Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Though I Saw .. A Bargin Of The Century .. Turned Out To Be A Dog

ibby

Whilst on my conquest for an IS200 SE I came accross an IS200 advertised on eBay.

Sounded perfect.

2000 Lexus IS 200 Navigator System Sport 2.0L in Blue

Full Service History, 12 Months Warranty, 12 Months MOT

REG W983 0AP

location of the Trader

" 401 Oundle Road

Orton Longueville

PE2 7DA Peterborough

"

"For sale is this Lexus IS200 Navigator System Sport 2.0L on a W Plate, 2000. It has covered 82,000 Miles from new and has a beige/cream leather/suede interior. It is a 6 Speed manual with built in Satellitte Navigation system. The car is fully loaded with Heated front seats and electric seats, electric windows, electric sunroof, Climate control, CD Player Electric mirrors, Traction control option and even a snow driving option. The car looks great in Blue and drives superbly. The car has a full service history which is part lexus and part toyota and will come with 12 Months MOT, 12 Months warranry which includes breakdown cover and also it will have a PDI inspection service. The car is in good condition inside and out for the year and the vehicle is HPi clear. This is a great car and looks the part also. Many more features...too many to list!

**WE CONSIDER ALL DEALS/OFFERS/PART EXCHANGES!!**

**REDUCED FROM £5495"

So i phoned the traded up, spoke to them on 5 diffrent occasions about the car, checked the service history Over the phone.. , trader claimed the car was HPI clear, NO knocks, NO paint.. Car was perfect.

So after some think'ing... I though and more looking on autotrader, I didnt think i was going to get the same car priced elsewhere..

so i phoned them again, and comfirmed the above..

again they said car was in imaculate condition.. and they would entertaint offers. - Fantastic!

I looked around on the website and eBay.

"Established for 30 years and still growing, visit us online anytime at www.longuevillecarsales.co.uk. We pride ourselves on being honest, flexible and reliable.

"

So yesterday phoned them again this time round sopke to someone else... again the same story,

so yesterday me and two otherguys set off on a 170 miles trip from leeds to peterbrough.

It took us 3 hours to get their.. and was I disapointed.

instantly when i saw the car, i knew all was not well. :crying:

Car had a flakey paint on the bumper..

Closer inspection showed..

1 - Bonnet has been respared very badly..

2 - both wings had been respared ..

3 - Neighter the bonnet matched with the car.. Nor did the wings, 4 seprate shades of blue.

4 - The bumper was so badly done that the blue paint was flaking off and the green had started to show under that.

5 - Head light brackets were broken..

6 - Bits of plastic trim missing from the engine bay

7 - Boot was not alligned correctly, and made a rubbing noise when open'ed and closed

8 - Plastic undercarriage was damaged

9 - windscreen was cracked

10 - masking tape marks around the front of the car, Bonnet both wings bumper.

I asked him about the advert, all this was advertised .. in the add..

So i showed him the advert, and told him he was a timewasting turd. I told him i had just drove 170 miles to see a car which was in a worse state then any others i have seen.

He was adament and kept using the term, "trust me, the car has not had an accident".

Over all.. 340 Miles round trip..

a waste of a full day..

My advise to any one who maybe looking at buying an IS200 is to keep away from this one.

eBay ITEM 230169128439

Car Reg W983 OAP

and stay away from

longue ville car sales THey are very bad traders. BEWARE

looks like these longue ville car sales need reporting to trading standards if you need the phone number pm me

people like that realy get my :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

gutted for ya fella :crying:

pmed you

You should tell Trading Standards.

Tradings standards - Not a bad idea.

by the way if you should go to a lexus dealer you will know the car will be right you may pay a bit more but it will be as they say :)

thats not entirely true..as some of us are well aware :tsktsk:

looks like these longue ville car sales need reporting to trading standards if you need the phone number pm me

people like that realy get my :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

gutted for ya fella :crying:

Ive reported it to trading standards, they are going to pass it on for information, and investigate it.

You should tell Trading Standards.

Done sir.

know how you feel... travel all that well after being told it was immaculate and then turns out to be a dog.

I couldnt belive the guys nerver when he said.. get it insured and claim off your windscreen cover.

- i pointed that out to him thats fraud..

by the way if you should go to a lexus dealer you will know the car will be right you may pay a bit more but it will be as they say :)

Ive looked at local lexus dealers nothing fits my price range.

PM me at the end of next month i will have what your looking for :D

You'll need more dosh though.

- Cant afford any more!

put a price on it!

sorry to hear about the trip mate. im sure the right car for you is just round the corner. You'll have one in no time and you'll look back and think it was worth it!

Maybe be. I should just get a Honda.

((((( HUGS )))))

thanks x

sorry to hear about your wasted trip m8 hope you get a good one soon

I hope too

Post a review on eBay, hopefully it'll get picked up on the left-hand side when people look on these listings, and will warn people away.

i'll do that was well..

Sorry to hear that mate as thats a heck of a lot of miles to be screwed over like that!!

Just when you think you've found a good bargain its always a pain ot find out not all is as expected!

I'd report it if i was you!!!

Its beeing reported to TS. In total i was onsite for 10 minutes, I was fuming!

PM me at the end of next month i will have what your looking for :D

You'll need more dosh though.

- Cant afford any more!

put a price on it!

No point if you aint got more.

It would be still good to know what diffrent cars fetch on the market. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links