Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When Is A Lexus A Toyota

MikeDutton

I really want a Soarer. However when looking at Japanese exporters they tell me LEXUS is not sold in Japan and all the Lexus Soarer's here in the UK are really Toyotas that have been re-badged.

You can get the Lexus Badge on the back, but not on the engine and not on the steering wheel.

Is this true?

Also, when did the digital dashboard / touch screen stop?

Mike.

There is no such thing as a Lexus in the Japanese Home Market

So all Soarers should have Toyota badges,if the vehicle has Lexus badges on then someone at some stage has put them on in the UK.Car sellers have been known to be prosecuted in the UK for selling Soarers as Lexus

If you buy from singapore you should get a real Lexus soarer or SC as they are called out there.

Apparently lexus is sold in singapore and they are sold as Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

There are no SC300s/400s in Singapore. They never made it to the shores.

The new SC430s however... are sold in Singapore. At about S$350K to S$450K... not very sure about the price cause I'm not there at the moment. But very pricey indeed.

The Lexus brand have long made it in Singapore for it's prestige and rivals top-end competitors like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi...etc.

And with the parallel importers in place nowadays, the price difference between lets say;

RX300 and the Harrier... is about S$25,000. A huge price to pay for a BRAND.

But Lexus in Singapore still sells very good as the after-sales services that comes with the vehicle is unrivaled.

By the way, I'm Singaporean who now resides in Australia... studying.

Have a good day.

you have to de-badge them but it,s basically the same company, same car, if not better. A lexus is a Toyota in a posh frock. Toyota is a well respected brand in Japan that,s why the name was kept. But in Europe, a Toyota is another Corolla to everyone.

For me, once it,s the same car it doesn,t bother me. If you debadge a Soarer, and debadge the SC from America, you will be hard push to tell the difference if you are not a car enthusiast.

Anyway, I have seen a few Soarers debadged as Lexus, but Soarers were not meant for the UK and Euro market so anyone can still tell it,s a Toyota. Unless ofcourse it,s a left hooker from the States.

So my advise will be to take the Toyota badges off and leave it to the imagination of people. Don,t bother with a Lexus badge.

• 1 month later...

All Lexus come out of one factory, seperate from the rest of the Toyota range. There are know cars badged Lexus in Japan, but they come from this factory, as does the Soarer. So the Soarer is a Lexus, as sold in the States, and the car purchased from Japan is the same car.

BR

Leigh

All Lexus come out of one factory, seperate from the rest of the Toyota range

not true, the IS200 comes out of the Kanto factory along with the Altezza and a few other crazy named toyota's

There are know cars badged Lexus in Japan,

was once true, however Toyota Corp are now badging some vehicles as LEXUS, as many japanese like the Lexus badging.......it is an optional extra, and special request item

• 2 months later...

very true supercharged! I am currently sationed on okinawa and there are a ton of cars running around with the lexus badge, hell I have even seen right hand drive saturns over here!

All Lexus come out of one factory, seperate from the rest of the Toyota range

not true, the IS200 comes out of the Kanto factory along with the Altezza and a few other crazy named toyota's

There are know cars badged Lexus in Japan,

was once true, however Toyota Corp are now badging some vehicles as LEXUS, as many japanese like the Lexus badging.......it is an optional extra, and special request item

Yep. and the RX is being made in Canada

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links