Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally The First Wim Centre

Tony-Bones

Lord. Thanks for the reply Tony.

All I can say is I didn't notice any coloured lines, and I've just had a look now and can't see anything on the tyres.

Oh, and since the job the steering wheel is slightly off centre - so I have to keep some pressure on it all the time to keep travelling straight on, which I didn't have to do before. If I straighten the wheel the car drives well left. I've tried driving on the other side of the road too in case it's just following the camber and it's reduced but still does it.

When I rang the place and told them that they instantly said "never seen that before in 20 years, bring it back but it will cost you so check it" which is why I thought of you giving it a proper checkout.

I assume the steering is down to the right?..... Thing is if they didn't adjust the alignment then the only change to the car was pneumatic....

Very...very few tyre centres know what those lines on the tyre are for!!... A simple test is to move the front wheels side-to-side, if the car drives straight or pulls right then you know what's the criminal.

I would love to see you and calibrate the car but what i won't do is wast your time money on something i don't feel is chassis related.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the steering is down to the right.

Ok, Tony, your advice has been great. Thank you.

I'll get the wheels swapped left to right (not unidirectional tyres thank goodness) and see if that makes it pull right, thus narrowing it down. If it does then I can get just one flipped round and hopefully that will solve it.

I take your point about it not being geometry related too, so I'll try all that before going further down that line.

Yes, the steering is down to the right.

Ok, Tony, your advice has been great. Thank you.

I'll get the wheels swapped left to right (not unidirectional tyres thank goodness) and see if that makes it pull right, thus narrowing it down. If it does then I can get just one flipped round and hopefully that will solve it.

I take your point about it not being geometry related too, so I'll try all that before going further down that line.

Yep just one tyre will do.... NSF is my favorite since this is aggravated by the road crown.

Don't know if I have said it before, but all the best for the business Tony.

I hope to come see you when you are open........

Will you be offering good rates on tyres too?

Rob

Don't know if I have said it before, but all the best for the business Tony.

I hope to come see you when you are open........

Will you be offering good rates on tyres too?

Rob

Thanks..... Yes i will compete retail with online tyre prices (within reason) since my fitting equipment is absolutely state of the art involving laser tyre fitting and laser/ lateral balancing.

• 2 weeks later...

Tony,

Are you up and running yet? Need my geometry sorting out asap! Very skittish set up at the moment!

Ps: Take it you'll do me a good price for waiting so long!? :P ;)

The builders have nearly finished with the two new entrances... The mezzanine floor is due to go up later this month then all the equipment can go in....

The delay has been the mezzanine.... problem being it's made to measure and you are in a production queue.

i know how you feel mate, i wanted to book in before Germany on Thursday,

Hope you get it sorted quickly though Tony.

Stav

I'm more desperate than anyone to open the centre.... At one million pounds i have a hefty bill to pay for each non operational day.

Like it or not the adjustments to the bear centre has to be done, obviously the sooner the better!! but once open i know everyone will be gob smacked at the equipment alone...... Roll on the open day :)

I think a road trip will be in order then!

I hope so... The open day is for all clubs who know wim... we will have some surprising cars on view?... Later in the year we will have knowledge day meets LOC only were we calibrate members cars free in order to educate what this Geometry lark is all about, these will be interesting "on us" meets :)

Bump

Members have been asking how things are going so........

Finally week commencing the 31st March.....

Mezzanine floor goes up

Reception will be built

Both shutter doors installed and exterior wall removed

Both two poster ramps installed

Electric main installed

Air ring main installed

Equipment goes in on the 7th April including building the Geo ramp/machine so we are finally getting there.

For those waiting to come in i can offer nothing other than my apologies for the delay but as you can see my battle with the contractors is nearly over.

It will all be worth it in the end, look forward to seeing you very soon for a geometry set up.

The whole arena is intended to be an experience you won't forget.. It is a million pound centre encompassing the best equipment available, from laser guided automatic tyre changers to the latest Hunter HD live acquisition Geometry calibration machine.

We will offer an open day for LOC and other clubs....... With all those skimpy dressed honeys and some unusual cars on suite... Even a Delorean to poke.... :blush:

What i am looking forward to is the knowledge day meets... This is a dedicated day where members can meet, eat, chat and we will calibrate members cars "free" at random and explain what all this Geometry lark is about :)

The whole arena is intended to be an experience you won't forget.. It is a million pound centre encompassing the best equipment available, from laser guided automatic tyre changers to the latest Hunter HD live acquisition Geometry calibration machine.

Wow all automated, put the car in one end and it comes out the other with new tyres and the geo all done, amazing.

Only joking Tony :lol:

Really chuffed for you mate, have you remembered to buy a kettle, fridge, coffee and tea bags though?

Wow all automated, put the car in one end and it comes out the other with new tyres and the geo all done, amazing.

Really chuffed for you mate, have you remembered to buy a kettle, fridge, coffee and tea bags though?

I wish it where that automated :D .... Thing is with the tyre changer is your wheels are valuable and a common complaint about tyre centres is the damage they do to the rim. This tyre changer acquires the wheel by laser then automatically removes/ fits the tyre, this solves the problem of hard to fit units like run-flat tyres and human error.

As for the check list?.... let me see

Kettle.... tick

Fridge.... not yet

Tea bags.... tick

Coffee... ordered one of those posh machines that dishes out unknown exotic coffee

Can't wait for this place to open, sounds like it'll be fantastic :D

Just found out I'm wearing my innards again so looks like the geo needs to be done :crybaby:

Again!!.... That's unusual since once the chassis is moved away from the OEM settings the tyre wear should be fine.

Have you done any more mods to the car?

• 2 weeks later...

Good news Tony, glad to hear you are getting there m8!

It sounds like it's been an ordeal getting this far, and with such large sums of money at stake, but in the end (soon) you'll be able to look back and smile and feel rightly proud of your accomplishments!

I also will be able to get my geometry done! Hooray!!! :D :P ;)

I wish it where that automated :D .... Thing is with the tyre changer is your wheels are valuable and a common complaint about tyre centres is the damage they do to the rim. This tyre changer acquires the wheel by laser then automatically removes/ fits the tyre, this solves the problem of hard to fit units like run-flat tyres and human error.

As for the check list?.... let me see

Kettle.... tick

Fridge.... not yet

Tea bags.... tick

Coffee... ordered one of those posh machines that dishes out unknown exotic coffee

Hi Tony

ive been meaning to drop round and say hello but ive been hellish busy at work, im going to get two alloys refurbed and hopefully once thats done Ill come in for an appointment to get sorted out!

Hi Tony

ive been meaning to drop round and say hello but ive been hellish busy at work, im going to get two alloys refurbed and hopefully once thats done Ill come in for an appointment to get sorted out!

I look forward to seeing you again mate... I think you will be impressed since you have seen how i've had to work within other company's... This one is done the wim way... It's the best million pound i ever spent :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links