Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So following on from a previous post about whether to go for an IS250 SE or SE-L... I also need to think about what colour leather. How practical is the Oakham leather - looks fantastic in a dark car but just not sure whether it's practical for every day. With my practicality hat on I, I think black but it's soooo dull :D

i would go for black B) in any colour car.

what ever you have would look nice but if its about praticality it has to be black

what colour paint are you going for?

I had the black leather originally, thinking that it would be easier to keep clean. As it happened it showed the dust up more and the all black cabin was bit ordinary. For my second IS I ordered the grey Sussex leather and I much prefer it - the interior looks more upmarket with the two tone black and grey and the leather is not hard to keep clean - plus the carpets are still black so they don't show the dirt too much. I've had a courtesy car with the beige Oakham leather and it was far too yellow for my taste, almost American tan, if you know what I mean. Plus the carpets are beige too and are a nightmare to keep clean.

I had the black leather originally, thinking that it would be easier to keep clean. As it happened it showed the dust up more and the all black cabin was bit ordinary. For my second IS I ordered the grey Sussex leather and I much prefer it - the interior looks more upmarket with the two tone black and grey and the leather is not hard to keep clean - plus the carpets are still black so they don't show the dirt too much. I've had a courtesy car with the beige Oakham leather and it was far too yellow for my taste, almost American tan, if you know what I mean. Plus the carpets are beige too and are a nightmare to keep clean.

it would de nice if they did a red option,ithink that on a black car looks superb.

it would de nice if they did a red option,ithink that on a black car looks superb.

yes red would be nice but not to bright though :)

yes red would be nice but not to bright though :)

also with metalic black ,iwould buy that.

Thinking of Cardoxton or Velvet black... I keep seeing cars in showrooms which are Cardoxton or Windsor Blue with the Oakham (beige) and it looks superb. Decisions, decisions :D

beige is ok as long as you have no children,if you have it has to be black.

plus the carpets are still black so they don't show the dirt too much.

I have different experience. My previous car had grey carpets and were much much easier to keep clean than black.

Unfortunately you can see everything on black carpets.

I agree - I have the grey leather in mine. Seems better than the black in my last car...

The wife has the Cadoxan with Oakham leather.... as mentioned before looks great... although to be honest the drivers seat is begining to look slightly darker, think that could be discolouring coming off wet jackets etc...but overall still looks good...

We have the Rubber mats.... Think they are about £50 from dealer, sure you could get them to through them in as part of the deal.

Baby due in May so will find out how impractical Oakham leather is then.... At least with leather it's wipe cleanish :) and it's first car will always be a Lexus...

So following on from a previous post about whether to go for an IS250 SE or SE-L... I also need to think about what colour leather. How practical is the Oakham leather - looks fantastic in a dark car but just not sure whether it's practical for every day. With my practicality hat on I, I think black but it's soooo dull :D

Reply edited cos I obviously didn't know what colour "Oakham" was.... :duh:

Thought it was the grey (which I have) but that's "Sussex", so of course the "Oakham" is the cream/tan...all so obvious really.

I'll fetch my coat... :withstupid:

No kids so went for the beige leather & black exterior. IMO, the black and grey make the interior look too dingy.

Yes, the drivers seat is starting to take on a slight hue, probably from my black jeans, but it scrubs up okay and looks good when clean.

Yes, the drivers seat is starting to take on a slight hue, probably from my black jeans, but it scrubs up okay and looks good when clean.

What do you use to clean the leather....? Same problem here with slight Hue

What do you use to clean the leather....? Same problem here with slight Hue

The first time I just used a barely-damp cloth but after a few recent trips to the tip wearing filthy clothes I used some cheapo leather cleaner we got free with our leather suite - had it years but don't know the name.

There is usually only me in the car so the drivers seat gets the most hammer, in fact whilst visiting relatives over the easter weekend, the back seats got used for only the 2nd or 3rd time!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links