Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The alarm on my GS goes off occasionally in the middle of the night for no apparant reason. I assume that it is not a local villain or cat or both.

Anyone else experienced this or got any ideas?

Guess you either have a fault or an Incey Wincey type character living in total luxury somewhere. Check for cobwebs in the mornings in places you wouldn't normally look like between the rear seat and rear window. If its a big spider and it wont leave then I guess you just give him the keys. :D

Any chance of popping the bonnet open next time it goes off and locating where the siren/hooter (or whatever it is that's supposed to sound on mine, but doesn't) is??!!

Assistance on this front would be much appreciated.

Steve J.

You can have the sensitivity of the interior sensor turned down on a GS. We have done a number of these to cure this problem. The other simple one is to ensure you are using the parking brake as the car can move slightly in just "Park" causing the alarm to go of if it is windy. If you follow Chris's advice and these two points and still have no joy you may have a fault.

I rememember that the sensor for the IS200 was in the passenger compartment light fitting and could be activated by banging the roof of the car. Could be a cat sitting on the roof.

• 2 years later...
any keys or loose change in the car ? that sets em off

what makes you think that the keys or metal things can set the alarm off , and does anyone know how much of a job it is to have the sensitivity turned down on the is 200 a :tsktsk: larm :yack:

Take any keys or metal objects out of the centre console cause it triggers the radar sensor

i have had alarm on my is 200 going off when it wants ive not thought that the keys etc could do this . how did you discover it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links