed one up against arch and they look great. The actually look more of a mod than an actual mudflap.

They play an important part lets not forget.

Mudflaps are from a company but also come sprayed by them in the colour code of your car. I have the Lexus black plastic ones but didn't want to pay Lexus to spray them, plus i only have two.

The advert stated argento ice mudflaps and not silver so i purchased them. They are a perfect fit and have several numbers and information stampted on them. If you want any information regarding the mudflaps i don't mind giving it to you.

Will post pic once installed. Your colour is nice mate. Only colours i don't like are white & black. No offence to anyone owning these colours its just that i have previously owned them and black looks good when you've just washed and waxed it and white shows up all the *******.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links