Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Monster......

bloofire

but the lexus track day is in may ? and TDI say 2 weeks work, so we might not see it then.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

looking like JAE then :ph34r:

Th Monster will be Ok to come to the track day, but I think Mat doesn't want to do that.

There has been considerably less than 2 weeks work done to get we are, and that includes sorting out the previously unknown rear suspension issue.

Thank you for your interest :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i will be bringing it to JAPFEST though...... :D

i drive back from Germany on the Thursday, and will be collecting the car on the Friday Afternoon, after a clean and a polish, all will be well for the saturday Morning........

see you all there :driving:

i drive back from Germany on the Thursday, and will be collecting the car on the Friday Afternoon, after a clean and a polish, all will be well for the saturday Morning........

very cool B) :D

i presume its all up and running now :D

does that mean tony bones has his new geometry equipment :o

would have loved to have seen it getting on the ramps :lol::lol:

cant wait to see the beast at japfest

YEP, had confirmation Email from Mark, that all is well , tracking was done elsewhere..???

as Tony didnt have his new eqpt in time.

Just need to get a Train now over to that part of the world where Mark is :crybaby:

YEP, had confirmation Email from Mark, that all is well , tracking was done elsewhere..???

as Tony didnt have his new eqpt in time.

Just need to get a Train now over to that part of the world where Mark is :crybaby:

"yeh" am i :tsktsk: or what! Oh well things will come together in the end. thing is wheels-inmotion is "not" a stand alone buisness, i work for a company that "now" wants to cover my example, they have approved the £ but now we have a time delay.. TDI/ LOC, "MON" will be covered as soon as! ( think i need to go it alone ) :unsure:

"yeh" am i  :tsktsk: or what! Oh well things will come together in the end. thing is wheels-inmotion is "not" a stand alone buisness, i work for a company that "now" wants to cover my example, they have approved the £ but now we have a time delay.. TDI/ LOC, "MON" will be covered as soon as! ( think i need to go it alone ) :unsure:

reminds me fork and eye ends are now secured  :winky:

Interested

"yeh" am i :tsktsk: or what! Oh well things will come together in the end. thing is wheels-inmotion is "not" a stand alone buisness, i work for a company that "now" wants to cover my example, they have approved the £ but now we have a time delay.. TDI/ LOC, "MON" will be covered as soon as! ( think i need to go it alone ) :unsure:

Maybe you can have a review of the Monster geometry settings when you are ready. The guys that we had to use can be a "hit and miss" so I would be happy if you could do that. BTW we will be getting Supertracker equipment in our new place.

Maybe you can have a review of the Monster geometry settings when you are ready. The guys that we had to use can be a "hit and miss" so I would be happy if you could do that. BTW we will be getting Supertracker equipment in our new place.

There is no settings untill i have the needs and the type of use mat requires.

We managed to do all of the mapping on our Rototest rather than going elsewhere to do it, by undertaking the testing in 6th gear (which is over driven).

The downside to this is that you can't get an accurate power figure when testing in an over driven gear, but our main priority was to get the mapping done rather than obtain an accurate power figure.

The Performance Certificate that we have issued (in 6th gear) shows 409.2 hp at the hubs with the cat installed. We would expect this to show around 480hp at the hubs using a direct 1:1 gear with the cat installed, and around 500hp at the hubs with the cat removed. This equates to around 600hp at the flywheel which is what we would expect according to the specification of the car. To get an accurate power figure in a direct gear will mean going to somewhere like Abbey Motorsport who have one of the biggest dyno's available, or waiting for our upgrade which is even bigger.

Technical explanation for those interested: The torque is the actual work done by the engine. Power is just a calculation derived from the torque and engine speed. The torque from the engine is multiplied by the gear ratios and the axle ratio, so to take the Monster as an example, the torque being applied to the hubs is actually 1108 lb-ft in 6th gear, and way in excess of 1600 lb-ft in a direct gear, which is an enormous amount, so it is not difficult to understand why weak links such as the rear toe control arms and other things can suffer.

We managed to do all of the mapping on our Rototest rather than going elsewhere to do it, by undertaking the testing in 6th gear (which is over driven).

The downside to this is that you can't get an accurate power figure when testing in an over driven gear, but our main priority was to get the mapping done rather than obtain an accurate power figure.

The Performance Certificate that we have issued (in 6th gear) shows 409.2 hp at the hubs with the cat installed. We would expect this to show around 480hp at the hubs using a direct 1:1 gear with the cat installed, and around 500hp at the hubs with the cat removed. This equates to around 600hp at the flywheel which is what we would expect according to the specification of the car. To get an accurate power figure in a direct gear will mean going to somewhere like Abbey Motorsport who have one of the biggest dyno's available, or waiting for our upgrade which is even bigger.

Technical explanation for those interested: The torque is the actual work done by the engine. Power is just a calculation derived from the torque and engine speed. The torque from the engine is multiplied by the gear ratios and the axle ratio, so to take the Monster as an example, the torque being applied to the hubs is actually 1108 lb-ft in 6th gear, and way in excess of 1600 lb-ft in a direct gear, which is an enormous amount, so it is not difficult to understand why weak links such as the rear toe control arms and other things can suffer.

wow it lives up to its name for sure :D

mark, is there a specific ratio to work out the flywheel hp, or is it dependant on what the specification of the car is, not questioning your figures , just curious, as this is where most people seem to exagerate

if you do intend taking it to abbey`s any chance you let me know as i would love to pop down and see it, or, more like see their faces !!! :lol:

one word.

wow.

wow it lives up to its name for sure :D

mark, is there a specific ratio to work out the flywheel hp, or is it dependant on what the specification of the car is, not questioning your figures , just curious, as this is where most people seem to exagerate

if you do intend taking it to abbey`s any chance you let me know as i would love to pop down and see it, or, more like see their faces !!! :lol:

Thanks Barrie :D

The reality is that 600hp is fairly "average" for the 2JZ GTE engine nowadays, as it's on the limit for the standard engine.

To be impressive today needs at least 800hp but even that I would expect to be "average" next year or the year after. That's the way it works.

As far as I know, The Monster is probably the most powerful is200 in the world at the moment until someone else builds something better. I suspect that Mat is unlikely to leave things tht way they are, and may even decide to get that tempting 3.4 litre stroker kit in there at some point in the future

You can't work out (or measure) what the transmission losses are, so we apply a figure of 15 to 20% losses for rear wheel drive cars using a direct gear ratio. The only way to obtain an accurate flywheel figure is on an engine dyno.

Oh there I didn't see something. :blink:

1600 foot pound are 2169NM :huh:

Sorry, but I don't believe that for 400-500RWHP. :ph34r:

2000NM is the torque of a ship engine.

For that number or torque Mat's Monster would produce ~1500BHP.

And with 400-500RWHP I'd say the torque is somewhere in the 700NM area or a bit lower. ;)

But 2169NM.... NO!.... NEVER! :duh:

Or Mat would need new tires every 2 weeks. :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links