Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2008

Bazza

ok everybody August will soon start speeding towards us

what we need is not a load of people moaning about what they dont want !

what we do need is YOUR views and suggestions on how LOC as a whole can make things good for everyone

what we need are views and suggestions, and generally what works and what doesn't

please have your say, its your club, its your weekend !!

lets start chucking some ideas around

:D

plans debated about so far:

meet and greet members as they arrive

designated parking

no tents on the pitch

fencing pitch in

specific "meet up" times

courtesy entry tickets

name tags/contact details

raffle/competitions

Helpers :

Dave

Gord

Aztecbandit1

Rikos

Bonita

Having never been to JAE yet i can't really say as i've no idea hows its laid out. but from what i've read a designated parking/show area and a seperate camping area seems like a good idea.

Stav

Having never been to JAE yet i can't really say as i've no idea hows its laid out. but from what i've read a designated parking/show area and a seperate camping area seems like a good idea.

Stav

another JAE virgin :lol:

i agree, it serves a few purposes, mainly the pitch looks good, secondly it allows the lazy bones amongst us to have a lie in, thirdly it allows on pitch festivities without everyone moaning they were kept up all night

one of the cons is that some say they want to sleep within sight of their car, but to be honest its pretty secure, and i am sure people leave thier cars in far worse places

Stav

i agree, it serves a few purposes, mainly the pitch looks good, secondly it allows the lazy bones amongst us to have a lie in, thirdly it allows on pitch festivities without everyone moaning they were kept up all night

one of the cons is that some say they want to sleep within sight of their car, but to be honest its pretty secure, and i am sure people leave thier cars in far worse places

Bazza are we having the big tent ? as we could have a sort of time, to meet in the tent for everyone to get to know everyone.

Stav

Bazza are we having the big tent ? as we could have a sort of time, to meet in the tent for everyone to get to know everyone.

yes the big tent will be there

good suggestion, one of the things that seems to occur is that people turn up and dont get to know everyone or even anyone

if we all had LOC t-shirts on we would at least have a clue if they were members

We could have entry tickets, FOC of course, ,

Could have Forum name, first name and contact no. on it.

they are to be shown on entry to the pitch, then left on the dash.

We could design it and put it on the thread and they can be printed off

Are we having anything like last yrs, team events ? as this time might be good for everyone to form a team, last yr i didn't know about the truck pulling thing, so missed out on that.

I know from past years that lots of members have lots of Qs to ask (about anything) we could have sort of Q time, or book of Q's that members could write what thay wanting to know, and whow might be best to help them.

When people arrive, they could head for the tent and sign a register, just so we know who has attended .

Great idea

We could speak to Steve and have LOC branded items from the store for sale, ie mugs, t-shirts and stickers etc..

Great idea

I do have some LOC no. plates too, same as the ones in my sig.

I'll have a set of thse please John :D

Are we having anything like last yrs, team events ? as this time might be good for everyone to form a team, last yr i didn't know about the truck pulling thing, so missed out on that.

I know from past years that lots of members have lots of Qs to ask (about anything) we could have sort of Q time, or book of Q's that members could write what thay wanting to know, and whow might be best to help them.

We should get an itinery of team & other events within the next few weeks & like last year get posts up detailing them.

A meet & greet should enable us to remind everyone whats happening & when so they don't miss out :)

I think the meet and great is a brillaiant idea as last time i only met a small amount of members and would be good to meet as many as possible.

How about an LOC raffle, 5 a side football or some kind of sport.

I really need to get a tent as a night in my car wasnt the most comfortable i must admit!

Food ...... lot's of it!!! Chinese/bbq/spicy/minted anything and everything. Hopefully this time i will be able to stay for the food after paying for it :crybaby:

I think the meet and great is a brillaiant idea as last time i only met a small amount of members and would be good to meet as many as possible.

How about an LOC raffle, 5 a side football or some kind of sport.

I really need to get a tent as a night in my car wasnt the most comfortable i must admit!

Food ...... lot's of it!!! Chinese/bbq/spicy/minted anything and everything. Hopefully this time i will be able to stay for the food after paying for it :crybaby:

raffle and competitions will be on the list

football will be a no-no unless we can find a big open space well away from everyones cars, for obvious reasons :crying:

we have to try and locate some local takeaways, searches seem to produce not a lot,

to be honest having to run around collecting money, finding people and their orders is a lot of work, so this needs some suggestions

Bazza, are we having memers help out ? on the other topic Dave, Chris and myself said we would help if we could :D

the more help the better it will be for all

not only does it lessen the work for everyone, it brings the group together

perhaps we can appoint jobs for everyone, so everyone has some evolvement in one way or another

you any good at putting up tents ??

There's a fish & chip shop and chinese on the island and there is a football pitch there and small pool :)

dave,

are you familiar with the island, any contacts with local eateries would be very helpful

Bazza, are we having memers help out ? on the other topic Dave, Chris and myself said we would help if we could :D

the more help the better it will be for all

not only does it lessen the work for everyone, it brings the group together

perhaps we can appoint jobs for everyone, so everyone has some evolvement in one way or another

you any good at putting up tents ??

Yes :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk