Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Fog Bulbs

Morning guys,

I'm needing/wanting some LED rear fog lights bulbs.

I have the standard red fog lenses on so i presume white LED's would be best as they are higher intensity than red???

From the bulbman's thread, i see i need 7440 bulbs.

My question is, is that all?? just the bulbs and that's it (no load resistors etc)?

also, can anyone suggest (link etc) a good set of bulbs to buy?? I wan't something that'll be at least as bright as the standard filament type bulb.

cheers for any help

rob

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning guys,

I'm needing/wanting some LED rear fog lights bulbs.

I have the standard red fog lenses on so i presume white LED's would be best as they are higher intensity than red???

From the bulbman's thread, i see i need 7440 bulbs.

My question is, is that all?? just the bulbs and that's it (no load resistors etc)?

also, can anyone suggest (link etc) a good set of bulbs to buy?? I wan't something that'll be at least as bright as the standard filament type bulb.

cheers for any help

rob

Think all you need matey is the bulbs not 100% sure though :whistling:

I thought you needed load resistors with LED bulbs as they draw so little current the car thinks a bulb has failed and you'll get the warning light.........

Not really sure though, just remember they were needed for the pulse brake lights, but can't remember whether that was because of the flashing or the LEDs.......

have you not got LED's on your's?? did trudi not get a set of LED bulbs that you reccomended??

just wanna make sure i order everything i need.

chris, any reccomendations on which to get??

If your keeping the red lenses matey i'd leave the original bulbs in as you wont see a great deal of difference with the LED'S fitted in them? :D

but the filament bulbs won't work with what i have planned!! need LED's

at parthiban, AFAIK the warning light isn't connected to the fog bulb system, so in theory it shouldn't illumintae with LED's in the fogs.

someone must have LED fogs (the guys who have done clear fog lens conbversions and put red LED's in??) and can answer this either way....

at parthiban, AFAIK the warning light isn't connected to the fog bulb system, so in theory it shouldn't illumintae with LED's in the fogs.

Ahh, didn't know that, if that's the case then you won't have a problem at all............btw, are you thinking of doing the flashing lights thing? :whistling:

Ahh, didn't know that, if that's the case then you won't have a problem at all............btw, are you thinking of doing the flashing lights thing? :whistling:

maybe :winky: :whistling:

chris, they're down as 7443 and 7440 bulbs?? i need the 7440, but whats the deal with the 7443 - are they the same bulb??

They look like the 7440's as if i remember the 7443 is a stop/tail version that has 4 wires on the bottom of the bulb the ones in the picture only have the 2 wires at the bottom of the bulb so are single use ie: for side lights, fog lights and not twin element like the standard stop/tail bulbs which use 2 curcuits? :D

maybe :winky: :whistling:

What flashy light thing? If its the same as when I had my 200, it works wonders on the motorway with some div on your backside.... they back off instantly.

I've done it a little different in the 250 now.... will post a vid soon...

fogs.gif

What flashy light thing? If its the same as when I had my 200, it works wonders on the motorway with some div on your backside.... they back off instantly.

I've done it a little different in the 250 now.... will post a vid soon...

fogs.gif

It's this little black box that makes your brakes flash really quickly for 2 seconds when you apply the brakes......

Did you really have your lights like that? How do you have it on the 250? That looks awesome, unless there's a police car behind you :crybaby:

LOL thats wasnt quite what we ha in mind, but thats quality, so does it do it every time you brake or just when you flick a switch?

Stav

On its own switch just for when I get the idiots.....

Did you really have your lights like that? How do you have it on the 250? That looks awesome, unless there's a police car behind you :crybaby:

Just grabbed a quick vid off the front door video camera of the ones I've put n my 250 - FLASHY FOG THINGIES

Bought a few LEDS, strobed them, put them in a couple of black boxes and they fit perfectly in the indent of the 250 rearseat headrests! I have the fogs flashing with them too.

Sorry to hijack the thread - nothing to do with braking, just with you mentioning flashing fogs earlier. They are on a switch for when plonkers are right up my backside. Especially on the motorway. Also good for when you can see them coming towards you too fast at lights, etc.

To be fair though, its not just about being a nob - I have to use them on site - my biggest clients are in the construction industry and one of the requirements are visible warning lights front and rear. I have my flashing boob for the dash. (Not destroying my roof with the magmount) and these for the back.

Getting back to the brake flashers, have you tried putting a relay on and have the lamps flash? With the warmup/cooldown of bulbs they may merge quite nice. Hard to imagine though really.

What kind of file is that? Doesn't seem to want to play on my computer..........I get sound, but just a blank screen :unsure:

AVI mate - can you try and play it in something else? Defo works in VLC, Winamp - try classic media player?. Maybe its just some weird codec I have. lol.

HERE is another one but from my phone so is very dark and you don't get the strobe effect. You'll get the idea though. It's still in .3GP format.

Lol I know. Its going to happen one day......

Unmarked police on my backside and I'll flash them..... they'll flash back with his Blues no doubt.

Does work a treat though. Quick few second blast and they back right off. They usually drop speed and change lanes too. :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links