Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Key Needed

Biggz

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased blank key with three button remote for Lexus IS 200 for £140 from Jparts. It is brand new and genuine proeduct. Hope this helps. I looked at the eBay but am not sure if the remote would work. I thought spend a bit of extra money and buy genuine part. japarts imports parts from Japan and they have one head office in London. Their phone number for london is 020 8732 7236.website is www.japarts.co.uk

2nd hand key... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-REMOTE-KEY-FOB...emZ220210371332

new blank........ http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-3-BUTTON-SHELL-K...emZ120230868308

£4.75 for the blank, about £3 for the old key..

John

Thats who iv just bought my blank from looks spot on & came quik 2 just gota get it cut :winky:

I have key electrical internals for sale £20 (two button, but can be programmed as master). will need a blank case (£5 ebay) and need to get it cut. i can provide full programming instructions for door opening and immobaliser disarming. PM me.

This is excellent price. Where did you get the programming instructions from and do they work. Please let me know if they work.

gimmi a day or two and ill try to put together a good guide, there are many around the net and i have tryed several, with varying levels of sucess!

ive tryed this many times and think i have now sussed it.

I have key electrical internals for sale £20 (two button, but can be programmed as master). will need a blank case (£5 ebay) and need to get it cut. i can provide full programming instructions for door opening and immobaliser disarming. PM me.

Not sure if you are Gold member or not ? but you have to be Gold member to sell anything on here mate :winky:

Not sure if you are Gold member or not ? but you have to be Gold member to sell anything on here mate :winky:

Quite right mate, i am not. But gimmi 10 mins and i will be.

(might take longer than that, but i am applying now...)

Quite right mate, i am not. But gimmi 10 mins and i will be.

(might take longer than that, but i am applying now...)

Not showing up yet, but i have now signed up and paid.

Hi 84 Stoney

Wonder if you could clear something up for me as you seem to be well informed regarding keys.

My car is aa IS 200 SE 2001

I have only 1 key a 2 button key & have been told by my garage (not a Lexus ) that it is 'registered' as a sub key and that a master key cannot be reprogrammed off it. (A 3 button key would cost £600 - ECU plus key plus fitting & reprogramming)

I would like to have another key - ideally a 3 button key to operate door, boot & immobiliser - if not I have been told I can clone the 2 button key I have to spare.

And assume to achieve this I would need 1 blank then have this cut & a second hand key to obtain the transponder etc put them together and reprogramme it to match 'clone' my existing 2 button key.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am based in South London but can travel if required item.

Hi 84 Stoney

Wonder if you could clear something up for me as you seem to be well informed regarding keys.

My car is aa IS 200 SE 2001

I have only 1 key a 2 button key & have been told by my garage (not a Lexus ) that it is 'registered' as a sub key and that a master key cannot be reprogrammed off it. (A 3 button key would cost £600 - ECU plus key plus fitting & reprogramming)

I would like to have another key - ideally a 3 button key to operate door, boot & immobiliser - if not I have been told I can clone the 2 button key I have to spare.

And assume to achieve this I would need 1 blank then have this cut & a second hand key to obtain the transponder etc put them together and reprogramme it to match 'clone' my existing 2 button key.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am based in South London but can travel if required item.

From my understanding, without a master key you are pretty stuffed mate, if you want a 3 button key.

Technically - the 3 button key is a master key. The 2 button key is the sub/valet key. You can programme a 2 button key from a master but not the other way around (from my understanding).

£600 for ECU flash and a master key doesnt sound too bad - Lexus Oxford told me it would be over £900 for the ECU flash alone, then keys on top!

krosfyah pretty much has it right.

firstly check if it is a master or not. (original masters are always 3 button, but, i have found that 2 button keys can be reprogrammed as masters.)

when you put the key in and start the engine, does the security light come on in the instrument display? if it doesn't - master, if it does - sub/valet key.

if you do not have a master you cannot programme another and major work will be required if you need to! (£600 is a good price for this - ive heard much higher!)

the two button should be able to be cloned thou, blank cases are £5 eBay. i have the electrical bits if ya need them - £20.

hope that help, and guard that key with your life!!!!

To delete all but one key from the unit

1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.

2. Insert an existing master key into the ignition cylinder.Do not turn the key

from the OFF (LOCK) position.

3. Within fifteen seconds of inserting the key, depress and release the accelerator

pedal six times.

4. Within twenty seconds of completing the above step, depress and release

the brake pedal seven times.

5. The security light will flash, indicating all keys other than the one being used

have been deleted.

6. Remove the key from the ignition cylinder within ten seconds. It will be the

only key still programmed to work.

Add Duplicate Key

1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.

2. Insert existing master key into ignition.

3. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.

4. Within 20 seconds depress and release the brake pedal 6 times and

remove key.

5. Within 10 seconds insert new key into ignition.

6. Within 10 seconds depress and release the accelerator pedal 1 time.

7. After 80 seconds new key is registered and security light goes off.

8. Remove new key and depress and release brake pedal 1 time.

i also belive you can program 3 master keys and 5 sub/valet keys with one working master key.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links