Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - Cigarette Burn From Nye!

Right, need some advice guys!

A stupid friend some how managed to put a massive cigarette burn in my passenger seat during the New Year celebrations, see pics... :shutit:

Can anyone recommend a company that may be able to repair or should I speak to Lexus? Also, what can I expect repair wise and what would I be looking at in terms of cost? :crybaby:

As its on the passenger seat my eyes cant help but notice it all the time so I really need to do something about it!

post-8870-1199263135.jpg

post-8870-1199263146.jpg

post-8870-1199263160.jpg

post-8870-1199263176.jpg

post-8870-1199263188.jpg

That's completely outrageous - I can't believe a friend would do that to your car! There are companies that repair cigarette burns but I don't know how effective they are on a one that size and that obvious. I think that you would always find your eye drawn to it, no matter how good the repair. For me the only option is a new bottom cushion and seat cover from Lexus. And get your mate to pay.

That's completely outrageous - I can't believe a friend would do that to your car! There are companies that repair cigarette burns but I don't know how effective they are on a one that size and that obvious. I think that you would always find your eye drawn to it, no matter how good the repair. For me the only option is a new bottom cushion and seat cover from Lexus. And get your mate to pay.

I'm with you on this one. Get a quote for the work, take it to your mate, then take it from there.

Smoking's an expensive habit, perhaps finding out how expensive will be an incentive for him to give up.

Cost wise, well it cost me £65 on a VW 7yrs ago now, thay put a new bit of fabric in the seat, it didn't look !00% as the fabric was as best thay could get at the time. Best to try the car re-trim places 1st, to see if thay can get the same fabric, other than them, its lexus and im sure you will know that lexus will cost more but it will be 100% spot on.

As the others have said, get your mate to pay.

hi, i know how much of pain that is....you can try these guys : http://www.trim-tech.co.uk/

....they did my car and its quite invisble to begin with but over time you can see a ring where they repaired it (no hole though) -although it might be less obvious with a cream interior.

the problem is that these invisble repairs are usually for used cars being 'touched up' for sale, so its not very permanent for areas that are constantly in use. i also had it done for the fabric on the A-pillar and its looked as new since.

Thanks for the replies guys...

The person responsible, or the one I have pointed the finger at as I cant see how it could have been anyone else, has apologised profusely...

I'm trying to not let it get to me as when I saw it I was extremely worked up and it made me lose my appetite and therefore ruin the lunch I was about to have! Trying to have the 'its only a car' thoughts now...

Really gutted though, just wish it was on one of the back seats so I cant see it all the time...

Now that its done, I'm mainly concerned about it getting worse, especially as its so deep (goes right to what I believe is the heated seat bit)... I think that a rivet on a pair of jeans could easily get caught and then rip the seat...

While i'm trying to find a proper solution I think a trip to Hobbycraft to buy some black foam may be in order...

:crybaby:

No-one (even the Girlfriend) smokes in my Lexus

Try Automotive Repair Systems

Theses guys do it all from Interior Trim & Dask to Exterior Bumper Scrapes

and Alloy Wheels. I recommend them only because they did my alloys a while

back, and everyone from LOC that has seen them has commented how nice a

job they did. Very professional.

Best of luck & hope the mate pays the bill or he/she is no mate.

Wozza

Gutted for you mate

No one with a ciggy comes near our car

It won't be 100% unless you replace the seat. As the cars are quire new, you might get away with replacing one seat and unless you can fnd one at a salvage yard...

Try your car insurance....or even home contents insurance, sometimes they over you for stuff like this.

i had that once on the back seat.. thought the ciggy went out the window but ended up on the back seat as the wind blew it back in.. made a right mess.

When you got home was the car like the one in Planes, Trains and Automobiles? :lol:

I had one similar a few years ago. Took it to a place and they very cleverly managed to stretch the fabric and put another seam in. Right across like the one already in the seats. I was surprised at how good it looked actually. Cost me £25.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links