Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Playstation Ps1. Anyone?

I'm looking for a PS1 SCPH-1001 Playstation for hi-fi use. I'm a complete novice to gaming, but there was one that had proper Phono outlets on it, not just the usual output cable (Scart?)

Any help much appreciated, and I'll feed back the results of listening tests!

I'm looking for a PS1 SCPH-1001 Playstation for hi-fi use. I'm a complete novice to gaming, but there was one that had proper Phono outlets on it, not just the usual output cable (Scart?)

Any help much appreciated, and I'll feed back the results of listening tests!

Hi Chris,

Just checked my old ps1 and sorry, it only has the "multi out" on the back. You could break out the L+R audio channels on the scart lead by soldering a decent audio grade co-ax to the pins with phono plugs at the end.

I would like to know what experiment you are planning....hi-fi is a big hobby of mine!

Scott

It's the SCPH-1002 you'd want. SCPH-1001 is the NTSC version for USA/Canada, runs on 110 volts (and smokes like hell when you hook it to 240!). SCPH-1002 is PAL.

Word on the street is that the first gen ps1's made great cd players that rivaled the likes of arcam etc for audio fidelity. Personally i couldn't tell the difference.

Until the laser packed in, which is a very common problem with Playstations. My original Jap ps has the phono outputs and S-Video output sockets on the back. I was never really that impressed with the sound quality of audio cd's tho.

Word on the street is that the first gen ps1's made great cd players that rivaled the likes of arcam etc for audio fidelity. Personally i couldn't tell the difference.

Yes, that's what I'd read. Was trying to put together what 6 Moons site call a $266.77 system (I think) with PS1 (O.K. PS1-UK!) plus Sonic Impact amp and Zigmahornet speakers (single, full range units with custom drivers, that I plan to make when free time appears before I die). Supposed to sound quite awesome(ly better than you'd expect)

But I have plenty of spare CD players really anyway.......may check locally at games shops.

www.6moons.com.. great for suddenly sucking ££££s out of your account!

ive got an old ps1 some where m8 , ill have to have a look in the loft, but im sure it has phono's out , there is a big connector that plugs into the back, 2 for audio and 1 for vid , im sure of it

let me have a look

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links