Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work there Gord.

What you reckon it will be after fuelling?

How bad does it run without the fuelling sorted?

Is it just hitting the fuel cut or something?

Stav

It dont drive that bad really, but you can tell it wanting the fueling sorting.

Dont know about bhp, was expecting it to give more boost than it has done with the bigger pulley.

Will know more when fueling and ecu are sorted, with r/road print out. but i would say 250/260bhp

Good good,

Hows the work on the spare engine going?

On with a smaller Charger pulley then?

Stav

Im changing jobs soon, so i will have some time off, to do the engine, but now i know that the boost is, its not to bad to keep the engine in for longer, do all the c/head work on the other, stronger bottom end, then swap them about, we can just play with this engine for now, we do have bigger pulley 170mm but we will have to do some other work to make it fit, but having more than one engine + parts it make life that bit more simple, until today we didn;t know what sort of boost we had, it really has opened another door for you lot wanting more boost, at low costs.

Good good,

Hows the work on the spare engine going?

On with a smaller Charger pulley then?

Stav

Im changing jobs soon, so i will have some time off, to do the engine, but now i know that the boost is, its not to bad to keep the engine in for longer, do all the c/head work on the other, stronger bottom end, then swap them about, we can just play with this engine for now, we do have bigger pulley 170mm but we will have to do some other work to make it fit, but having more than one engine + parts it make life that bit more simple, until today we didn;t know what sort of boost we had, it really has opened another door for you lot wanting more boost, at low costs.

Like myself, ;)

Need to get my head around all the fueling first.

Are you still running standard injectors at the mo? To sort the fuelling have you got a full Ecu or something else?

Pm if you want.

Stav

you can get the fuel line upgrade ...bigger pump etc which works OK without the need for a ECU

I have several in stock.

uprated injectors need the piggy back ecu to control them

On pricing the fuel line upgrade is cheaper but you are on the limit of the OEM injectors.

If you are happy with .55 bar then that will do.............if you are en route to uprated internals then you will need it & the injectors anyway..............

be careful when changing pulley sizes as you might exceed the supercharger max RPM which is 14,000.

if someone can measure the pulley sizes that the drive belts go thru then i can tell u the rpm - will take a bit as the details for that are at home

be careful when changing pulley sizes as you might exceed the supercharger max RPM which is 14,000.

if someone can measure the pulley sizes that the drive belts go thru then i can tell u the rpm - will take a bit as the details for that are at home

rob...would that be more likely making the top one smaller ?

you can get the fuel line upgrade ...bigger pump etc which works OK without the need for a ECU

I have several in stock.

uprated injectors need the piggy back ecu to control them

On pricing the fuel line upgrade is cheaper but you are on the limit of the OEM injectors.

If you are happy with .55 bar then that will do.............if you are en route to uprated internals then you will need it & the injectors anyway..............

What do these kits consist of? and how much? PM or email if you want.

Stav

Rob Gord said the pulley size earlier, 160mm.

Stav

yes he did but as the drive is not directly from the crank it means nothing on its own - to work out the speed of the SC you need to know engine speed -and size of the crank drive pulley and the other drive pulleys in the chain to get a figure of the SC speed.

rob...would that be more likely making the top one smaller ?

changing the SC pulley will have a greater effect on speed than changing the water pump drive pulley - if you were to go this route the pulley is very easily made and at the same time I would ensure the bearing size is modified to accept a standard size bearing ..............current bearing availability = rocking horse poop

not sure how relivant my experience of supercharging is as the mazda engine is pretty different to what they have in the front of the IS200, but when it comes to fueling cant you use something along the lines of the Emanage Blue? i cant think of a reason why that wouldnt work..

much better way of controlling the fueling than using an AFPR or similar (feel free to shoot me down if im way off the mark, im not familiar with the is200 lump, just going from my experience with adding superchargers to cars)

took to long to type this, threads moved on ;) sorry lol

Yes you can use the emanage blue.

But the costs start mounting then, for the ECU, and then the mapping.

Looking for a relatively low cost way of improving the TTE supercharger kit without the need for bigger injectors/mappable ECU etc.

Stav

Looking for a relatively low cost way of improving the TTE supercharger kit without the need for bigger injectors/mappable ECU etc.

Stav

well, when i supercharged the eunos i got my EMB brand new for £169 got a good deal there admitidly, but i have seen them sell for 100, mapping can be done yourself with a laptop. it is daunting but trust me if i could pick it up pretty much anyone could... admitidly i would recomend a knock sensor for this, actually you would need a wideband o2 for the tuning too so i can see your point.. the costs would escalate... interesting problem (the sort i like, ill have a think over a glass of vino :))

Stav

Well looking to use Emanage ultimate on mine, you are going to have to use something to sort the fueling out, i got some injectors to, fitting the Emanage is not that hard, and Steve has found someone that can map if for us, at very good price, going to see how well/good he is on mine 1st, i know he has been helping Steve with a Aristo Steve has been working on :shutit: really looking foward to sorting this out now :D

emanage ultimate has auto tune on it, although its not perfect, it doesnt do to bad a job. gives a very good base anyway and then you can just fine tune it :D

do you need to uprate the fuel pump too? (as i say i know little about the is200)

just looking at your spec Gord, (which is mighty impresive) can i ask why you went for an intercooler? in no way do i ask as a critisism, just wondering why you opted for it over something such as water injection??

emanage ultimate has auto tune on it, although its not perfect, it doesnt do to bad a job. gives a very good base anyway and then you can just fine tune it :D

do you need to uprate the fuel pump too? (as i say i know little about the is200)

just looking at your spec Gord, (which is mighty impresive) can i ask why you went for an intercooler? in no way do i ask as a critisism, just wondering why you opted for it over something such as water injection??

The TTE intercooler is very small, when i had the car in bits, intercooler came along at the right time, so ended up fitting it, i think water injection would be better for the bigger bhp mark.

Im just playing about with what i have at the min mate, seeing what works the best for my car, then i can pass what i find on to you lot, then when i have bigger pic, of what works the best, i can put it all together and see whats what.

The thing that has been slow, is ive not had much time to do anything of late.

only reason i asked is because in the mx5 community the intercooler method is a bit.. well limited, the problem with superchargers and intercoolers is that you increase throttled volume and therefore efectively lower the boost,

was just thinking about you making 0.5 bar (you never get much of SC's compared to tubbys anyways) and that is pretty respectable, im just a supercharger addict and your project has me very interested :D

kudos to you.... :D

only reason i asked is because in the mx5 community the intercooler method is a bit.. well limited, the problem with superchargers and intercoolers is that you increase throttled volume and therefore efectively lower the boost,

was just thinking about you making 0.5 bar (you never get much of SC's compared to tubbys anyways) and that is pretty respectable, im just a supercharger addict and your project has me very interested :D

kudos to you.... :D

I know what you mean about turbo and supercharger, i have driven a turbo is200, and it was running same boost as mine, but the turbo did seem to more powerful, but with turbo it spools up much faster giving that extra woooooosh and away.

Will be intresting to see when mine is running right.

you should get a much smoother power curve from the dyno, the power delivery of a turbo is far more aggresive, the debate about what is better can rage for ever, so i wont even start that debate but for me there is something just awesome abut the howl of a supercharger spinning its nuts off at 14,000 rpm :D

*** i miss my roadster lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links