Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chris200 Pt2

chrisis200

Well as some of you may know just under a year ago I crashed my Lexxy into a ditch as I was just starting to catch the modding bug, this has set me back big time with huge insurance and repair bills, services and general living as you all will know ;) but I'm just starting to get back into it.

I am about to have 2 of my old 19" rims refurberd so i can get them back on, I've also invested in a new spoiler to give it a sportier look, this is to be fitted soon. (Pics in a few days)

So what have I done over the last year, well I put the Kaz 1 back on, of course there's the sport grill still, a new TRD Sunstrip, I finally got round to painting the calipers and added Lexus stickers (probably the most noticeable mod that everyone talks to me about-all it is, is paint an stickers but peeps like it) sprayed a few parts in the engine bay, I have a pic but I've got round to sprayin even more so update pic later. Put a new headunit in, sub etc... All in all still love the car it needs a little attention as it still has niggles but I'm sure they can be solved eventurally. Here's some piccys..

front2.jpg

front1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust1.jpg

caliper1.jpg

cal2.jpg

Back.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Also so I don't have any more acciedents I was given a Bday present from my lovely g/f which was a few laps in a Ferrari 360 round Dry Doddington Race Track a few pics of that, I also have a vid I will add :D

meferrari2.jpg

Me Getting ready, helmet on, Check...

meferrari3.jpg

This is when I arrived back yay it's in one piece lol...

So I have many things to do see shoppin list below but I'm slowly back on track.

Shoppin List:

Fitted Spoiler

Refurb 2 alloys

2 New tyres

Geo Done

100K service

Window Tints

New Sub+Speakers all round - But that can wait till last

Lowering Springs (if money starts to grow on trees)

A few short clips that my g/f took from the stands, the fool forgot to press record on the real camera so used her phone luckily as well lol...

This was my 3rd we only got 3 which is shocking for about £150 luckily it was a present :D but still it was amazing to do and driving on a track so much harder than I thought, well worth a try.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

</param> <embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Being overtaken on my 1st lap by those little single seater things, they are nippy mind you lol...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkQhruoafZE">'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkQhruoafZE"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkQhruoafZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

My very poor parking skills lol...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

</param> <embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

And finally me getting out of the car, was a great experience just wished we had more time on the track...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPc4SqSH_OU">'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPc4SqSH_OU"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPc4SqSH_OU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object

just a quick question why is your engine the wrong way round?

was going to say the same thing! :whistling: ................ just looked more closely and that picture has been mirrored! the other pics show the car as a right hand drive car but that one shows it as a left hand drive car!

Alright there Chris,

Glad to hear you're back on track and things are rolling again ;)

Was it you who was on the way to the meet at the Mascrat and left the roundabout or something? I seem to remember Sam (MII_LEX) on about someone and I could've sworn it was you.

Jamie

That was me Jamie, no damage though luckily.

Stav

Disaster so took off the old lip spoiler an went down to get a quote on fitting the new one, they told me they need to reweld up the holes 3 spread out over the boot, spray the entire boot and then spray an fit the new spoiler... the damage £300 :( this is a nightmare... anyone have a sprayshop & can help me for cheaper :D

If I didn't have this stupid OEM lip spoiler there would be no holes an it would of just cost half the price :(

i had the same probs Chris i've been looking for a standard boot lid without the oem spoiler fitted so i can fit my altezza spoiler i even asked if anyone would swap there standard boot lid for mine with the spoiler fitted but no luck as yet? They come up on eBay from time to time but normally for silly money so the search continues? :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

At last I have the spoiler on & holes filled, very happy with the end result. I've also opted to keep the badges off for now as I'm really liking it without them. A Few small pics from my phone will get some better ones on tomorrow or next week after Santa Pod :D car needs a wash i know ;)

• 10 months later...

Well nearly a year on an the mods slowed down as costs went up but I do have a few pics I've never got round to adding, shall be taking some more up to date ones when we have some nice weather.

I finally got that spoiler on & sold my old one on eBay, I purchased some Extreme White Xenon Headlamp Upgrades an they look really good for how much they were and are brighter than the standard ones. Of course HIDs are the ideal an in the future I may get them, need to take some pics in the dark to show you what they look like.

I also made a purchase from fellow member Jason, of the carbon fibre induction pipe, it came with a HKS Mushroom filter but as Jason & I agreed it was really awful so I purchased a Apexi one off eBay, a few pics.

lights2.jpg

engine1.jpg

I must say I do like the noise this makes, with the Kaz1 exhaust it sounds great.

Another little mod was the lovely Chrome letters I got from LOC that I've fitted to the rear windows.

locwindow1.jpg

locwindow2.jpg

Yet another cheap & cheerfull mod I made was LED's in the dials, thanks to some advice from Chris (Aztecbandit) I shopped on eBay again lol.. I was meaning to put these pics up a long time ago.

dial1.jpg

dial2.jpg

Now not to long ago my subs packed up sadly I say not long ago but it was well into last year lol, but very recently my old sony hu gave up after 5 yrs fun, I went onto eBay an got a new Sony Xplod HU, I was looking for this one for awhile it's quite old but the best type of its model as this one has a removeable face and thats was an absolute must. See the pics below :D

radio1.jpg

When it is closed an off it has tha active black look which is suppose to look like you've taken the HU out, but lets be honest that doesnt really work an if anyone has seen one of these type of units you would know it's clearly in there lol..

This is a HU can be used while it is up or you can have it flip down as I prefer :)

radio5.jpg

radio2.jpg

Not only did I get this, but I got a great bargain on 2x 10" Vibe Black Air 1200w subs, they cost me just 60 pounds :o that included delivery. Some people may of worried an thought they had been abused or blown, but they are working excellant. Currently in my car, no signs of blowingup yet and I have them at ear bleeding loud level.

vibes.jpg

If you had seen my mssgs in the audio section I was talkin to DJ Wozza about my old sub box an fitting them in this, he was right they didnt just fit straight in lol width was fine but depth was not, as these were alot deeper. So I began to modify the box, I had to make some pieces to give the box more depth an the correct amount of air space. I started by creating 2 wooden templates.

sub.jpg

I then screwed this new layer to the old box I had, I had now added a few more inches of depth giving the speakers enough room to pump the air around the box.

sub2.jpg

Then fitted the subs to test it out.

sub6.jpg

It sounded great I also have a front cover for this box, now not being technical or having the kncwledge of Wozza I then just tested it with this on. (I currently still have this on) I believe it creates a differnt type of sound, an these subs can be used in both.

sub5.jpg

At a later I have sprayed the pieces black to blend in with the subs will need a new pic of this to show you though.

sub11.jpg

A few more pics I took while setting it up, ski hatch should always be open as well as it makes such a huge difference.

skihatch.jpg

Need to make a custom place to put the amp as it makes an annoyin rattle sometimes as the huge bass comes through the box lol

amp.jpg

I also have a 1.2 PowerCap, which looks great an needs to be mounted properly somewhere, looks like something out of back to the future lol..

sub10.jpg

I also used some sealent glue stuff(you can tell I did not do this bit) to the bottom of the box to put some velcrow on so the box would not move around in the boot.

sub9.jpg

I didnt make the parts for the sub box myself as I'm awful at mods, I got my grandad who has every tool in the world an can make anything out of wood to help me out so a special thanks to him. He'll be the chap I'll get to drill my seat rails if I attempt to do it lol...

Now there was a mod I had done only on Monday will put pics up of it in 5-10mins time, gotta grab a tea an watch a bit of the Liverpool game cant believe they nearly let 2 goals in already lol...

Got sidetracked last night, the latest mod I've had was on Monday. I've had the Kaz1 for a few years now an I've been fairly pleased with it, makes a good sound when warmed up. But I never had the a aftermarket part that connected from the backbox to the cat, so I went to your favorite exhaust people POWERFLOW. Now I've seen so many bad comments about them here, but the fact was it was a ordinary garage that sold the powerflow parts etc. I had been there the saturday as my brother had just fitted a Powerflow exhaust on his clio that was insanely loud lol, I watched them do this and it was a top job.

So I gambled an had the middle section made up as I thought it would increase the sound of my exhaust & the result was it did increase in sound. It's not mental loud, but it certainly made it sound deeper on the burbles an a little louder when you put your foot down.

A few pics

pipe2.jpg

newpipe2.jpg

newpipe1.jpg

All the cats are currently still in place an I made them make it, so I could still remove the back box with ease to sell at a later date :D

engine1.jpg

I must say I do like the noise this makes, with the Kaz1 exhaust it sounds great.

Forget how good that induction kit looks :) Finally see some pics of it on your car, i really should get round to getting a front strut brace, the whole reason i sold that induction kit in the first place! :D

Jason :P

Just catching up on the thread Chris, just a couple of things

Remember to bolt the box in place securely, something that big carries a lot of kinetic energy if the car came to a sudden halt,

(thinking of back seat passengers). Alos the Ski-Hatch is very easy to unbolt about 6 bolts) when you remove the rear seat back.

It comes out as a complete piece, you can bolt it back when you sell the car.

The Vibe Subs you have kick plenty hard, without the Plexi they are in a simple ported box configuration, but with the plexi in place they

become like a 6th order Bandpass design (without looking it up in a book). Obviously use them in whichever way you feel sounds best

for the music you like to listen to.

I as many others have heard some iffy report about Powerflow zorsts, but to be honest it comes down the the skill & care of the fitter.

How much did they charge for your centre section ? Is the pipe the same diameter as the Lexus OE one ?

I have removed the ski hatch properly already, tis an old pic mate :) the pipe cost 70pounds I expect this was mainly labour, although it didnt take to long to do if I'm honest. The pipe is bigger than OEM I think although this space was mainly taken up by a big box type of thing :huh: not overly sure what it did. Whether it was to help silence the car more, or control pressures & gases. I'm not to sure, matt or dave or anyone in the know can explain this. It sounds alot better but if I had the chance I'd either go for a full system, or buy an exhaust package with this sort of pipe already in it :D

• 2 months later...

Time for an update, I like easy mods & the changing of the LED in the back of the car was exactly that. After to speaking to Chris (Aztec) about the right fitting LED I quickly sourced it on eBay, a day or so later it arrived. So over eager tonight I quickly saw Wozza was online on MSN an he was helpful enough to tell me how to replace the old with the new, thanks very much to him for that advice.

See the many pics below of stock which was quite bright already I never noticed as it was always set to off lol.. Now to door ;)

The car with the stock light on

DSC00398.jpg

Rear Stock Light

DSC00399.jpg

Now Wozza advice was simple, use a flat screwdriver, start from the back and just push the plastic lense forward an it should pop out. To my surprise it was that simple lol..

Lense off

DSC00409.jpg

LED out - leave to cool if it's been on lol...

DSC00414.jpg

New 9 LED in blue

DSC00411.jpg

Fitted, make sure it's in the right way round or it doesnt work ;)

DSC00416.jpg

No Lense on with LED

DSC00417.jpg

Rear LED on with Front Map light, which is next on my list :D

DSC00418.jpg

Rear LED on with front Map on also

DSC00419.jpg

Just the LED front

DSC00420.jpg

From the rear so to speak :whistling:

DSC00425.jpg

Side shot, nice & bright

DSC00426.jpg

I gotta say I really like it & will be doing the Map Light asap, then ignition and then may attempt the footwells haha the mods have started again oh dear...

Another project I started tonight pics to follow:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links