Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Strut Brace?

Paul-J

• 3 months later...

Hi I am a newbie... Bought my IS200 a couple of weeks ago. Have been thinking of adding a front strut brace and have seen this one http://www.japspeed.co.uk/is200-front-uppe...brace-437-p.asp £79. My understaning is that i would just attached this to my car and would see an improvement in road handling (around corners would be great) , am i correct in thinking its that easy?

Hi I am a newbie... Bought my IS200 a couple of weeks ago. Have been thinking of adding a front strut brace and have seen this one http://www.japspeed.co.uk/is200-front-uppe...brace-437-p.asp £79. My understaning is that i would just attached this to my car and would see an improvement in road handling (around corners would be great) , am i correct in thinking its that easy?

Hello matey welcome to the club :D

If you want better cornering i'd try and find a set of uprated ARBS's (anti roll bars) to stiffen up the car as they reduce body roll quite a lot and improve the handling ? :D

If you want better cornering i'd try and find a set of uprated ARBS's (anti roll bars) to stiffen up the car as they reduce body roll quite a lot and improve the handling ? :D

True :D

i have a lovely strut brace for sale if ur interested......... :winky:

Thanks, I will do some reserach on the ARBS's and see how much i can get them for and fitted...

But ultimately, the front upper strut brace is the easiest to fit - but as above, you will notice handling improvements more with ARBs.

Regards,

Jamie

much much more!!!!! :whistling:

Okay guys so how much would i notice better handling with the strut brace and then the same question with the ARBS's...

But ultimately, the front upper strut brace is the easiest to fit - but as above, you will notice handling improvements more with ARBs.

Regards,

Jamie

much much more!!!!! :whistling:

Okay guys so how much would i notice better handling with the strut brace and then the same question with the ARBS's...

the front strut brace does tighten the handling up a little. Its more responsive on the nose end and feels more direct around the bends.

lowering springs are a big improvement as the cars centre of gravity is lowered and therefore less body roll and better handling. They'll cost you about £150 and fitting on top.

the ARB's are the best mod to make in terms of handling as the chassis stiffness is increased (depending on what ARBs you get) and there is less flex on the twisty bits.

Unfortunately, in this country ARBs will cost a small fortune. You're looking at about £330 with fitting on top (though you can do it yourself). I got mine when i was in the states and brought them back on the plane. ended up paying half that amount for a manufacturer, which IMHO, is one of the best when it comes to suspension components.

there's nothing stopping you having all 3, I did have, but had to get rid of the strut brace because it doesn't fit over the supercharger airbox.

do it bit by bit if u like fella.

hope that helps mate.

Yea that makes sense i think doing it in stages will be good as i will slowely feel the improvements and it wont be a huge hit on the wallet... Thanks for the info as all this is totally new to me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links