Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I Being Petty?

GWilso

This might be long winded but bare with me

When I bought my used IS220 SEL MM

The advertised millage was 64109K I went to test drive a similar model because at the time this one was being prep'd (having a respray)for sale so technically I agreed to buy the car without actually viewing it :shutit:

When bargaining with lex Cambridge they were going to have the 70k service done before the handover..... but as it had already had the 60K service a few months prior I told them not to bother just to take a bit more off the asking price which they agreed.

When I actually took delivery I failed to immediately notice the millage at 65775 (a massive 1646k difference)

I'm trying to now get the 70K service free my misses thinks its petty I've threatened writing to Lex GB (not sure that will make much difference?) as I'd also like to know how they managed that millage in a week.

and in case your wondering I do have proof I have the order form when I bought the car @ 64109k and the pre approved technicians check list @65775k.

I love the car but Lex Cambridge are really starting to Pxxx me off and thats not good :whistling: its not just the mileage but other little bits and pieces cracked windscreen, worn wiper blades, having to go back to have alloys replaced and the handbrake is dodgy not what I expect from Lexus.

Did i say i love the car :unsure:

From your other thread it seems that you were aware of problem with windscreeen and alloys.Personally I would not have accepted the car prior to these items being fixed.Surely these items could have been sorted if they had to spray the car and had it for a week.

I don't think Lex GB will help as you say the checklist noted the mileage.Wipers are covered on warranty but only for 3 months I think.

Best of luck with your car and hope matters are resolved to your satisfaction.

Regards Dave

I was called 2hrs before collection to say that there was a small problem with the alloys and that would need to return the following week to have them replaced unfortunately I did not realize the cracked screen or the wipers until the journey home but reported back to the dealer straight away I've accepted I'll need to make another 180mile round trip its just a hassle but yes as you say my argument to them is this should have all been resolved before I picked the car up.

and the fact I have a cracked screen and dodgy wipers indicates that there "comprehensive pre checks" are pointless

but hey have agreed to replace all items quoted(apart from screen they want me to claim on insurance and reimburse me) but keep side swiping my emails RE:millage

Cheers

Gordon

From your other thread it seems that you were aware of problem with windscreeen and alloys.Personally I would not have accepted the car prior to these items being fixed.Surely these items could have been sorted if they had to spray the car and had it for a week.

I don't think Lex GB will help as you say the checklist noted the mileage.Wipers are covered on warranty but only for 3 months I think.

Best of luck with your car and hope matters are resolved to your satisfaction.

Regards Dave

I would be asking the dealer why I should be claiming on my insurance for the screen if it was cracked prior to purchase.Can the alloys etc. not be sorted by a nearer Lexus dealer under the approved warranty?

I would be asking the dealer why I should be claiming on my insurance for the screen if it was cracked prior to purchase.

Darn right. Don't do this and then complain how high your car insurance is at renewal time.......

Also if you allow Lexus to pass the buck and the windscreen repairers do a poor fitting job with a leaky screen,

that then ends up damaging something else etc.... you can see where I'm going with this.

The screen was cracked. Dealer Fix it. It's a point of principle. If any further faults you have only one place to complain to.

Can the alloys etc. not be sorted by a nearer Lexus dealer under the approved warranty?

I would say so, but if it is going back for the windscreen (after you demand they replace it) then where's the harm ?

As for the mileage difference, I'd demand to speak to the dealer principle & not stop complaining until you

actually speak to him. Mention you are raising the issue of being asked to claim on your insurance

re the windscreen to Auto Express. Also the windscreen, the wipers, the alloys ? I would be worried as to what

else they possibly could have missed ???? I would be asking about the competance of whoever inspected the car

prior to handover, and also to the competance of any servicing work carried out previously.

Ask him how his dealership is living up to "The Pursuit of Perfection" motto in your case.

Also mention this issue is listed on the LOC Forum (they hate bad publicity)and you are keeping Lexus GB

appraised of the faults, ongoing developements & how the dealer resolves these issues.

Best of luck Gordon

What a way to start with a new ( to you ) car :(

Don't you have a 30 day warranty with it under the Lexus replacement scheme? Make them change it !! .... and get it right FIRST time.

This is appalling customer service and doesn't say much for their PDI, handover or morals. If they had done the job properly they should have found all these faults and rectified them and preferably before you even saw the car.

Petty....not at all mate, the fact is your buying from a dealer, you shouldnt have to check things like a cracked windscreen, alloys etc........the whole point of buying from a dealer and paying the extra is for the peace of mind......if i was you i would have a good check arond the whole car and get any other problems sorted at the same time, write to the dealer princple stating exactly what the problem is and how you want it resolved.

Thanks for the input guys

You were right Lexus GB weren't much help over the phone but funnily enough 10mins after I got of the phone the dealer rings me back :D

Now in the hands of the dealer manager and awaiting some answers, ultimately aiming for the the screen to be replaced and the 70k service to be FREE for the millage adjustment

Thanks

I bought from a non lexus dealer, and had a few paint flaws on the body kit, and they re-sprayed the full kit for me, without me even asking them to, Lexus should have sorted your car's problems out without having to be asked, however minor

Hi mate hope you get the car sorted ,cant believe how they have treated you seems lexus are slipping a bit in the persuit of perfection ,...if you get any more trouble with them go to traiding standards in regards to miles ( you have proof ) and also the windscreen cracks problem, as the windscreen if cracked is by law a saftey issue and this should be done under lexus`s warranty NOT your insurance, they can not let a car leave to be driven on a public road if the screen is cracked...!!! think it is totaly appaling customer service IMHO........

hope it gets sorted. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links