Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help With Engine Mods And Suspension

ebthesned

Need some help guys.

I have some cash put away for a few mods on the Lexus IS200 and I'm not sure what to go for. Below I have listed what mods i want but im not sure on which brand to get, thats where i'm hoping you guys could help me out.....New to the Lexus scene you see :whistling:

Exhaust -

Air Intake -

Manifold -

Suspension - Adjustable or just springs????

Thanks guys Craig

Hi there,

It depends on the type of sound you want for exhaust but maybe some of the HKS range like a lot of others have on here? Me personally i went for the Scorpion Cat back system(£399) which gives the car a deeper sound at higher revs but its hardly noticable at normal driving.

Air intake again what sound do you want?An induction kit will give it a better sound in my opinion but you can also get a K&N panel filter to replace the oem one which will give you about the same as the induction(2-3 bhp)

Manifold you can get from Prolex but its quite expensive i think around £650.I wouldnt really go for this unless you were planning on a supercharger at a later date.

Suspension if you just wanted springs eibach seems to be popular but if you wanted coil-overs i would go for the tein coil-overs and electronic dampening(£750)

Hope this gives you more of an idea mate.

Thanks for the reply boddamloon.

I am planning on the supercharge kit at a later date.

I want a nice sound not a chavy loud noise that everybody can hear. I have noticed on here a few people have gone for the panel filter which I have never had before, i have always had the induction kit.

I have looked at the HKS range but like i said above, i dont want a really loud noise. I still wana hear myself think when driving lol.

The suspension kit will be Tein with the electronic kit. That will be the first modification along with the 18" wheels.

On the subject of buying things, do members on here get discount from any suppliers??? Im making my way around the site so if thats a stupid question im sorry.

On the subject of buying things, do members on here get discount from any suppliers??? Im making my way around the site so if thats a stupid question im sorry.

Hello matey

If you become a gold member you get discount at most lexus dealers and some other places of which i'm not to sure of at the moment sure someone will be along and let you know who and where?

I've got a peco backbox on mine which has a nice sound but not loud not seen many about on here though but it looks nice on the car and doesn't rattle your brain loose while driving :D

have you just got the backbox on yours aztecbandit or do you have a full system??

Do you have any pics of your backbox because i dont really want to alter the size and shape of the exhaust because im not keen on the large 4" Jap style pipes, but i suppose i could make an exception if the sound is good.

I am going to become a gold member on friday.

have you just got the backbox on yours aztecbandit or do you have a full system??

Do you have any pics of your backbox because i dont really want to alter the size and shape of the exhaust because im not keen on the large 4" Jap style pipes, but i suppose i could make an exception if the sound is good.

I am going to become a gold member on friday.

I've got just the backbox on mine if you have a look at my profile and go to my gallery you will see some pic's of the back of my car with the tailpipe on think its got a 3.5inch tail so not too big?

Hi mate sounds like you have got some good plans here.

Regards to the discounts, all gold members can access the gold members area which has a huge list of companies that offer discounts. This list is also constantly growing.

We have nearly all the Lexus dealerships offering discounts also, it is well worth the membership fee.

Yeh im aiming to make my lexus nice and very subtle, i will have some standard bits for sale when I start getting my new mods.

I will get my gold membership on friday so I will be able to view the discounts list and purchase some parts. Thanks alot for your help guys its much appreciated.

I will get to put names to faces at the meet on the 19th August.

Anti-roll bars are a very good upgrade , they stop the car rolling about when stuffing it round bends , and there cheap , hks or trd , what sort of ride are you looking to get , fully adjustable shocks help you get the ride you want , as for the back box it might be better if you come to a meet and have a look and listen and then make your mind up to make shure you get the sound your after , there's not much to choose from performance wise between the pannel filter or induction kit except the induction kit is nosier :)

thats a nice lexus mate, i like the look of that.what suspension is your car on?? and also what induction kit do you have???

Cheers mate.. :D

Mines got the pipercross induction kit on and sits on TTE coilovers i had the lowering springs on before and the coilovers came up on the LOC at a good price so had to have them :D

Look forward to meeting you at the north meet matey... :)

this...would be the order i would choose.............

springs

anti roll bars

exhaust

forget induction kit, unless done correctly is a waste of time...........they need to be enclosed with a cols air feed, which most are not

Exhaust - some thing simular to hks silent range ( if your going to turbo or supercharge then get one that will help the tc or sc )

Air Intake - why bother they dont do anything then make the engin louder

Manifold - for the sake of something shiny and 10 bhp max why bother ?

Suspension - Adjustable or just springs???? <- this will make the biggest difference get a very good set spend the money here

dont bother with small engine mods unless your going to do a lot of them and then just save the money till you can do them all and get it all done at once

I have found the wheels (18's) im getting and I am going to purchase the Tein Coilovers, also i am thinking of getting the EDFC to go with the coilovers (is this worth it????).

I am going to look into the exhaust systems, will have a good look at the North Meet and see what people have chosen.

It will be good to see someone of you lot at the North Meet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links