Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Moped / Scooter

shake

hey,

im thinking of buying a vespa or something similar to commute to work and back but im not sure what i need.

iirc can i ride a 50cc with my normal drivers license and L plates? if so can i ride 125cc with the same? or do i need a cbt to ride anything on the road?

thanks!

shake

i was looking at the same thing, but decided the tube was a lot nicer!

if u passed car test before a certain date, u can ride 50cc with no L plates and you can carry pillion passengers. however, cbt is needed for 125, but that would mean L plates for 18 months and no pillion passengers.

p.s vespas are not as cheap as you would think would be

im willing to take the risk, i hate the underground with a passion. insurance is only £200 fully comp compared to £600 third party on a £500 nissan micra!!

i had a Peugeot 50cc speedfight, i was lucky that peugeot also did one with 125cc........

so i swapped in the new cylinder and piston, i now had a 125 :whistling:

Big brother is watching :whistling:

right, from what i can find on the interenet, if you obtained a full driving license before Feb 01 you dont need a cbt to ride. if its after Feb 01 you need to undergo the cbt before you can ride on the road.... how can i pratice if im not allowed on the road before i take the cbt? im well confused. i thought i could ride a 50cc with L plates then take the cbt when i was ready!

You have to go to a driving school who will examine your riding in an enclosed pen then you go out onto the rd with instructor once passed the CBT only lasts for 2 years if you dont pass full bike license which means you have to take CBT test again.

right, from what i can find on the interenet, if you obtained a full driving license before Feb 01 you dont need a cbt to ride. if its after Feb 01 you need to undergo the cbt before you can ride on the road.... how can i pratice if im not allowed on the road before i take the cbt? im well confused. i thought i could ride a 50cc with L plates then take the cbt when i was ready!

the cbt is not a test like the full motorbike or car test

thanks!

im after something retro looking. found this tamoretti

125black1.jpg

cheap knock off chinese make, does seem to have problems according to forums, however the dealer sorts it out free.

at least its not as bad as it used to be, if you didnt pass your CBT within 2 years you had to wait one year before resitting if you hadnt passed your full test!

You other option is to pay a few quid more and spend the first day doing a CBT, another day doing bike test training and do an automatic licence... will mean that you will never have to sit another cbt again.

I just re-took my full motorbike test at the end of feb, after passing 8 years ago it turned out the dvla fooked up and gave me the wrong class.. a restricted 78 (automatic) even though i took my test restricted full (taken when under 21 years old on a 125cc geared bike... they buggered up and put me down as a restricted automatic!!! grrrr..

They were little or no help and meant that it was quicker to re-take test than to wait for them to go to a panel (up to 18 weeks wait)..to see if they would award me the licence back (as the only keep paperwork for 6 years, there was no paper evidence of me passing on a geared bike)

Worst thing is that i have been riding big cc geared bikes since 2000 (including for the last 18 months a Kawasaki ZX12R...) ... and at ant point could have been prosecuted for riding without the correct licence... even though they typed in the wrong box when issuing!!

thanks!

im after something retro looking. found this tamoretti

125black1.jpg

cheap knock off chinese make, does seem to have problems according to forums, however the dealer sorts it out free.

Aprilia do one a bit like that matey think its called a Habana quite reliable bikes as most used to use the piagio engines my last Aprilia sr50 racing moped did 60mph and i did over 12000 miles on it without any probs :) Got a Gilera DNA125 at the moment again been a good fun bike and not had any probs again so far :D

Heres a pic of the Habana

Hmmmm bikes :D

Not ridden one for a while, but still get the tingling feeling when the subject comes up.

Pass your bike test cos you will defo want something a bit quicker eventually :winky:

Problem is that tingling sensation never goes away.. but it does lead to more bikes...

Got 4 of the things now, the ZX12R, Yamaha R6, GSXR 750 (1987) and a bandit 600 fighter...

damn it i cant find my counterpart!!! serisously whats the point of the counter part? i keep the card on me at all times for ID, now i cant remember what i did with the counter part. i remember needing it for santa pod but they let me off for not having it...

once i've done the cbt, im going to go for the das!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links