Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dyno Disappointment

Been on a Dyno this morning and came away quite dissappointed.

I know TTE's figures for the charger will be the very best they could get but i thought with the Induction kit and exhaust i might be somewhere near it.

TTE: 182.15 lb/ft

201.15 Bhp

My car: 165.4 lb/ft

176.4Bhp (at Engine)

So i was pretty dissapointed.

I was told though and shown a graph of the AFR and it goes off scale at around 5200 (below 10.5) when it should be around 12 at its losest apparently.

So it was over fuelling.

Is this normal on the TTE superchargers or is something slightly wrong on mine or on its way out?

Stav

Edit: Here's my graphs.

Dyno1.jpg

Dyno2.jpg

You can see on the bottom one the AFR bottoming out.

if my understanding is correct the only way to obtaining a 100% accurate figure of power at the engine is with an engine dyno. however you can see the parasitic loads of the gearbox/drivetrain and then calculate a % of loss - so depends what the calculated loss was.

But I would have a look at all the hose clips as they do work loose and even a small leak can have substantial power losses.

Do you have a boost gauge fitted?

Perhaps you have a leak somewhere, or the belt is slipping. in the open-loop-mode at about 4000 the injectors do as much fuel as they can. TTE has made the kit for taking the full potential from the injectors. So there is definitely less air than there should be.

I have A/F of ~12 on high rpm and full throttle.

Silicon, but think i'm gonna check all my connections and also the temp sensor thing goes in near the intake manifold so gonna move it to the induction kit and replace that bit of hose so theres no holes in the piping or anything.

Stav

• 3 weeks later...

Running the Prolex intercooler with bumper cut away (see my thread here: Clicky

Also a standard manifold but with the Pre-cats removed, and TDi induction kit with Apexi filter.

Also got a HKS FCD which is a replacement for the TTE black box and slightly more reliable but it has adjustable settings so still in the process of working that out.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links