Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Owners Club Cancer Research Team

I would like to take this opportunity to extend my congratulations, and personal thanks, to those LOC members who are participating in the Cancer Research Project.

In the six months we have been running this program, we have contributed 5 years of research.

A significant milestone indeed!

Well done everybody!

If any of our newer members wish to join in this project, and help us get to the decade figure even quicker, I have provided some quick links to information below

Click here for background information on Cancer Research project

Click here to download the software

Once you have installed the software then Click here to join Team Lexus - The Lexus Owners Club Cancer Research Team

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say thanks to everyone too.

Yesterday was a bad day for my family and I as I found out that my grandfather has been diagnosed with Bowel Cancer and has been given less than two years to live.

Although he can have an operation they said he was have 20-1 chance of surviving the operation.

So.. Please everyone download the software and just let it run in the background and help fight this nasty disease.

The software is transparent and does not slow your computer down at all.

Please help everyone!

thankx

Wow - how on earth did I miss this?

I too have to say thanks to everyone. Having got over throat cancer myself, I know I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for the research undetaken. Mine was pinpointed and exact drugs were given to combat it - 12 months out of my life to live the rest of it.

Everybody should do this. A small amount of processing power (if any) to save peoples lives? Hardly a price to pay is there?

Sorry to hear about you're grandfather, its hard. I know I'm lucky - others could be too if more people jump onto it.

Everyone - you can save lives.

Wow - how on earth did I miss this?

I normally push this a fair bit Geoffers, but had left it for a while for fear of annoying / boring everyone.

But five years of processing was just too significant a milestone to miss.

Glad to hear that you recovered - always great to hear those sort of stories.

:)

Absolute least I could do - you can never repay people who devote hours into this and they need all the help they can get.

Wish I'd known of it sooner - I'm sure you wouldn't annoy/bore people pushing it. I would have gone for it even before my own trouble.

Maybe a permanent advertisment on the page header?

Zee - hope you mean on both of those Vaios? ( ;) )

One is a work laptop I'm afraid - so they are "locked down" as it were.... :(

but mine will be on lots - so expect the points to start racking up!!! :D

I joined a while ago and for some reason my efforts are not displayed on the charts on the website. :( It does all the processing work on the PC and when it reaches 100% it goes back to zero and starts again. I take it this is when it should update the web page :unsure:

I guess it's not working correctly on my PC. I'll have a look this evening and re-install it if I have to :)

Ifraz

double click the UD AGent application in your system tray (its a small blue oval)

Look in the top right hand corner, it should say Members Name, Total Points and Total CPU Time.

Are these figures blank? Or are there values in them.

It sounds like the application is working, and you are not creditting the team - if these figures are present, then we know the application is working, and you are returning results (and that is the important thing!)

If you have these values, then click on the "View your scores and rewards" link - sign in, and look at the very bottom of the screen - it will show you what team youare a member of. What does it say there?

If you let me know what happens when you do the above, well work on getting you into "the team"!

Ifraz

double click the UD AGent application in your system tray (its a small blue oval)

Look in the top right hand corner, it should say Members Name, Total Points and Total CPU Time.

It sounds like the application is working, and you are not creditting the team - if these figures are present, then we know the application is working, and you are returning results (and that is the important thing!)

If you have these values, then click on the "View your scores and rewards" link - sign in, and look at the very bottom of the screen - it will show you what team youare a member of. What does it say there?

If you let me know what happens when you do the above, well work on getting you into "the team"!

Thanks Matt...I check it tonight and let you know ;)

Are you using a firewall or proxy? If so, just check you've allowed it through.

Nope, there's no firewall or proxy to go through.

what OS are you running mate?

If you have Win XP Home - then there is a firewall installed and running out of the box.

Windows 2000

I feel quite strongly about Cancer research. I have lost some very good friends and a pet to it's vile clutches. I donate to Cancer Research monthly. Not much, but enough to at least make me feel I am doing something. Sadly, I believe that at some stage of our lives, each and everyone of us will be affected by Cancer in some way, either indirectly or directly. This is one of the most honourable causes to help with and I for one will do all I can.

I've just signed up my work PC, and will do the same when I get home this evening.

I feel quite strongly about Cancer research. I have lost some very good friends and a pet to it's vile clutches. I donate to Cancer Research monthly. Not much, but enough to at least make me feel I am doing something. Sadly, I believe that at some stage of our lives, each and everyone of us will be affected by Cancer in some way, either indirectly or directly. This is one of the most honourable causes to help with and I for one will do all I can.

I've just signed up my work PC, and will do the same when I get home this evening.

Good man torrent.

the beauty of this project is that it is made up of hundreds of thousands of people all "doing a little bit" which adds up to a huge amount of research

Check the project stats - over 1 million people and 2 million devices have contributed over 205 thousand years of processing - an astounding figure

It says my name but there isn't any values in the Total Points and Total CPU Time

When I click on the View your scores and rewards link, nothing happens. It doesn't connect to the website. I have since installed in on another PC and this bit works on that.

I think it doesn't work on this PC, I'll re-install it and start again, :( unless you have any ideas as to how to fix it. :unsure:

before doing something drastic like re-installing, try this.

give it the three fingered salute (ctrl - alt - del) and bring up the task manager.

click the processes tab

find the process called ud_nnnnnnn.exe - end this process (where nnnnnn is a number)

this aborts the work unit you are currently working on, and forces the download of a fresh one - could be a corrupt WU.

then wait until that is processed completely to see if it updates your stats.

let me know how that works out for you mate?

matt

just downloaded software, installed and signed up.

i run the UD device thingy thats in the taskbar, it says my name and it says task computer time but nothing on the points or total computer time.

is that coz i only been running the program for a couple of minutes??

oh by the way i cant join the LOC team as with the problems im having with the PC it wont let me view most webpages on most sites.

LOC is the only site that i use that comlpletely works.

maybe im jus gonna smash the PC to pieces or do a sytem reset and start from scratch

matt

just downloaded software, installed and signed up.

i run the UD device thingy thats in the taskbar, it says my name and it says task computer time but nothing on the points or total computer time.

is that coz i only been running the program for a couple of minutes??

oh by the way i cant join the LOC team as with the problems im having with the PC it wont let me view most webpages on most sites.

LOC is the only site that i use that comlpletely works.

maybe im jus gonna smash the PC to pieces or do a sytem reset and start from scratch

Good man Mitch!

you will have no stats at all yet - they don't start accumulating until you complete work units.

Not being in the LOC team is a bitof a pain - means you aren't "one of the team", but thats only a bit of fun.

The main thing is you are churning molecules, and contributing to the project.

I'll repeat the offer I made up in the pm mate - I'm up and down the M6 every week, can pop in and look at your machine if you want, try and patch it up for you?

Or if you back your data, I'll do you a full clean install, with anti virus installed and working from day one?

This week will be down Wednesday night and back up Friday night - but both nights will probably at the time you are working :(

Or a few weeks later, a Sunday afternoon - probably better for you?

As long as you can lay on a few cups of coffee ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links