Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is It Serious?

Rory

I live on a slight downhill slope, when I pull up at home, as i'm coming to a stop and pulling in to the curb (almost full lock) theres a very noticable creak from the front end of my car, feels like its around the springs

can anyone help?

I live on a slight downhill slope, when I pull up at home, as i'm coming to a stop and pulling in to the curb (almost full lock) theres a very noticable creak from the front end of my car, feels like its around the springs

can anyone help?

Does this only happen when you get home? Have you had the brakes done recently? if so check everythings been tightened up properly, if not then check the ball joints, shocks stuff like that they might just need a nip with a spanner.

Most likely to be be the pads shifting in the calipers, mine has been doing this for ages...had the discs and pads changed...noise come back.

A short term solution seems to be a bit of copper grease between the pad and caliper but it soon comes back.

My IS did it, and so does the GS although it's quieter. I've given up worrying about it now, I'm sure it's just dry rubber bushes or else brake pads moving slightly, as others have said. Don't worry about it (unless it turns into a really loud clonking noise!!) The IS and GS share a common braking system so I guess it might well be that.

can anyone help?

Does this only happen when you get home? Have you had the brakes done recently? if so check everythings been tightened up properly, if not then check the ball joints, shocks stuff like that they might just need a nip with a spanner.

I only notice it when I get home, this being as I live on a slight downward slope, every where else I park is pretty much flat, so theres more braking force when i'm pulling up at home, at a low speed, the noise is definitley a creaking noise, doesn't feel like shifting pads at all IMO, it hasn't gotten any worse and i've been hearing it for about a month

my is200 did it for a while

after having new breaks fitted it was always when at full lock and coming to stop

it went away after a while but have used copper grease for a funny noise on my driver side breaks

i think most the guys are right dont worry try the copper grease see if it sorts it

Most likely to be be the pads shifting in the calipers, mine has been doing this for ages...had the discs and pads changed...noise come back.

A short term solution seems to be a bit of copper grease between the pad and caliper but it soon comes back.

Try the white grease I got from Toyota. It looks like Colgate, place the grease between the pad clips on the brake pad carrier (the springs that the pads slot into). Make sure you put the grease into the clips and then as normal on each end of the pads.

I tired everything from changing the springs, shims, slifers, pads, discs etc before trying this white grease that was recommended by Jemca (Toyata dealer). I have not heard the dreaded "clunck" now for 6 months when going over ripples etc on the road.

well thanks for the suggestions, I shall not worried about it as it doesn't seem to be getting any worse, got the MOT next month, if it isn't serious enough to fail it, i'll be a happy chappy

thats a weight off my mind, Cheers J

:offtopic: messaged creative performance about the plugs, a very polite messgae, hoping he will actually accept that he made an error and send us the missing plugs

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links