Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Wheels

imi

5 stud, 114.3mm PCD, 45mm offset.

Recommended 7.5" x 18" fronts, 8.0" or 8.5" x 18" at the back. If you are running low then go for 8.0" at the back.

On the 7.5" fronts, go for a 225/40/18 tyre, 8.0" rears go for a 235/40/18 tyre, 8.5" rears go for a 255/35/18 tyre.

Hope this helps imi :)

Or you could go 18x7.5 or 8 all round (depending on how low the car is) and then you'll be able to swap the fronts and backs occasionally to help ensure even tyre wearing and maximising their life.

Asam

Thanks for the Info - Andy & Asam..

Andy; from the above sizes what rim size have you gone for?

what ya reckon, should i go for 18x8.0" front n back? Bearing in mind i have a 35mm drop :o :o

(which Zee doesn't believe - it's true Zee :P :P )

I have just rang Motion Styling for a price on some wheels i'm interested in :

18x8.0 front and back is what is said with the tyres 225/40/18..

The make of tyre is NanKang or something.. (i read someting about these tyres??) but he said that the tyres are made by Yokohoma.. anyone any info on the tyre make??

Aditional £25 per corner for different tyre make... :ohmy::ohmy:

18x8.0 front and back is what is said with the tyres 225/40/18..

The make of tyre is NanKang or something.. (i read someting about these tyres??) but he said that the tyres are made by Yokohoma.. anyone any info on the tyre make??

Aditional £25 per corner for different tyre make... :ohmy::ohmy:

Same size wheels as mine.... can't remember my tyre size Imi, but I would NOT go for NanKangs.... Py the little extra for a decent tyre....... ;)

but I would NOT go for NanKangs.... Py the little extra for a decent tyre.......  

True True.. when i go to get the wheels in a few weeks, going to see what other tyres are available from them...

by the way Zee just orderd some of that Meguiar's products.. B) B) let you know the results sooooon!! :lol::lol:

Andy:

I have gone for 7.5" x 18" fronts, and 8.0" x 18" rears with 225/40 front and 235/40 rear tyres imi.

Maz:

On my, i gone for 18x7 front, 18x8 rear, with Falken 215,40,18 front and 225,40,18 rear

Sorry guys, to be honest i don't quite understand what these numbers mean.. but does it make a BIG difference with the 7.0 - 7.5 - 8.0 at the front and also same goes for the rear??.. :duh: :duh:

Same for the tyres 215/40/18 or 225/40/18 front and 235/40/18 or 225/40/18 for the rears?? :blink::blink:

Thanks...

Imi, for the front, cause you need to steer, people tend not to put too wide wheel and tyre on, otherwise it will catch the arch, but at the back you can have wider wheel and tyre since they dont need to be steered, ( correct me if im wrong guys, hope you know what im talking about, hehehe) :lol::lol::lol:

Imi, for the front, cause you need to steer, people tend not to put too wide wheel and tyre on, otherwise it will catch the arch, but at the back you can have wider wheel and tyre since they dont need to be steered, ( correct me if im wrong guys, hope you know what im talking about, hehehe)
Same size wheels as mine.... can't remember my tyre size Imi,

So Zee has got 18x8.0, do yours catch??

Hey Imi, just noticed you are from Wakefield, im from Ripon which is 40 mins or so from Leeds, may be a few of us can meet somewhere in between one day, would love to see your ICE set up, im good every Tuesday and Sunday Morning.... :D :D :D

Hey Imi, just noticed you are from Wakefield, im from Ripon which is 40 mins or so from Leeds, may be a few of us can meet somewhere in between one day, would love to see your ICE set up, im good every Tuesday and Sunday Morning....    

Yeh cool, we should sort something out...

I at work during the week at Huddersfield, so what's left is a sunday but can't be too early as i work Sat nites as well in wakey..

As for the ICE Install, still got a few minor touches to polish up on yet, hopefully some of it will be sorted next week..

we could sort out a mini meet up for anyone else interested?

Is there anyone else who wants to meet up in and around Leeds Area?

Don't mean to be funny mate, but why does your avatar look just like a new shape Micra ???

strange cause it used to be a peugeot

my little indian mate hammered it into a lexus

but i guess he was used to doing micras :D :D

i guess it is time to change the avatar !!!!

Don't mean to be funny mate, but why does your avatar look just like a new shape Micra ???

strange cause it used to be a peugeot

my little indian mate hammered it into a lexus

but i guess he was used to doing micras :D :D

i guess it is time to change the avatar !!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Care to share the feeling & differences having an 18 inch rims compare to the stock 17 inch rims.

Thanks.

Generally, as you 'step up', the ride is tighter and less cushioned, but this can improve stability and reduces tyre roll. And looks better :D

Check here for a good page with info...

To be honest, the difference between stepping up from 16 to 17 is more than from 17 to 18, as the width of the wheel plays a big part as a percentage of profile height...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links