Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cambelt Question

He worked 4 Lexus in Doncaster but we lost our Lexus dealership so now he works 4 himself

Your not local 2 me r u ? we av a Scunthorpe ?

Work in scunthorpe and live in stoke m8, so always up and down the m18, stay in scunny while at work then commute back stoke every 5-6 days or so and have 3-4 days off

Did wounder with the 4ward slash, it`s just off the M18 ;)

• 1 year later...
He worked 4 Lexus in Doncaster but we lost our Lexus dealership so now he works 4 himself

Your not local 2 me r u ? we av a Scunthorpe ?

Have you got contact details for your mate - I am looking to get an 80k service and cam belt done soon

I know Roe's in Scunny will be mega money!

Someone on here said they were quoted £1000

i just did my timing belt (i believe this is what you guys are calling a cam belt).

i also replaced the water pump, and flushed my radiator,

replaced my spark plugs and did the oil/filter change, rotated tires...

i did all the work myself, and that water pump was a pain.

other than that, everything else was pretty much self explanatory.

i think i spilled antifreeze on my intake when i was removing my radiator,

because my maf sensor went out.

if you do decide to do this yourself, make sure you are in a facility that has pneumatic/air drivers.

getting the crank bolt out without it could be difficult if you don't.

the timing belt i pulled out, looked fine, i honestly think that it could have lasted another 100k,

but, it is a belt, not a chain. definitely better to do the scheduled preventative maintenance.

plus, having all that stuff apart, and off of the motor, gives you a chance to look around in there,

see if anything else looks like it needs replacing.

my is200.came with no guaranteed service history.has done 78000 miles.paid the man the cash and drove it home 250 miles.on removal of the cambelt covers i found the cambelt was half the width it should be.lucky man me thinks.when doing a deal i always add to the asking price the cost of a major service.best be comfortable knowing that your pride and joy is in tip top condition.

The cam belt is one of those jobs that should be done when its recomended or as near as possible at least you have peace of mind then. I had my done soon as poosible after i brought mine, as there wasnt anything in the service history about the cambelt be done and i was surpiced that it was cheaper to get it from lexus then anywere else.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links