Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Use Instead?

Mitch

hi everyone

well my pc went nuts and kazaa wont run. so im stuck. i need some more hip-hop and RnB music Mp3's but dnt know where to get them from.

first audiogalaxy satellite is closed and now i cant run kazaa. what next.........

help anyone i need my music.

free sites like kazaa please

I buy CD's when I really support the artist, and I will buy it for all when the major music companies wil stop to think that we must afford to pay 15/20 euros for a cd's!

Normal price must be around 10 euros, not much…

Waiting this I keep dowloading with pier to pier prgms :)

I fully support the downloading of music over the internet.

Buying CD's does not support the artist - it only supports the record company.

Prince makes more money now selling 10,000 copies of his album direct than he made selling millions of copies of his recod company produced albums.

The markup on CD's is excessive, and completely unjustified.

Why is a cassette tape, which is a complex mechanical device involving several moving parts cheaper than a CD which I can personally buy for less than 80p?

This downloading malarkey is simple market forces - take the hint record companies, people are sick of paying £15 for a CD

All the recording industry has to defeat a lot of downloading is to deliver what the market wants - cheaper music.

I wouldn't hop around p2p networks looking for songs, if I could go to the record company website and download the album for a couple of quid.

So - to answer your question Mitch - for music you want Winmx - and make sure you get a listing of the OpenNap servers - I have one if you can't find your own ( ;) ) The OpenNap servers are an open source napster style network, and a excellent source for music.

For films / software then XDCC / DirectConnect is the best bet - not as friendly as Winmx / Kazaa etc, but most things are there, and can be downloaded easily enough.

Well here's a really radical idea ...

Could maybe try .... 'buying' .... some music CD's instead of just ripping off :blink:

Bizarre concept i know and it may never catch on, but hey, it seems to work for me ...

i bought a CD album on sunday actually. i gots no problems buying CD's but i download them coz i use NERO CD burner it wnt allow you to copy a track from CD then compile it onto a blank CD which is why i download songs.

i got over 300 albums and 150 cd singles so i buy my fair share. when there an album wit only 2 or 3 songs u like and you cant keep changing CD's in the car it makes sense to put them all on 1 CD which is what i do

buying????????????? whats that? why pay £12 - £15 for a cd when you can Dl it in about 30 mins?? cost is nearly zero to me.

Interesting point of view, and hardly mature advice, especially for a moderator... :blink:

I have approximately 100gigs of MP3 - about 2000 CDs worth. I own about 1000 CDs of those and play them on a home entertainment PC i built, that runs on my TV, with 5.1 sound. I also play MP3 in my car head unit. I have to say despite collecting MP3s, I still purchase CDs so I can rip good albums I like in high quality LAME settings to play on my car stereo and at home, as most of the 'free' MP3s you can download are certainly not audiophile performance.

I'm no angel and not trying to be all moral, as I collect MP3s myself but to have an attitude to not pay for music, even that which you like, is well, a little immature. Just my point of view....

nero allows u to make a compilation cd!!! i have never had any problems doing this, get the latest version - courtesy of P2P of course and use the wizard. its easy to do.

i know u can compile CD's with nero.

what i mean is NERO wont allow you to get the original CD copy a track off it then put in a different CD copy a track or 2 off that then burn them onto a blank CD

Why not do both - I download loads of MP3s. If I like them then I buy the CD, if not then I delete them. I buy online so I never pay more than £10 inc postage. It saves buying CDs only to find you've wasted your money on something you don't like.

[quote=   playa

i know u can compile CD's with nero.

what i mean is NERO wont allow you to get the original CD copy a track off it then put in a different CD copy a track or 2 off that then burn them onto a blank CD

mine does!!! I did it yesterday, try unchecking " on the fly"

Interesting point of view, and hardly mature advice, especially for a moderator...  :blink:

yes , you are probably right there, but if i really like the band,group, whatever, then i normally buy the cd, but ONLY after i have listened to the cd before hand.

But about 90% of my mp3's are remixes and white labels that will never be officially released so............ :whistling::whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links