Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hid's On Se-l And Sport

SE-L and Sports model of the IS250 comes with HID but what I dont understand is why is the parking light yellowish? the main beam seems nice and whitish/blueish whereas the low beam parking bulb right next to it is a bit yellowish.

SE-L and Sports model of the IS250 comes with HID but what I dont understand is why is the parking light yellowish? the main beam seems nice and whitish/blueish whereas the low beam parking bulb right next to it is a bit yellowish.

Different techonoloy mate - the bulbs in th Parking lights are conventional bulbs, with standard filaments. They normally burn yellowish - like your house lights.

HID's burn in a totally different way, producing a high intensity purer, brighter and whitish/blueish light by discharging the light. That's how I understand it.

Someone on this forum will no doubt be able to exaplain it better...

i understand that but just wondering why they didnt make the parking lights hid aswell or use some sort of alternative to make the lights blend well instead of having a yellowish tint

i understand that but just wondering why they didnt make the parking lights hid aswell or use some sort of alternative to make the lights blend well instead of having a yellowish tint

Presumably down to cost again....although a Hid bulb draws less power with 3 times the light they are more expensive initially. The parking light is still fit for purpose though, even if you don't like the aesthetics.

i'm just wondering what Kelvin temp the default discharge bulb in the IS 250 is? does anyone know? it seems to me like it might be around 4300k, i'm just wondering what it is and if anyone has changed the kelvin temp on theres?

i'm planning to swap the W5W wedge parking bulb next to the low beam discharge bulb with with LED. but i was interested in knowing if anyone knows what kelvin temp the actual HID bulb is? you get them from around 4300k, 6000k, 8000k etc. mine just doesnt seem whitish/blueish enough

OEM HID's are quite low... usually 4300k or at most 6000k...

Try to use Luxeon flux LED's as they are much brighter..

I have some with one forward facing Flux LED, and 4 sideward facing normal LED's these work very well...

Oh, and only get white ones... the dibbles don't like other colours... especially blue ones.

John

I am looking at changing the colour temp of my default HID bulb. I am just wondering does anyone know what type of HID bulb the IS 250 takes? i read somewhere that it is D4S Bulb. and i've come across Xtreme HID 6000k D4S bulbs, if these are the correct ones then i might place an order

I have found out that the default factory fitted OEM HID bulb that comes with the IS 250 SE-L and Sport is a DS4 type Discharge Bulb. The default one supplied has a colour temp of 4300k. I've found some sites based in the US that sell direct replacements for these OEM DS4 bulbs and they sell the 6000k and the 8000k. I'm thinking of ordering a pair of 6000k DS4 bulbs

When you say parking lights, are you meaning sidelights?

if so just get some tinted ones, the outer lens is blue when tuened ofd, but when the bulb is on it glows a very white colour.

I did this to My IS200 and this was the result, the bulbs came free when i upgraded to standard filament white zenon bulbs but they are cheap as chips on eBay or Halfords etc.

Mod-StandardSide3.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links