Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shell Pay At Pump

IS300

Hi

Just a quick question to all those that use the SHELL Pay at Pump facility when refueling.

I use it quite a lot (when it's working!) but on a couple of occasions i've not been issued with a receipt (Garage not put in a new till roll) when i've gone into the shop they tell me I can print off a receipt from another pump within 24 hours of refueling. How is this done and how do you get YOUR receipt and not someone elses???

Hi

Just a quick question to all those that use the SHELL Pay at Pump facility when refueling.

I use it quite a lot (when it's working!) but on a couple of occasions i've not been issued with a receipt (Garage not put in a new till roll) when i've gone into the shop they tell me I can print off a receipt from another pump within 24 hours of refueling. How is this done and how do you get YOUR receipt and not someone elses???

You would need to know the pump number, the amount you spent, and the time of day. Everything a pump does is of course logged, so they would be able to trawl back through the records and press 'print receipt'. Also it should have at least part of your credit card number showing, so you can match it up to precisely the transaction that was yours.

PITA though, I go in the shop - less effort all round.

They told me that I could print off my receipt from another 'pump' ! I noticed that on the Pay At Pump facility that there is a button you can press that says ' Re-Print Receipt'. But how on earth does it know what receipt to print (cos you wouldn't want someone elses), the only thing I can think of is if it requires you to slot-in your Shell loyalty card again and then it would know from that.

Cos I fill-up a full tank every two to three days, I find the Pay at Pump really usefull. It's a lot quicker than queing-up behind the schoolkids buying their breakfast/lunch :angry: (mars bars, crisps etc..), this way it's a lot quicker on and off the pump. B)

Pay at pump only lets you put £60 in then you have to start all over again. Why should we have to pay at pump? They're just trying to save themselves money by cutting back on staff - and making the process irritating at best. That's my second rant of the evening, I'll stop now!

Has anyone who has used the pay at pump feature know whether at any point during the transaction it asks you whether you have a Shell points card?

When you pull-up at the pump, you press the button that says 'pay at pump' as soon as you press that you then insert your shell point card, that card is only in for a second or two until it tells you to remove it and then insert a credit card, once thats in you then enter your pin code, once thats done you remove your credit card and fill up. When you've filled-up it should automatically issue you with a receipt (That's when the staff can be bothered to renew the roll of paper that is!)

Pay at pump only lets you put £60 in then you have to start all over again.

That made me laugh. I thought - this could only be a luxury car owner's forum, couldn't it... Then I realised that with petrol at a quid a litre, even something 'ordinary' like a Ford Focus might not get a proper fill for £60!!

At risk of sounding rather older than my 32 years, my first car was a Rover Metro which cost about £15 to fill when I had it in the summer of '96! They did have very small tanks, mind...

i use to use pay at pump, only at esso, shell or tesco stations. but my girlfriend tried it once, a couple of days later the card company calls and asks "are you spending in spain?" :sad:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links