Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Essential Mods

ste123

When you say 'get the most out of it' are you talking performance ?

Without bolting on a supercharger ..... you could go down the induction / exhaust route ... but then you'd ideally need to get it mapped to keep it running right :)

so theres some benefits to have from induction kits and exhausts? hmmm

Read a post about geometry settings before, unfortunately the doctor is quite a way from lancashire :( is there anywhere closer that would set my geometry to the 'wim' settings?

Cheers

Ste

I think what SV was saying that if you go for the induction+exhaust you'll need to get it mapped for it to run most efficiently, seeing as the OEM ECU is not mappable you'd have to get an aftermarket ECU :(

Theres a garage in Drury Lane, near Manchester, that WIM recommends. Quite a few members on here have also used them.

Agreed. Mods are totally budget dependant and what you want the final product to look like. As a basic I'd suggest:

- HID lights

- Geometry

- Tinted glass (if that's your bag)

- Springs (if bizarrely you want to make your Lexus more uncomfortable - I've never understood why but that's my opinion)

- Sports grille

Of course the sky is your limit and if you get into the realms of superchargers, turbos, coilovers (no idea what they are or what they do but I thought I'd try to look clever), exhausts, arb's (i know what they are but can't see the point), audio and navigation syems and so on, then you're getting into the realms of scary money and if you want to, then there's few better ways of spending money than creating your own little vision of perfection.

Anyone on here will advise on their own opinion, you just have to go with what you want.

Keith :)

AKA the voice of reason! :lol:

cheers guys

Will fancy spark plugs really make a noticeable difference? Iunderstand that obviously a good spark will ignite the fuel better than a weak one, but are iridium jobbies much different than good condition, run of the mill ones!

and what are the benefits of HID lights?

Cheers

Ste

I certainly noticed my car run smoother with iridiums and some say the fuel ecomomy is better too but i cant say i monitor the fuel that much as to notice. The HIDs just look better IMHO but they do make a difference driving vision with the low beam ones but i have heard the full beam ones are too bright and road signs are just a glare.TBH i have the low beam ones and i never use my full beam anymore

Aftermarket ECUs (how much?)...never knew you could get them and didn't know you had to remap the ecu if an induction kit and exhaust was involved (what happens if you don't get an aftermarket ecu and remap it?). Also when you say remap it is it something lexus/toyota would do for a price, or would they just go, NO to? sorry about highjacking the post but many more questions have been opened up and i want answers!! lol

if you dont remap it you wont get full effect. the standard one cant be remapped.best to go to a tuner to get it mapped. ecu's are expensive and id say if your only fitting exhaust and filter its not worth it just do it for the sound as its not going to make that big of a power difference

cheers! I really cant wait to go pick it up! :D it'l be the first nice car ive had for a wile! my last car was a 205 GTi, which was amazing fun to drive, but it rattled like mad and broke down on a regular bases! haha!

I may not do too much to it, as long as I dont get hooked on the idea of blowers or engine swaps! haha!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links