Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving To Berlin

trooper00

If you are planning to drive into Berlin city centre or one of a few other German city centres then you will need a sticker on your car!!

This is obligatory and is necessary even if driving in for a day!!! I guess not too many non-Germans know about this and even here the signs are only in German.

The good news is that it's only €5 and lasts forever. The bad news is that failure to display a ticket carries a €40 fine.

more info here:

http://www.berlin.de/sen/umwelt/luftqualit...oschuere_en.pdf

Cleaner air for Berlin!!!!!!!!!!! :driving:

ill be grand so! im traveling to /Germany in FEB, run my car on E85(Ethanol) so ill be fine!! few Jerry cans in the boot. "Ich verstehe sie nicht!"

Hi you run your car on E85(Ethanol)? That's really interesting, because up to know I thought it's not possible. The reason is that a few month ago I found a lexus statement, that the engines are note suiteable for E85(Ethanol). What kind of system you are using?

Maybe we should start a thread for alternative gas like E85(Ethanol), LPG, CNG and so on. I'm running my IS300 since 2 years on LPG (Autogas). It's cheap and is working perfect....

Best Regards

Sonnet

ill be grand so! im traveling to /Germany in FEB, run my car on E85(Ethanol) so ill be fine!! few Jerry cans in the boot. "Ich verstehe sie nicht!"

Hi you run your car on E85(Ethanol)? That's really interesting, because up to know I thought it's not possible. The reason is that a few month ago I found a lexus statement, that the engines are note suiteable for E85(Ethanol). What kind of system you are using?

Maybe we should start a thread for alternative gas like E85(Ethanol), LPG, CNG and so on. I'm running my IS300 since 2 years on LPG (Autogas). It's cheap and is working perfect....

Best Regards

Sonnet

:offtopic: Been using it in my car for the last 6 months or so, using this system. Either start a new thread or PM me for more info

Been using it in my car for the last 6 months or so, using this system. Either start a new thread or PM me for more info

Thanks for the quick reply, the information and the advise ;)

I think I will start a new topic next year....

Regarding the geen sticker I can say, that Berlin plans to establish an introduction time from - I think - January to March 2008. In this time everybody (locals and visitors) who are entering the "Umwelt Zone" without this green sticker (gasoline/diesel vehicles must have yellow or red) just get an information without the nescessairity to pay something. And then from April.....no excuse anymore :crybaby: !!!

Cheers

Sonnet

From 4th Feb Greater London/Surrey/Kent/Essex has a 'low emission zone' too, I agree something needs to be done to reduce the problems, but it has given Mayor Ken an excuse to rip us off even more ;)

Info here

Immediate vehicles to be affected are (non-green) Lorries, Buses & Coaches, large vans & mini-buses which is guaranteed to put up the cost of ALL deliveries and services etc as the cost will be passed onto the consumer.

This will then following with a charge for smaller vans & no doubt end up with cars being charged too ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links