Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Absoloutly Livid!

Absoloutly fuming i'm afraid!!!

got back to the car about 6 pm this evening and found a note under my wiper......OH OH i thought!!!

turns out, some :tsktsk: (pick your word as you feel best) had reversed (pretty damn hard) into the back of my car :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

at least the damage was limited to the bumper. Its creased and plastic is split. 3 pretty large scrape marks and all in all looks pretty unsightly!!

i'm not happy at all, but the one saving grace is that the woman responsible left her name, mobile number and work number. when i called her she had already called her insurance company and admitted full liability and provided me with all the relavant details.

i promptly called adrian flux and gave them the infor so hopefully the ball will start rolling tomorrow to get it sorted.

i'll hopefully get the work done at Lexus and hopefully get a courtesy car from them :whistling:

not happy, but at tleast there are honest people in the world!!

anyone know roughly what the turn around time is likely to be from now on in till its all sorted??

also, how long is the actual repair process likely to take (remove bumper, replace bumper and paint)

cheers

rob

Absoloutly fuming i'm afraid!!!

got back to the car about 6 pm this evening and found a note under my wiper......OH OH i thought!!!

turns out, some :tsktsk: (pick your word as you feel best) had reversed (pretty damn hard) into the back of my car :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

at least the damage was limited to the bumper. Its creased and plastic is split. 3 pretty large scrape marks and all in all looks pretty unsightly!!

i'm not happy at all, but the one saving grace is that the woman responsible left her name, mobile number and work number. when i called her she had already called her insurance company and admitted full liability and provided me with all the relavant details.

i promptly called adrian flux and gave them the infor so hopefully the ball will start rolling tomorrow to get it sorted.

i'll hopefully get the work done at Lexus and hopefully get a courtesy car from them :whistling:

not happy, but at tleast there are honest people in the world!!

anyone know roughly what the turn around time is likely to be from now on in till its all sorted??

also, how long is the actual repair process likely to take (remove bumper, replace bumper and paint)

cheers

rob

Sorry to here about this Rob, someone did the same to my Green lexus outside my kids school, i have to sort myself.

Should be about a week at most to sort your repair mate :D

a week to do the work or a week to process the claim and have the work done fella??

Well from when you get the call from the garage, say take car to them Monday and then collect from them Friday.

The ball should start moving 1st thing tomorrow mate, it should be just about the date the garage can fit you in for the work to be done :D

Mate sorry to hear about this.

But consider yourself lucky - I may be being pessimistic but I reckon with 99% of these shunts the party responsible scarpers with no note and you're left footing the bill.

If you can: take the car into a bodyshop you trust or a Lexus dealer with their own (not outsourced) body shop and get a quote in the morning because I think you can request your own body shop rather than the insurers' approved one.

As long as the damage is just cosmetic it should be a 3-4 day turnaround (and if you take it to a Lex dealer you might be able to get a courtesy Lex for the duration).

And there's no reason why you should have to wait for the claim to get sorted - if you're fully comp - they pay to get it fixed and get the money back from the other insurer after.

Mate sorry to hear about this.

But consider yourself lucky - I may be being pessimistic but I reckon with 99% of these shunts the party responsible scarpers with no note and you're left footing the bill.

If you can: take the car into a bodyshop you trust or a Lexus dealer with their own (not outsourced) body shop and get a quote in the morning because I think you can request your own body shop rather than the insurers' approved one.

As long as the damage is just cosmetic it should be a 3-4 day turnaround (and if you take it to a Lex dealer you might be able to get a courtesy Lex for the duration).

And there's no reason why you should have to wait for the claim to get sorted - if you're fully comp - they pay to get it fixed and get the money back from the other insurer after.

sorry for being ignorant about all this claims malarky, but how does it work with regards to paying for it?? i thought the insurers have to agree on whatever and then say to me to take it to XXXX or YYYY to get the work done and her insurance willfoot the bill??

are u saying i can go get the work done and not pay anything myself but leave it up to the bodyshop to sort the bill out with the insurers??

yes i am fully comp, but does that matter anyway if she's accepting liability??

also, why does it ,matter if the lexus garage use an outsourced body shop??

cheers matey

rob

Firstly Rob sorry to hear about this, but at least she stopped and gave details...

you will need to pay your insurance excess to get your car back, and then

send your receipt to the other party's insurance and they will send you a cheque.

It does however take more time than you might think to get your cheque........ :whistling:

Some outsourced body shops aren't as careful as they might be, do you know of a bodyshop

someone you trust recommends ?

sorry for being ignorant about all this claims malarky, but how does it work with regards to paying for it?? i thought the insurers have to agree on whatever and then say to me to take it to XXXX or YYYY to get the work done and her insurance willfoot the bill??

are u saying i can go get the work done and not pay anything myself but leave it up to the bodyshop to sort the bill out with the insurers??

yes i am fully comp, but does that matter anyway if she's accepting liability??

also, why does it ,matter if the lexus garage use an outsourced body shop??

cheers matey

rob

With fully comp - your insurers should pay for the work (you'll have to agree with them beforehand if you want to take it soemwhere other than their apporved bodyshop). You pay the excess, your insurer pays for the work. When the liability is sorted (which will take a while even though she's admitting it) - then her insurer pay the money back to yours and you get your excess back.

If you go to one of their approved bodyshops then they'll have an arrangement with the insurer so you won't have to pay for the work yourself (other than the excess) - if you go to a bodyshop of your choosing then you have to pay and get a cheque from your insurer.

Going with one of their bodyshops will be the least hassle - but just make sure you inspect the work done very carefully when you get the car back (take a strong torch and inspect it in the light - even if it's day - and check for any overspray etc) - cos you don't want to live with a bad job.

You should be smiling. You're VERY fortunate the person who damaged your car left her details and it's all going through the insurance! Ask how many of us have come back to find out car dented or hit with no note from the person who did it.

Repair should only take a week as Gord said, the time till it goes in will depend on how you decide to proceed.

If you use the insurers approved bodyshop, they won't need to inspect so the car can go in as soon as they have an opening (which is normally in a few days).

I always request to use a Lexus bodyshop which means I need to get an estimate, send it to the insurers, and then they send someone out to assess the damage and see whether the estimate is reasonable. However, as this is a pretty small claim, and the other party has already admitted liability, they might skip these steps and let it go through.

Normally the insurers would pick up the bill minus the excess which you would pay when you collect your car from wherever repairs it. In this case though as they've already admitted liability, I don't think you will have to pay anything at all.

I'm sure if you ask your insurers they'll let you know how it works as little details may vary between insurers :)

Here is another thing you might want to do Rob, if you let her insurance company sort the repair to your car, with one of there own approved bodyshops, you dont have to pay anything at all B) as its her insurance you are going through, not yours :winky:

Here is another thing you might want to do Rob, if you let her insurance company sort the repair to your car, with one of there own approved bodyshops, you dont have to pay anything at all B) as its her insurance you are going through, not yours :winky:

thats what they just told me mate,but i'm just worried about the standard of a 'random' bodyshop??

otherwise, through lexus i have to pay my £400 excess and then wait to get the cheque back!!! :crybaby:

thats what they just told me mate,but i'm just worried about the standard of a 'random' bodyshop??

otherwise, through lexus i have to pay my £400 excess and then wait to get the cheque back!!! :crybaby:

When you collect your car from any insurance approved bodyshop, if you are not happy with the work, say so dont take the car until you are 100% happy, thay dont get payed until you sign to say you are happy :winky: and i think all do 3 year warranty on work done :D

PS, Never collect your car in the rain, unless the car is under cover and dry, so you can see the work done :winky:

right bit of progress.

spoke with the underwriter and they have said i can use Lexus to carry out the work (the approved repair centre has an AWFUL reputation where i live so not touching it with a bargepole!!).

assuming she has deffo admitted it was her fault to her insurance company (which she assures me she has), then i WON'T have to pay anything towards the new bumper/spray work from lexus - so thats good news.

should also get an IS250 courtesy car and can possibly claim back all travelling expenses to and from lexus leicester.

spoke with lexus earlier today and they have put a quote in the post - think they said about £150 for the bumper and £250 ish for the prep/spray work and fitment. So assuming the engineer agrees thats fine, i gues that's where she'll be heading (need to wait for the engineer to pop round and have a look at the damage and check the quote matches the work needed etc).

i'm assuming nothing else is damaged - doubt very much the rear crash bar would have been bent and all the boot lid and lights seem fine.

so hopefully looking at 2-3 weeks from now to get it all completely sorted :)

That's good news, hopefully it'll all be sorted soon. Make sure to check the rear lights really carefully though, especially all around the edges as they can crack very lightly there

That's good news, hopefully it'll all be sorted soon. Make sure to check the rear lights really carefully though, especially all around the edges as they can crack very lightly there

ok will do matey. didn't see any damage but haven't inspected that much to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links