Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loooking To Buy An Is200

ibby

Ive waited over the entire weekend for my forum activation! :whistling:

I basically want to buy a Lexus IS200.

I have a Price limit of 4k£ and just wanted to know of any "known problems" with the lexus car.

Would apreciate it if someone could answer the following..

1) High mileage lexus Ie 100k>150k, How relaible are the engines and other componetns

2) Has the gearbox got any known problems, Ie sycrons? cluth problems?

3) Any other bearings or bushs that need to be replaced after a set mileage?

Also, i noticed that some of the IS200s have SE attached to them, what does that mean? is it a trim level?

Does any one have a link to the service schedule

many thanks

if you look at the home page of the website there is a buying guide there in the knowledge section that should answer all your questions.

Here

The engines are great and will go forever,

There are three models; The S which has the smallest spec, The SE, which is the luxury, and The Sport which has the same spec as the SE and a couple of sporty bits.

Stav

if you look at the home page of the website there is a buying guide there in the knowledge section that should answer all your questions.

Here

The engines are great and will go forever,

There are three models; The S which has the smallest spec, The SE, which is the luxury, and The Sport which has the same spec as the SE and a couple of sporty bits.

Stav

thanks,

I already found that information buy using the search button :D

thanks

im not that far away in Sheffield, i have a an IS thats now getting close to 120k and my mate yesterday didnt believe it had done that as its still quiet as a mouse.

you will be fine with a higher milage one as long as its been looked after, full service history etc, just make sure the timing belt has been changed.

Mine has 130k on the clock and runs silently! It's only an S but has everything an SE has bar the sunroof, half leather and headlight washers!

im in Leeds (near the Airport) if you'd like to have a look at mine!?

Thanks for the offer :D

I really apreciate it :)

no worries, PM me if you decide to come could maybe meet you at the M606 in Bradford if you're coming from Manchester!? I think mine would be what you're looking for! Unfortunately its not for sale, :lol:

I live in wakefield :whistling:

the Man bit in the location field is where i work

and stop trying to sell me your car :tomato:

there is a problem with the gearbox - the syncros/cones wear so you get a crunch on 2nd gear and a restriction when entering 3rd on lower rpms - at high rpms its ok, you also get driveline snatch when going on/off throttle . there is clutch/flywheel judder and can be caused by a shot flywheel as its a 2 piece unit using rubber dampers between the 2 pieces.

also check for inner tyre wear as the IS has a prob with this - but if the wheels are set up properly you wont get it

there is a problem with the gearbox - the syncros/cones wear so you get a crunch on 2nd gear and a restriction when entering 3rd on lower rpms - at high rpms its ok, you also get driveline snatch when going on/off throttle . there is clutch/flywheel judder and can be caused by a shot flywheel as its a 2 piece unit using rubber dampers between the 2 pieces.

also check for inner tyre wear as the IS has a prob with this - but if the wheels are set up properly you wont get it

thanks for that information!

I really apreciate the input.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links