Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200

Well as i says really, parts that i have to date

Engine £300, to work on, of the car, and do cylinder head work.

Rods £600

Pistons £600

Injectors £500

ECU £400

Intercooler £200 (fitted on car)

New clutch £360 (fitted on car)

Flywheel £350 (fitted on car)

Big pulley free (big Bob made for me :D )

Total so far £3310

*** and this is just on the engine :o

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOoooooOOOOOOooooo ;) Any images of the installed parts?

Jamie

No mate, when intercooler was finally put into place, no pic's taken, same with the clutch, i can take pics of the other parts if you like. (was a last min thing, as BMW was sold and going to new owner.)

Plan on taking pic's of engine work being done, as this is slow, so will have time to.

Sounds Impressive Mr H.

You already had one of the (legit, proven) fastest IS200's in the club (whe Duncan owned it , it rolling roaded at 220bhp :o)!.... This is just a whole new level!!

Your prices are great too - goodness knows what you would end up paying for stuff if you weren't so good at negotiating. ;)

Will you be roading roading at an independant garage so we can all see the results?

I bet all this uprating doesn't have a good effect on the fuel economy? Must be a big shock after the oil burner! :lol:

Can't wait to see the results! :D

Good Luck! :D

Sounds Impressive Mr H.

You already had one of the (legit, proven) fastest IS200's in the club (whe Duncan owned it , it rolling roaded at 220bhp :o)!.... This is just a whole new level!!

Your prices are great too - goodness knows what you would end up paying for stuff if you weren't so good at negotiating. ;)

Will you be roading roading at an independant garage so we can all see the results?

I bet all this uprating doesn't have a good effect on the fuel economy? Must be a big shock after the oil burner! :lol:

Can't wait to see the results! :D

Good Luck! :D

Yep all r/road results and stuff will be shown.

At the min, its not to bad on the fuel, the only thing is, i can now remember the last time i went to the petrol station, was not the case with the BMW :lol:

• 1 month later...

Rods £600

Pistons £600

Injectors £500

ECU £400

Total so far £3310

Hows the re-build going on your car ? slow?

Rods £600

Pistons £600

Injectors £500

ECU £400

Total so far £3310

Hows the re-build going on your slow car ?

Well Dave, Big Bob has made the pulley, 160mm, i think standard 130mm. the 2 extra engines that i have are both now in bits. one has strong/steel internals and the other is having some work done(can tell you more if all is ok when work done :winky: ) Cylinder heads are both having work done, polishing/porting.

One of the engines might become twin turbo, as we have manifold to do this, but this will be on Steve's car, im staying with supercharger for now.

So its moving on slow, as i have day job, and dad's taxi at evenings.

Big Bob, has taken the one last supercharger to work with him, so he can have a little look at making small pulley for the front of the charger.

How is yours coming along Dave ? Auto box still handling the extra power ? or are you going to be going MT6 ?

smaller pulley for the front is easily made - it is quite large because it still has the mag clutch inside - this can be binned. Would advise changing the pulley internal bore size so allows u to use a more standard bearing as the original is no longer made and like rocking horse poo to get hold of ......... so i bought a few for future

smaller pulley for the front is easily made - it is quite large because it still has the mag clutch inside - this can be binned. Would advise changing the pulley internal bore size so allows u to use a more standard bearing as the original is no longer made and like rocking horse poo to get hold of ......... so i bought a few for future

Where did you get bearings from Rob ?

SORRY i missed out "tap" in my last ramble.... thinking about it going up from 5mm to 6mm wont leave a lot of material for a decent thread so options are - get stainless 5mm bolts, or go oversize to 6.25mm or 7mm bolts. It was easy for me to machine the pulley to oversize, but it may be easier for you to just get stainless or high tensile bolts in the standard size.

ill dig out the companies details also for u i have the details at work so it will be tonight.

• 1 month later...
Nice one Gord, I was chatting to Steve about this same subject a few weeks back, sounds very confident too :D

Fitted the big pulley today, running at .5 bar now, pulley size is 160mm standard is 130mm, 165mm is as big as you can go, without lots of other mods to be done (making other pulleys smaller)

Going to get the fueling sorted week after next.

I must say at this point, that no way on this earth it is @ 300bhp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links