Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been fancying a change of late - car is due its 20,000 mile service, re-taxing etc. so thought I'd take a look around.

The only car that appeals to me at the minute (and you can tell me if I'm mad) is the Honda Type R GT.

Took the Lex (2006 06 250 Sport in Messa Red, 18,800 miles, new tyres all round and truely in immaculate condition) to a local Honda dealer and asked for a part ex figure against the Honda with sat nav and optional 19in. alloys - she came back with a figure of £15,500 :crying:

She also said that she would have a job "getting any dealers to take the car off her hands"

Am I right to be shocked at that figure :crybaby:

I've been fancying a change of late - car is due its 20,000 mile service, re-taxing etc. so thought I'd take a look around.

The only car that appeals to me at the minute (and you can tell me if I'm mad) is the Honda Type R GT.

Took the Lex (2006 06 250 Sport in Messa Red, 18,800 miles, new tyres all round and truely in immaculate condition) to a local Honda dealer and asked for a part ex figure against the Honda with sat nav and optional 19in. alloys - she came back with a figure of £15,500 :crying:

She also said that she would have a job "getting any dealers to take the car off her hands"

Wicky...you're right you are mad. Why are you considering downgrading to a Honda Type 'R'. You should have told her in no uncertain terms what to do with her piece of junk.

Wicky...you're right you are mad. Why are you considering downgrading to a Honda Type 'R'. You should have told her in no uncertain terms what to do with her piece of junk.

Maybe its a blessing in disguise Tango - I always get restless after a couple of years but I think I'll hang on till later in the year and see if there are any revisions made to the IS which will tempt me.

I am delighted with my car - no complaints whatsoever - maybe I've been saved from making a massive mistake :shutit:

You need to stop drinking meths... does yer brain in :)

John

strain it thru a loaf of bread( ends cut off of course) this helps remove the purple colour and refine the taste a bit :unsure:

Run a can of Brasso through the loaf as well it takes the edge off the meths

A lexus dealer may not offer you much more - I once queried my 06 IS250 sport with MM and excellent condition against a GS450 (same year) and what put me off was a similar trade in figure....

Lexus dealers, and other luxury dealers, always offer below trade-in book price.

Take it from some one who nknows ex honda fanatic, Civics used to be good until the last run of EJ9 type R's. but after that they were just :tsktsk: . Stick with the lexus mate you are better off.

A lexus dealer may not offer you much more - I once queried my 06 IS250 sport with MM and excellent condition against a GS450 (same year) and what put me off was a similar trade in figure....

Lexus dealers, and other luxury dealers, always offer below trade-in book price.

Don't know about that - I had very good trade in prices for my TT and 05 IS250 from my local dealer. I'm amazed you couldn't get a good trade in figure against a GS450, but then again buy one a year old and let some other mug take the hit of depreciation on a large V8 petrol engined car. When fuel hits £1.50 a litre they'll be paying you to take it off their hands.

Same here as Northern Boy, ...traded in the TT for the lexus (due to impending increase in family size), Lexus offered Grand above book...

Result was TT £13K Book & £10K to move into a 220SE.. List price circa £25, Audi offered more against an A4 but went for the Lexus..... Although in 3 years time when Junior can climb in the back an strp themselves in think a TT will be back..

In the current financial climate, it's no surprise. No matter what we like to think, I'm sure that Audi will sell more A4's with '08 plates then Lexus has sold IS's since 2005. In fact they've probably sold more of the new TT's. They seem to be everywhere!

That's the simple truth. The IS is not that popular.

If you really want a hot hatch of the Honda variety, then I would suggest that you use a franchised Honda (or other marque of your choice) dealership that also has Lexus within their own group, like Sytner, for example. They don't use 3rd party traders, and so don't have to "sell" the car on. You'll get £1k more that way!! If they say they have been "offered" a cr4appy price, just challenge them. Tell 'em they have Lexus in their group and not to waste your time...I did that with my Audi and got a fairer than fair price and a discount on the Lexus before it was even launched!

Remember - car dealers are worried about the economy and the credit crunch more than you are. They are trying make sure they don't end up with a car which won't sell quickly. No matter how good your sport is, the SE Auto's and 220d's are outselling it. It ain't that popular at all.

In fact I think I hav only ever seen 2-3 Sports. The rest are SE/SEL's, with a good few base 220d's.

Why does everyone get so up tight about the trade in values these idiots offer?

I always start my negotiations with "I'm not bothered what you give me for mine... offer me a £1 if you want and massage the figures on the paperwork to suit yourselves !!" That always throws them !!! :winky:

The Ed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links