Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

LexusForever

Hi Everyone

My name's Jason and I'm from Basingstoke

I have had my IS 200 SE Auto for 18 months now, and keep getting grief at work (BMW and Porsche drivers all of them!!!!) cause i keep telling everyone to wake up and buy a decent car LOL! so i decided to join all you other enlightened folk instead! i couldn't go back to driving anything else now!!!

finding it really interesting reading some of the topics - getting an insight as to what i can do to mine although i'm not big into modding but all the pics i've seen are fantastic. i bow to your greatness B)

looking forward to getting to know everyone. are there regular get togethers held or anything like that?

Hi mate, welcome to the club!

There are regular meets but the majority of them are north from us, we need to try and organise more southern meets! and when i say southern i don't mean london, i mean the SOUTH! as in southampton, or at a push basingstoke! :whistling::hehe:

if the worst case senario the two of us can have a mini lexus/jason meet :lol:

Jason :P

Thanks. it's a 2002. not looking too bad for 108000 miles but i must say it is costing me a fortune in repairs this year. According to my Lexus dealer the front calipers are seizing and have to be replaced for a whopping £860.00 and i'm on my second set of front discs and pads since April! it has also started shuddering while driving which is a bit unnerving :tsktsk:

Hello and welcome to the club.

As for the meets there is two big trips coming up one to Calais and one to Blackpool of your interested,

As for the shuddering, is it only when breaking or while driving? If it's just when braking then may be a warped disc but if your on 2nd set of discs and pads since april then there is something wrong there.

Hope you get it sorted out soon mate

it's only when driving. since i had the front brakes replaced for the second time, they are perfect, although i can hear them squeaking a little till i put my foot on the brake. i think that's the calipers brushing the discs constantly to keep them dry and improve braking????

The shuddering happens usually first thing in the morning and then again once i reach cruising speed above 50. sometimes it really noticeable and other times you hardly feel it at all. very strange. i feel stupid not knowing more about cars, but it means i have to go by what people at the dealership / garage tell me and i never know whether they are just saying it to get money out of me or whether there really is a problem.

i added it all up the other night and so far this year i've spent 1100 on the car and i still have to change the timimg belt and have all the fluids changed. beginning to wonder if it was such a good idea to buy my dream car LOL

the trips sound fantastic but unfortunately with all the bills on the car i'm flat broke LOL

That is a good point by maneesh. There are many reputable non lexus garages which will save you some money.

You should be able to get the timing belt done for around £200. Also with the brakes if it's just vibrating around 50 are you sure it's the brakes and not your wheel balance or tracking. Have you had your geometry checked?

i went to lexus because they were actuaally cheaper to do the rear brakes than any independent i could find in basingstoke, believe it or not, otherwise it has been going to a non lexus dealer since i've had it. the problem is that i wasn't sure about what the non lexus place was doing so i went to the lexus dealer to get them to check it. i have had the full tracking and everything checked but am planning to get it done again just in case. both the lexus dealer and the independent guy told me the tracking etc was fine.

as far as the timing belt goes, lexus are only 30 quid more than the cheapest independent i could find in basingstoke, so i figure why not? unless you guys can point me in the direction of someone local who's cheaper????

i am really grateful for the help and advice by the way :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links