Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Uk's 1st Supercharged Is300

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats on the install mate. you must and should be chuffed with it.

I can understand why people ask regarding the auto slipping down in gears, but maybe something to consider is (although i may be completely wrong so shoot me down if needs be) that both runs done on the same rolling road will cause the same issues both before and after supercharging?? If so, are the two figures not equally comparable?? Or is it just a case of the accuracy can fluctuate so much that each value in itself is deemed un reliable, even if considered across the board??

either way mate, you must notice a big difference and a smile across the face everytime you drive the car :D :D

can i ask one more thing, how come you decided to go s/c route instead of turbo fella??

The car looks seems great mate and some impressive figures fella,

Can i ask what the extra line is on one of the Dyno graphs though?

Stav

Hey Stav, the line you are referring to relates to the fuelling.

How did Red Dot manage to keep the car in the same gear, if the previous people couldn't do it ? Genuine question by the way, trying to keep out of the argument !

My car was dynoed at Red Dot before any work was carried out, then it was mapped at millway where the map was successful but achieving a dyno result was not and I posted this earlier in the thread. The CEL gremlin was identified and rectified hence me going back to Red Dot. I raised the issue of the autobox trying to kick back into 3rd gear but the tester did not experience any problems with the power runs.

I am not disputing that there may be a problem with obtaining a dyno result from an autobox but Red Dot did not experience any problems with the runs both before and after. I have video footage though it was taken from my mobile of the runs and will try and upload them soon.

The kit fitted to my car was a bolt-on and was installed by a nominated installer recommended by the importer so to validate the warranty that comes with the blower. With these types of kit there is always room for improvement and further modifying :winky:, being part of communities like LOC is so that you can post achievements and fellow members can support and suggest improvements, but all you get from certain members is jealousy and I can now understand why other members do not post results :whistling:

congrats on the install mate. you must and should be chuffed with it.

I can understand why people ask regarding the auto slipping down in gears, but maybe something to consider is (although i may be completely wrong so shoot me down if needs be) that both runs done on the same rolling road will cause the same issues both before and after supercharging?? If so, are the two figures not equally comparable?? Or is it just a case of the accuracy can fluctuate so much that each value in itself is deemed un reliable, even if considered across the board??

either way mate, you must notice a big difference and a smile across the face everytime you drive the car :D :D

can i ask one more thing, how come you decided to go s/c route instead of turbo fella??

Thank you Rob! :D Please read above. Yes, there has been a great improvement and you can feel it when driving the car. I am happy with the results that have been achieved and believe that they are comparable. Wanting more power now! :lol:

Wozza did take me out for a spin in his IS and I noticed the difference as I prior to the IS300 I had an IS200. Through my research and numerous conversations, fellow LOC'ers included the Vortech S/C application was decided. Because, I wouldn't be the guinea pig car, I could have the car back within a 7-10 days, the kit had proven to be successful in the states and the customer support/ technical here in the UK was excellent. The majority of the american IS300 owners prefer to turbo but they do have a lot of support and expertise with the IS300 over there i.e. SRT, turbo east etc when compared to the UK and they have manual IS300's too, so S/C was the way forward.

Nice one mate. Some nice nice gains their. Best thing is knowing that peeps just arent expecting that sort of power at traffic lights etc. Top work dude! Congratulations!

Spot on! :winky:

Now this sounds like its going to go south...

i wanna ride in your is300 ...plz

Defo at the next meet fella!

Up for a mini-meet tonight ? I wanna come for a run :D

What time tonight Woz?

Thank you all for your comments, they are very much appreciated! :D

It's great you all enjoyed the blasts up the road! :winky:

Next, let me see now........ :whistling:

Only kidding, definitely got to fit the gauges that I have had sitting at home since April :o A/T fluid to be replaced and a cooler.

I will keep you up to date.

Saw it in the flesh, was an absolute beast :D

Big thanks to the guys wozza,stevie, rup and Y2 for helping me with the HID install was surprising how easy it was (guess i was just looking to complicate matters :P) Can't believe how bright they are, someone decided to shut off part of the A40 so had to do a bit of a reroute lol

Here's a pic of the engine bay from last night :

IMG_2252.jpg

Looks nice an tidy in there :D

Also I agree with some of your previous comments B15RUP, if I was to upgrade the power in car I'd ideally want on something I know will work/bolt on with ease. An can be done in a short time as I only have one car an i'd need it back for work... I'd love a turbo but building it myself would never be an option as I know nothing about cars in that depth, an even the garages that do them often will take a while to get it right and some serious pennys ..These kits are simple & effective will have to attend one time to see it in the flesh :P

Good of you to share your project so thanks :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links