Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has Anyone Seen These Projector Lights?

JamesG

Hi Guys,

Has anyone seen or tried these projectors I found an if theres enuff ppl maybe we can arrange a multiple deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-IS300...emZ110221725114

Cheers,

James

:lol:

Seen some of the projector mods on my.is - they look amazing. This seems to be a pre-made version.

Will there be any problems with these on UK cars?

And how about on IS200's?

If all checks out ok - I'd be interested!

i'd interested if all fits correctly.

couple of things tho. would these be for left hand drive cars- therefore beam pattern on wrong side. also i think i remember reading on here somewhere that the front wings on IS300 are slightly different to IS200.

plus my car doesnt have hids already where would i get the ballast from?

would these be for left hand drive cars- therefore beam pattern on wrong side.

plus my car doesnt have hids already where would i get the ballast from?

I think they are for LHD cars.This thread should give you some hints about hid's, eBay is full of them.

WOW , they look sweet , would they fit an IS200 ???

As yemgi said they need some modifying, maybe he can tell more specific how hard is to get them fit.

As mentioned previously, if they're made for the IS300 then there are several alterations that need to be made; one of which (IIRC) from reading one of MM's posts, the IS300's wings differ from the 200's.

J

thanx was sure i had read that somewhere.

i agree about the angel eyes thing being so yesterday- but had some on my astra a couple of years back. when i wired them up a put in a swith to toggle between the angels and the LED side lights. so had an option of what lighting i had on at anytime. didnt use the angels much to be honest but it looked well mean with the projector lights!

As mentioned previously, if they're made for the IS300 then there are several alterations that need to be made; one of which (IIRC) from reading one of MM's posts, the IS300's wings differ from the 200's.

J

I used to think this as well until Mat cleared it up, I don't think there's any physical difference in shape, it's just the headlight mounts are in a different place so need some modification.

I like the idea of those lights but don't really like the implementation, think the custom ones from AAC look much better but are probably pricier too

All the screws and mounts are the same, the wings are the same, the only problem is the size of the headlight housing, the IS300 one does not go through the hole in the radiator support of an IS200. Cleanest solution is to get an IS300 support, easiest is just to cut the front end ... Anyway, you will need the HID ballast to bolt on the back of the headlight are the projectors do not have the same size as the IS200 therefore they cannot be swapped.

• 4 weeks later...
What about inside it mate :P

Theres not anything at all in there!

Seats and a dash thats about it.

on the back of a fast AA truck :P

lol i would hazard a guess when your or my lex is 16 years old it will have had more break downs than my nova has had. And will have cost a hell of a lot more to get back on the road too!

All the screws and mounts are the same, the wings are the same, the only problem is the size of the headlight housing, the IS300 one does not go through the hole in the radiator support of an IS200. Cleanest solution is to get an IS300 support, easiest is just to cut the front end ... Anyway, you will need the HID ballast to bolt on the back of the headlight are the projectors do not have the same size as the IS200 therefore they cannot be swapped.

Cheers for clearing that up, Guilhem :)

J

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links