Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Monster......

bloofire

I think Scarface's eyes were subject to a bit of warp factor shock loading  :lol: . Mind you, they were wide open and protruding somewhat  :ohmy:

Although the EVC 5 offers essentially 4 levels of boost (off, low, high and scramble), at the moment we have just two settings of 1 bar and just nudging 1.5 bar.

now that sounds more like it so its still got some boost left in it and its kicking real well

thanks mark

daz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Quick update on behalf of Mat (still no internet).....

Monster is now insured & MOT'd

Mat is taking it back to TDI on Saturday for the rear dif to be solid mounted in preparation for GT Battle  :driving:

Update.........

Due to the enormous amount of torque that the rear wheels see (that is multiplied through the transmission and differential), and weaknesses in the standard rear end, there is a high level of flexing in the differential and suspension arms.

Earlier in the thread you can see what we did to cure the upper toe control arm weakness.

The differential was "flapping around like a fish out of water" under acceleration which was affecting the rear wheel alignment.

Originally we considered making some solid differential mounts to cure this, but the compromise would have been increased NVH into the car and more shock loading on the differential (which it can definately do without :ohmy: ). So what we have decided to do is a cunning modification to the TRD mounts to reduce the movement by a very significant amount.

This appears to have worked, so off we go for a bit of testing :)

Our cunning mods to the rear end appear to work quite well. The Monster feels rock solid under full acceleration now :)

All of the aforementioned problems have been cured, so hopefully Mat can take it to Rockingham this weekend.

Great news,does that mean it's now completed,or are there a few more tweeks :question:

Cars like this always have something that needs to (or can) be done to improve or change certain areas.

Hopefully this will be the end to any weak areas that need to be strengthened, so that TDi and Mat can concentrate on fine tuning and making the car as nice as possible :D.

Great news,does that mean it's now completed,or are there a few more tweeks :question:

Cars like this always have something that needs to (or can) be done to improve or change certain areas.

Hopefully this will be the end to any weak areas that need to be strengthened, so that TDi and Mat can concentrate on fine tuning and making the car as nice as possible :D.

Matt i'll hopefully have a car with a similar engine in a few years, ive promised myself if i get this new job im after ill take out a huge loan and tune the balls of my car.

Wot kinda prices are we talking for full install with fitting (as i dont think u had to pay that much) lol including an engine. If you dont want to talk prices on here email me at elliott_page@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Mark, wasnt able to call you tonight, ive just come in of the Plain (Salisbury Plain).......a hot 24 hours indeed....and im out again first thing....0500

will try and call tommorow, if not sounds like all is well, so i will see you sat Morning......

• 5 months later...

Got some news for you guys. We had to do a complete re-map of the Monster following a gremlin attack which munched all of the previous data. :angry:

After just jetting back from a road test, in case there are any doubters out there let me assure you that the combination of around 600hp, skinny tires, damp roads and fog is not very pleasant at all :o

Wheel spin in 6th gear at 150mph+ does concentrate the mind somewhat.

Got some news for you guys. We had to do a complete re-map of the Monster following a gremlin attack which munched all of the previous data.  :angry:

After just jetting back from a road test, in case there are any doubters out there let me assure you that the combination of around 600hp, skinny tires, damp roads and fog is not very pleasant at all  :o

Wheel spin in 6th gear at 150mph+ does concentrate the mind somewhat.

And the under pants i assume, good news that the 'flux capacitor is mended'

• 3 months later...

The car is looking great Mat :D Is it all finished now or is there more to do to the monster?

i have a new bumper to go on, and a couple of bits i want to do....but basically yep, its finished

Are you taking it on any track days or 1/4 miles :question: Love to see what it can do :D

The car is looking great Mat :D Is it all finished now or is there more to do to the monster?

i have a new bumper to go on, and a couple of bits i want to do....but basically yep, its finished

Are you taking it on any track days or 1/4 miles :question: Love to see what it can do :D

yep, should be if i can get the time off work :)

You're taking the white beast to the Ring aren't ya mate?

Provisionally :winky:

Shock horror driving her in the rain lol looks good did you have any erm challenges with the supra lol looks great as usual good to see that its actually getting some use

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links