Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That Is200 Tracking

Ah I remember this one is geometric balance and also when you fix it it will drive differently, Lexus does it for around £ 100, but the person who know best is Tony.

Good luck

I agree with all the other comments made...

"Got uneven tyre wear/bad handling problems on your IS?, only one man can help...if you can find him, maybe you could see...Dr Bones@ W.I.M"

In all seriousness, go to the good Dr Bones he will sort out your IS. I took a 420 mile round trip to see him when I had handling issues on my IS200.

You go for the original set up, takes between 60-90mins, then after 2,000miles go for a re-check/fine tune.

This problem affects all IS200/300's to my knowledge.

The original Geo Dimension Data is the fault, and everywhere you go will set it to those original wrong positions,

so no matter how good the Garage is at setting to the book, the book is wrong so the Garage will have spent ages

setting your car up to the wrong setting. Waste of money IMO unless you go see the Doc.

My handling was transformed :D

Cant say enough what Wozza has said just go and see Tony @ WIM or PM Tony if you live to far away and im sure he will probly give you the settings....or go to the WIM website...or try a search on here.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who suggested that I should contact Tony at Wheels In Motion. During the morning of 18/01/08 I contacted Tony and advised him of my problem. Tony was fantastic, and has contacted SCA international Race & rally Cenre in Norwich who will be correcting my problem. He has forwarded his data for the Lexus to me. Tony advised me to pass on his details, and is more than happy to help club members.

Tony @ WIM link: http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/ :shifty:

approx £100 plus VAT but don't quote me, send Tony a PM and he will advise.

Goldies get a discouint but that price may be with discount already.

Dr. Tony Bones @ WIM HERE

One thing which has confused me with Tony's data sheet, is the fact that he suggets changes to the rear as well as front wheels. Did anyone else have this?

:question:

approx £100 plus VAT but don't quote me, send Tony a PM and he will advise.

Goldies get a discouint but that price may be with discount already.

Dr. Tony Bones @ WIM HERE

One thing which has confused me with Tony's data sheet, is the fact that he suggets changes to the rear as well as front wheels. Did anyone else have this?

:question:

Geometry is global so the rear need to be set as well.... You may notice your rear camber positions are different from other members, the reason for this is the index 99 had a stand alone position.

I'm curious about this, does this problem only affect older IS200's?, my '04 is 4mm inside & out on all tyres, doesnt seem to be any problem at all.

It effects all IS's to varying degrees.. Early ones with 16" wheels fair best, a high majority on 17" have issues..

I suppose the trigger is the combination of the incorrect Lexus positions plus the natural deterioration of the Geometry positions accelerating the tyre wear.

Thanks again Tony. It was a local friend of mine who also owns an IS200 who questioned why the rears need altering.

I'll let you know how I get on next week. :shifty:

Please do... You have my number if there are any problems on the day.

On 22/1/08 I had the work specified in Tony's data sheet carried ut by SCA of Norwich. I have to say that the handling has totally been transformed. It drive's so much better. Thanks to all who recommended Tony at WIM, but especially to the man himself!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links