Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bilt & Hamber = Wow

As a lot of you peeps may have noticed , I like my IS 200 to be kept nicely , along the way I've used numerous products and lots of different manufacturers from Autoglym to Zymol . Yesterday DJWozza and I spent all day painstakingly and tenderly Claying , polishing , sealing and finally waxing his lovely Lex (pics to follow) The same day my tub of Bilt n Hamber auto-balm arrived , and I whacked a coat on today , its really good gear and I would recommend it highly , it produces no powder on buffing , quite brilliant is an understatement . Anyway here's a few pics.

Regards

Paul.

B)

post-22839-1209486097.jpg

post-22839-1209486116.jpg

post-22839-1209486133.jpg

post-22839-1209486158.jpg

post-22839-1209486207.jpg

post-22839-1209486252.jpg

post-22839-1209486302.jpg

post-22839-1209486347.jpg

post-22839-1209486397.jpg

post-22839-1209486429.jpg

i had an email today from bilthamber,they said that there is no guarantee that using auto balm would give full protection against bird lime etching.so as a last stage protection it falls short of my requirements.i will stick with the carlack as this does give full protection.

Ill let u do mine if u like :winky:

Lookin Good :)

I'd detail it willingly Lex but its a bit of a jaunt for a start and if you did by the time you arrived back to your gaff it'd probably need doing again babe .

Still if your ever in my area your always welcome .

Regards

Paul.

B)

well done guys!

i take it both cars had auto balm applied to it.

did you have any light scratches or swirl marks to get rid of before you started. if so, how and what did you use to dress this

i'd love my gs300 sport to look like that

:D

i had an email today from bilthamber,they said that there is no guarantee that using auto balm would give full protection against bird lime etching.so as a last stage protection it falls short of my requirements.i will stick with the carlack as this does give full protection.

Do Carlack actually claim that, or is this one of those word of mouth guarantees from someone you spoke with once?

I'll happily put it to the test, with a full BH kit on offer if proved wrong.

Stop and think about this for one minute - something which is not as hard as the clearcoat beneath it, somehow magically neutralises bird acid in a layer of 20 Angstroms thick?

Yeah, pull the other one, it plays Jingle Bells!

Sorry to be so dismissive and derisory, but I really don't have any time for marketing BS and hype - which this industry has by the spadeful.

BH, like a couple of others, are the real deal, and will always be 100% honest in what their product can and can't do - hence the reply you got.

Put it like this, the first company that does produce a bird acid neutraliser of a LSP, will write themselves a very large cheque with lots of zeros on the end, as every automotive paint manufacturer on the planet will offer stupid money for the exclusive rights to its formulation, with a view to incorporating it within the clearcoat, or marketing it themselves.

Carlack is a good and well respected brand, with their Glass kit one that's championed very much - but they are not miracle workers. At least, not yet they aren't.

Now, back on topic - those two motors look very well indeed. Just remember the AB doesn't bead water like carnauba does, but that's nothing more than aesthetics and a function of surface tension, and not an indication of there being any protection still on the paintwork.

Do Carlack actually claim that, or is this one of those word of mouth guarantees from someone you spoke with once?

I'll happily put it to the test, with a full BH kit on offer if proved wrong.

Stop and think about this for one minute - something which is not as hard as the clearcoat beneath it, somehow magically neutralises bird acid in a layer of 20 Angstroms thick?

Yeah, pull the other one, it plays Jingle Bells!

Sorry to be so dismissive and derisory, but I really don't have any time for marketing BS and hype - which this industry has by the spadeful.

BH, like a couple of others, are the real deal, and will always be 100% honest in what their product can and can't do - hence the reply you got.

Put it like this, the first company that does produce a bird acid neutraliser of a LSP, will write themselves a very large cheque with lots of zeros on the end, as every automotive paint manufacturer on the planet will offer stupid money for the exclusive rights to its formulation, with a view to incorporating it within the clearcoat, or marketing it themselves.

Carlack is a good and well respected brand, with their Glass kit one that's championed very much - but they are not miracle workers. At least, not yet they aren't.

Now, back on topic - those two motors look very well indeed. Just remember the AB doesn't bead water like carnauba does, but that's nothing more than aesthetics and a function of surface tension, and not an indication of there being any protection still on the paintwork.

i have been using carlack for 18 months and yes it does protect against bird bird waste and yes carlack claim the same for the product.i made a genuine enquiry as to the level of protection of auto balm as the website is short on imformation.now,bilthamber have said that they will not guarantee protection where as you seem to know more about their product than themselves,truly an amazing feat.what's the point of making a big play on the website about ab protecting against rust on bare metal if there is no guarantee against bird lime.fact is i have found some short comings about this product and you seem to be taking it at a very personal level.i think you have little regard for anything other than your own opion.i personal attack on myself puts you in the w....r category as far as i am concerned.

As Paul mentioned above, a several stage detailing session yesterday resulted in some really great results.

I also got badly sunburnt (head like a tomatoe) in overcast 15c conditions as I didnt wear a hat.

Thanks to Paul for showing me the way to do it properly.

I also must mention we used Autoglym Glass Polish (on the glass & also as recommended on the wipers)

and wow, driving the car tonight through some light/medium rain the wipers are back like new all over again.

It really got the screen cleaner than I have ever seen.

Also Paul showed me how to touch up my rims as they had some kerb marks when I bought them, and from just a foot away

you really can't tell at all. Wheels done, Calipers Painted and Decals applied, Car Detailed. Hard work but job well done mate :D

:offtopic:

personal attack on myself puts you in the w....r category

At secondary School if we heard this we would make a circle and shout

"FIGHT !! FIGHT !! FIGHT !!"

Looks like I'll be checking the claim on Carlack's site then.

I don't know how you figure I know more about AB than BH themselves do - but if that's how you interpreted it, then what can I say?

What's protecting bare metal through scrapes/stonechips got to do with not protecting against bird lime? I fail to spot the correlation between the two.

In what respect am I taking things personally? You asked a question, got an answer, and I've queried the validity of the statement you made about Carlack protecting against bird bombs - where's personal angle in all that?

And what's this about a personal attack? My comment about my other leg playing Jingle Bells?

If so, then grow up and stop being so petty and sensitive.

It looks to me that you've completely grabbed the wrong end of the stick and are getting into a tizzy over the grand total of FA squared - but that's your prerogative, I suppose.

Maybe before I joined, you were/are seen as the detailing guru, but now that someone else is in the frame with opposing views - your nose is a little out of joint?

Either way, I've no time for pettiness and virtual squabbles - life is stressful enough without having to add to it on a forum, where I come for relaxation and a bit of craic, not for oneupmanships.

As Paul mentioned above, a several stage detailing session yesterday resulted in some really great results.

I also got badly sunburnt (head like a tomatoe) in overcast 15c conditions as I didnt wear a hat.

Thanks to Paul for showing me the way to do it properly.

I also must mention we used Autoglym Glass Polish (on the glass & also as recommended on the wipers)

and wow, driving the car tonight through some light/medium rain the wipers are back like new all over again.

:offtopic:

personal attack on myself puts you in the w....r category

At secondary School if we heard this we would make a circle and shout

"FIGHT !! FIGHT !! FIGHT !!"

well i'm too long in the tooth for suffering fools gladly.

AG GP is one of their better products, but you might also have a look at the Einszett GP too.

I've always used 303 Aerospace Protectant on rubber trim and wipers, with good effect - first I've seen mention (that I can think of) of GP's use on the blades to.

Also, if you ever consider doing the windscreen and sides/rear with something a bit more permanent, then look no further than the Carlack glass kit - very good from what I've seen and heard.

first I've seen mention (that I can think of) of GP's use on the blades

It said so on the instructions on the back of the bottle,

either

1. it cleaned the wipers good,

2. it cleaned the glass good, or

3. a combination of the two.

I left the bottle at Paul's so he could try it on his :D

Please note :

I only used it on the outside of all the windows & inside on the non film tinted ones

as it says not suitable for those.

to add my 2pence worth.

Aerospace 303 is FANTASTIC on all rubber/vinyl etc! Its UV protective as well, which is good!!

@Wozza/PCIronmike....did you guys clay the windows as well???

Now with regards Carlack....i've used it and have found it noticeably better than other stuff on the market. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean its the best, but what it does mean is that i've found it a good product to use (especially for an amateur, which i think is an important issue)

I'm interested to try the BH stuff as well, but of course that means forking out more cash on something when i have 2 large bottles here that can get desired results (that's a polite way of asking for someone to let me try a dabble to see how it pans out :blush::whistling: ).

Wozza, did you protect the wheels in any way? wheel wax or the like?? I don't know if BH can be applied to wheels?? the carlack can and i guess that helps protect against cr@p on the roads etc.

@Wozza/PCIronmike....did you guys clay the windows as well???

I claybarred the back window as it needed it IMO, on the others I just (after cleaning) used the Autoglym Glass polish.

Wozza, did you protect the wheels in any way?

I have a Turtle Wax(:sick:) brake dust barrier stuff I put on sometimes, which is quite effective,

however I didnt apply it yet as we touched up the paintwork on the wheels and wanted to leave it to harden.

Also re wheels, sometimes I use Pledge/Mr.Sheen on a duster after they are washed, and it helps stop brake dust from sticking.

Please apply it to the cloth only then wipe the wheels, never spray the wheels if you ever want to use your brakes !!

Also mine was finished with Collinite 476S Wax on as a top coat as the other stuff arrived the day after.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links