Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well that day has arrived, opened a letter this morning from lexus insurance,,, renewal time, a slightly worrying £450 FC

gone up a couple of quid from last year , but still not too bad, is this ammount high in comparison to yours?

and to top it all off its MOT day today :(

i knew i hated april for some reason now i know :)

i'll let you know how she fares on the mot

Skint Steve

Good luck on the MOT mate, had mine a month or so back and it sailed through.

Cheapest I could find was £418 with full no-claims, 6 points on my license and declared 30000 miles a year.

ive got a wobble at 50 to 70 , cant be the wheels as there new, plus it wobbled with the old tte's on. i had a track rod end replaced a few weeks ago, still doing the wobble :(

ill tell him to go over board on the mot this time, should sort it out, hes a good lad

it wobbled with tte's on and its wobbling with new wheels on, cant see it being wheel balancing ?

you shouldnt be paying anything on that gs now , seeing as its scrapped :)

ooo a hour to go :(:(:(

poor steve...I am paying £1,040 for my GS down here in the big smoke, that's with all mods declared.

Is that all you paying ?? with your driving record :o

:offtopic:

Whats up with his driving record? :P

Good luck with the MOT mate :D

poor steve...I am paying £1,040 for my GS down here in the big smoke, that's with all mods declared.

Is that all you paying ?? with your driving record :o

:offtopic:

Whats up with his driving record? :P

Good luck with the MOT mate :D

Well all the things/accidents/crash, he was telling us about in Germany for one :shutit:

I had a wobble on my '97 GS300 Sport and it turned out to be a warped disc on the near side front - had both replaced last week and the car is a lot better. Turned out that while the work was being done, the mechanic noticed that the bushes on the lower suspension arms had gone and I have ordered these and will be replaced next week - but had to replace the front tyres as they had worn on the inside edge due to this. Just like you, I'm skint Nigel.

As for insurance, I currently use Swiftcover and they charged me £360 for the year fully comprehensive.

when andy was under the car on the ramps checking the bushes, he said , there is no play in any thing under there,, so bushes arnt an issue, i had slight play in the steering rack, (passenger side bit) and it was VERY slight play, and oil leak frm the big nut on the underside of the steering rack ( i put this down to when i remove the oil filter), this he said would not have caused this, working back, ive got slight all these are slight , play on the propshaft center bearing , again wouldnt cause it to wobble thru steering wheel. and finally ive got a slight , noise off the diff, havnt checked oil in it for years so it could be oil level.

he said wear like that is ok for a 130k mileage car, , he likes mot'n my car as he keeps saying "Steve theres sod all wrong with this at all!"

im going to check the front disks, as you said, as when i was changing the front alloys othermonth i noticed there was marking on the disk like some one had drawn round one of the brake pads,

its big service in june so ill most prob just buy a new set...

just an off topic thing, service coming up as i said earlier, ordered my k&N filter , thanks tiger :) going to change the plugs, now ive read loads of post within loc, but cant figure out which is best for my car, at the mo ive got in ,, NGK BKR5ES-11 standard , plugs, any one recomend a better set ?.

Ta Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links